SIKH STUDENT CAMP '05

ghost

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u call that thing a chola - when I see pictures of guv wearing bana, I think, Oh dear! Can anyone else look so stupid.

Guv you try to do the butch nihang act but we all know your really a fairy.

Theres nothing wrong with being gay...

come out of the closet... dont try to cover it up with a bana, coz it dont work

akaaaal

Guv u may not be gay, but do you do the bana justice

next time before u slip into ure mini bana and wear that ridculous bunga..

stop and think - are you brining shame to guru ji's bana

where is you robh guv, I mean the other uk nihangs look impresive in bana

u look like a joke

this is a serious benti to guv. Please only wear the bana if you can carry it off.

akaaal

Guv you've got a good heart but ure not bana material -

I mean u wudnt scare a mouse, infact with the ridiculous pagh and niddar singh wanabe mini teer thing u have coming out of it u look very very ridiculous indeed

just giving him some honest advice sukhi ji

at the end of the day the truth hurts.

But i'm only doing this for the good of the nihang bana - it shouldnt be worn by comeone who hasnt put the effort in with thier sareer or naam baani abhiaas

ouch ouch ouch.

triple ouch!

thanks for the impartial advice ce... i'll bear it in mind

who hasnt put the effort in with thier sareer

just because i don't have a fat gut, doesn't mean i don't put effort into my sareer.

anyway getting back to the subject at hand:

I've gotta say that camp is wicked..

My own experince..

i learnt alot, but its not like in big chunks.. its broken down really well in to bitesize pieces.. so it very easy to digest!

the day is planned out!

- if u like boot camp style.. then u can wake up like 4am!

- but if u're abit chilled, there's alway 6am!

coz everyone's gota be ready for 7!!

u do paath in the morning... and there's english transliterations on a projector screen for those that don't understand or can't read panjabi... (dont worry ur not alone!)..ur not forced to do anything!!!.. u can sit and meditate in ur own thoughts instead!. noones gona jump out at ya and ask u to scream out loud!

there's also the option to do yoga!!... great exercise!! and makes sure ur wide awake!! last year was the first time i did yoga and tried to keep it going after the camp coz it did wonders for my figure!

there are some really interesting talks.. there are some very learned people out there!!.. but their topics are chosen to relate to everyday life and help each individual connect to the group.. the stuff they say is quite interesting!!.. and its only about 1hr long anyway... so if its not ur cup of tea u know that ur not gona be sittin around for hours!

as well as listening to other, you also have the option discuss and air ur own points of view and experience..this is done in small groups!.. you get to know the people around u really well... and some people make friends for life!!.. im serious!!

LUNCH TIME!! - dont think that ur gona be getting indian food, tho u do on some days.. there's pizza, pasta, fajita's, malaysian food, chips, salads...

...snacks & drinks are available through out the day!

Activities are a big laff!! - last year there was Operation Aloo.., gladdiators!.. so u battle it out with other campers, there was horse riding...which was really kool.., field sports.. football, benchball, volleyball.. an inflatable assault course.. and there was a 20ft climbing wall.. which was really fun!, archery!! there was also the option learn kirtan, tabla and have discussions. Everyone also gets the chance to do nishaan sahib sewa which is propa boosted!!

Overall it's an experience of its own!!

check out the website (it's being updated regularly!) www.sikhstudent.org

nishaan sahib the sewa was wicked!! i

i fell over doing bench ball was sooooooooo funny!

wat i loved about camp was the connection between Waheguru and the sangat...theres jus a whole different buzz in that sangat..especially when evry 1 can join in and sing from their hearts! ITS AMAZING!!

The projector screen is really helpful and encourages u to join in to feel more connected...After camp i truly appreciated the importance of sangat...

but i have to be honest the food was nice but i didnt like the malaiysan food!! EVERYTHInG ELSE WAS MMMMMMMMMMMM very nice!

THE BEST BIT WAS hearing the HUKAMNAMA every morning and having it transalated by Sukha Paji.....so wicked...Guru ji was talkin to us...AMAZING!!!

I agree with GHOST fantastic expereince! I missed camp after i left!! HAD TO GO BAK TO THE REAL WORLD!

Remeber 3 S: SEWA SANGAT SIMRAN!! :):):)