query on ardas.

Gurfateh premio,

I know some parts of ardas is taken from dasam granth.

There are some parts, i m not sure where they taken from...

1. Agaya Pai Akaal Ki Tabhi Chalaeo Panth, Sab Sikhan Koo Hakum hai Guru maneoo granth

2. Raj Karega Khalsa Akhai Rahe Na Koi

3 Vahiguroo Naam Jhaaz Hai Charaie utra paar

Can somebody provide me reference where does those above verses came from?? is it in dasam granth, sarbloh granth written by guru ji?? Or is this some thing written in rehit nama's written by Guru Da Sikhs but not Guru Himself?

Thanks in advance. :)

Yep in the Tankhahnama, Bhai Nand Lal Ji asks Guru Gobind Singh Ji about which deeds are good and bad. Then Guru Ji answers Bhai Sahibs Jis question.

The final dohra of Guru Jis reply in the Tankhahnama is the following, and the first 2 lines are contained in the Ardas:

Dohra

The Khalsa will rule and the rebels will be eliminated,

All will be obliged to join and only those who surrender will survive.

The is the directive of the Guru, that if the son of a Sikh shaves the head,

His posterity will be ruined, and if a shaven one becomes a Sikh, his descendents will flourish.

ok ok.. correct me if im wrong.. but are you saying the raj karega khalsa slogan which is so fondly shouted out all over the damn place, is actually not even GURUs bani but the bani of a poet who wrote down GURUs word in his own words and interpritations?

oooooh.. intresting.. i mean after all ragmala wasnt really attributed to any GURU was it.. so erm.. erm..

Raj karega.. .. .. .. ..

scary notion hai ka nai ..

The importance that is put into Bhai Gurdas Jis writings, that same importance is given to Bhai Nand Lal Ji. Bhai Sahib Ji was a very good Gursikh of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, whom Guru Ji was very impressed with. Even the shabad, "Nasro Mansoor Guru Gobind Singh", is of Bhai Nand Lal Ji.

• 1 month later...