Revitalization Of Sikhi

Sundeep Singh

Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh

My Sikh brothers and sisters, i lookin apon the sikh youth today am disgraced. Youth have lost their meaning of a sikh life, i speak to girls and they dont care about sikhi all they want is guys and drink is this is what is left of the sikh religion. Arrogance amongst sikhs is growing and the words of i wanna have fun rather than i want to meditate in gods name is rising.

People just dont want to change their ways. They say they are sikh but are disgracing the sikh religion. Many minds are impared by wanting to lead a western life and having money and cars.

All these are materialistic objects an mean nothing they way to reach god is to remain pure, work hard, look after theold and meditate in gods name and this to me is a good life.

Im at an age where i am in still in education trying to get a degree but the time has now come to attempt to revitalize sikhi but in the uk. Sikhi is fading and my fellow amartaris we must help the youth that have strayed and bring them back onto the path and fight oprresion.

We must unite sikhs are too divided and we are getting taken advantage of. Revitalize sikhi preeach speak the words of our gurus and do not be afraid of speaking the truth. Be at one with god.

Sundeep Singh

Gur Fateh

Sundeep Singh,

that's a very nice thing to feel. but please remember, we were all given this life to live as we choose. whether some people choose to follow SGGSJ or not is up to them. all you can do is educate the youth. you cannot tell them what to think and what to believe. allow them to make their own choices.

what good is it having a great many sikhs who are unhappy with their lives and show no interest?

newho. i don't really have much to say about this except that forcing people to do something is never the right way. although i do believe that u rn't talking about forcefully educating them.

good luck.

wjkk wjkf

I hold the deepest respect for all those sikhs who do try their best to educate kids/adults alike in sikhi. There are many gurmat camps/events held throughout the year where kids who know nothing about sikhi turn up and I think this is a beginning (u hav 2 start somewhere!) to revitalising sikhi youth. The important thing is that this continues and also gives others the courage to "spread the word" (if u like) in their local gurdwaras where many kids turn up simply coz they have to and no one does anything to actually educate them in sikhi - many don't understand gurbani, and I think it is up to those who do understand to help others to.

To tell the truth, I helped out at some camps this yr (never havin been be4) and I think I probably learnt just as much as the kids!! - coz u think u know s'thing (havin been an amritdari for so long), but in truth u've been in the dark all the time...simply coz no one who knew took the time to explain...deep stuff!!

wjkk wjkf

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Sundeep Singh,

that's a very nice thing to feel. but please remember, we were all given this life to live as we choose. whether some people choose to follow SGGSJ or not is up to them. all you can do is educate the youth. you cannot tell them what to think and what to believe. allow them to make their own choices.

what good is it having a great many sikhs who are unhappy with their lives and show no interest?

newho. i don't really have much to say about this except that forcing people to do something is never the right way. although i do believe that u rn't talking about forcefully educating them.

good luck.

with all due respect 2 u bhaji, please don't call our guru ji SGGSJ. it's so disrespectful. i bet u that if we our guru was in the human form none of would call them that

there is no difference between sri guru nanak dev ji and the others gurus and sri guru granth sahib ji