brahmgyani aapi nirankaar

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh!

today's presentation is based on a veechar session attended by cybersingh, n3o , and myself.

we discussed brahmgyani aapi nirankar....

first I'll mention our sources.

we used the steek by dera sato gali to get the uthanka..and the historical context, as well as the historio-cultural aspect of the shabad.

We also used bhai veer singh to get a linguistic and spiritual context of the shabad.

our methodology

1) look at the rahao tuk of sukhmani sahib

2) look at the salok

3) look at the actual pauri....

so in understanding the rahao tuk we came to understand that sukhmani... is the peace rooted in prem, bhagtee, and gyan which liberates us from death. This peace is attained from naam. so, in other words,

the peace of this string of happiness is that happiness is the liberation gained from actualizing god's name.

The salok, roughly translated, was giving the qualities of a brahmgyani. The brahmgyani is one whose mind/heart is imbued in god, eyes see god (meaning perceives god everywhere), and whose tongue..speech..mode of communicating is all god. (god being waheguru).

then we looked at the paddhay (we actually looked at the whole paddh, but then focused on the couplet).

"brahmgyani ka sagal akaar, brahmgyani aap nirankar"

we understood this as the brahmgyani (one who sees, feels, and speaks god) is attached to the primal source, hence the world is theirs because they are above "dubidha" or duality. The brahmgyani are themselves god, god-like...in that their cultivation of awareness has brought them to the point that they are so attached to the hukam of actively being absorbed in waheguru that they became a part of waheguru...(and hence above life and death)....this is a state of absolute submission where one is under the hukam of god because one can never be god, but they can be part of the phenomenon without duality.

we matched this upto...the salok, and then further the rahao...and it was concluded that one can only be a brahmgyani if they are fully absorbed in god (which one who is "nirankar"...or as the sihaari denotes; is absorbed in waheguru)and then that was matched further to the rahao...which states that the peace/elixir/the garland....the adornment is naam, which the bhagats have imbued by cultivating....this is how sukhmani sahib was strung together by us.

the last line of the pauri gave us the understanding of the pauri.

this is a state of absolute submission where one is under the hukam of god because one can never be god, but they can be part of the phenomenon without duality.

could u explain what u mean by this further please.

Last night vichar was awesome...if we didn't had to leave early... we could have went really far probably 3-4 hrs more.....

Thanks to drawrof for this wonderful/enlightening session... :)

this is a state of absolute submission where one is under the hukam of god because one can never be god, but they can be part of the phenomenon without duality.

could u explain what u mean by this further please.

ji, the context I meant the above phrase is in that many people who look at others as "brahmgyani's"...see them as above or equal to god; in that they are god and have that "shaktee". I can agree that as a sevak/shardalu/abhyaasi one has that sharda in their view towards the "brahmgyani"...but I believe guruji is stating here that even the brahmgyani is under the hukam of god...one can never be god (in the sense that they make the primal force a mini corporation where they are the pradhaan mantree)...yet they can be part of the phenomenon of nirankar without the duality/dubidha that they are anything except a part of that god.

I hope I haven't confused the situation more

if a brahmgyani is one with god, and still subject to hukam... does this mean that god himself is bound in part by his/her/it's own hukam?

that's a meaningless question... it's like saying that u are bound by ur own will. ur will is ur choice (without getting into the whole fate / free will thing) therefore it's what u choose & not a restriction.

hence they are with god

if they are with god, does that not suggest duality.

Can he be both, part of the duality yet apart from it? Brahmgiani's existence is the illusion which is necessary for the Brahmgiani to exist in this world, but in reality there is only Brahm.

A small ego remains almost nonexistent that seperates or holds the Brahmgiani from becoming one with Brahm. which can be removed at the will of the Brahmgiani. Hence the word Brahm-giani suggest he who has attained the knowledge (BrahmBoadh) of and ultimatly the oneness with Brahm.

that's a meaningless question... it's like saying that u are bound by ur own will. ur will is ur choice (without getting into the whole fate / free will thing) therefore it's what u choose & not a restriction.

bro, that question was asked by me so u may wanna PM or just ask drawrof that question.............. :D

• 16 years later...