We all call ourselves Sikhs. Yeah right!!!!

SAadmin

taken from sikhpal.com

---------

Please read what I have to say below..

Before that read this article about an old man abandoned by his sons.You'll find the story in one of these links.

cd3.jpg

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040712/cth1.htm#4

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040712/chd.htm

Is this is how its all gonna end.We call ourselves-Sikhs,the chosen ones.

In this forum we have discussed many topics-some pertaining to hair,,1984, sikh personalities,etc ,etc.But we have never discussed the real issues

We have always turned a blind eye to situations which need our attention the most.Be it an ailing kid with a hole in the heart or be it this old man-who has been abandoned by his own kids.

The old man stays in Chandigarh-home to many prosperous and educated Sikhs.But Alas!!! No one has given this old man shelter.Forget shelter..The gurdwaras have done nothing

Is this is how its supposed to be. Where r those ppl who used to take initiatives and indulge in selfless acts..

I still believe in Waheguru but whenever I see/read these things , I begin to loose faith in what I have always believed in/

I wear a turban and keep my beard.I have never ever even thought about loosing my identity cos I am proud to be a sikh and I am aware of the sacrifcies made by our Gurus and his brave Khalsa.But we r letting it all go in vain as we do not even care for our fellow brothers and sisters.

I am still a student so can,t directly indulge myself in any kind of seva.But even the Gurdwara's refuse to help those in need.So I wonder...

Whats the use of Langar when fellow men ( not just Sikhs but anyone irrespective of class,caste,etc)) fails to act at the tme of need.?

Whats the use of doing seva during Gurpurabs and other festivals when we can;t even take care of our own brothers and sisters?

Whats the use of calling ourselves Sikhs when we have failed miseably as human beings?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...