Nihang Singhs and 1984.

Nice piece

The followers of Baba Santa Singh said that he had decided to rejoin the Sikh Panth for the “high spirits†of the Khalsa Panth. They said his step would be inspiration for others. Baba Udhe Singh nephew of Baba Santa Singh, Maharaj Singh, Baba Partap Singh and Mr Prithipal Singh, Personal assistant to Jathedar Vedanti played crucial role for bringing Baba Santa Singh into the Sikh fold.

It may be recalled that at many occasions, especially during the Hola Mohalla processions, the followers of Baba Santa Singh and the SGPC and common Sikh would confront with each other. It was age old tradition that the chief of Budha Dal would lead the procession on such occasions. With his rejoining the Sikh Panth, these festivals would now be celebrated peacefully.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The followers of Baba Santa Singh said that he had decided to rejoin the Sikh Panth for the “high spirits” of the Khalsa Panth. They said his step would be inspiration for others. Baba Udhe Singh nephew of Baba Santa Singh, Maharaj Singh, Baba Partap Singh and Mr Prithipal Singh, Personal assistant to Jathedar Vedanti played crucial role for bringing Baba Santa Singh into the Sikh fold.

It may be recalled that at many occasions, especially during the Hola Mohalla processions, the followers of Baba Santa Singh and the SGPC and common Sikh would confront with each other. It was age old tradition that the chief of Budha Dal would lead the procession on such occasions. With his rejoining the Sikh Panth, these festivals would now be celebrated peacefully.

Khalsa Panth was in 'High spirits' even without Santa Singh Ji and will remain in High Spirits when Jathedar Santa Singh Ji will leave this world.

Followers of Baba Santa Singh? How many are they?

Dear, the 'Nishaan' leads the Mahalla Procession, not any single person. http://amritworld.com/gallery/displayimage...um=6&pos=10 http://amritworld.com/gallery/displayimage...bum=6&pos=9

Were you there in the Mahalla this year? Was Baba Santa Singh leading the 'Mahalla' Procession?

I take part in Mahalla every year. I saw many Mahalla processions, when Baba Santa Singh could not take part. All those festivals were 'celebrated peacefully'.

• 1 month later...

"it doesn't really clarify the matther though... it just says the renovation was not carried out as per "sikh maryada". what does that mean?"

Basically, a general very very general summary and only a portion of the story of Baba Santa Singh Jee being "kicked out" of the "panth" was that right after the attack on the Akal Takht Sahib, the budha dal baba santa singh jee was the only one with proper accurate drawings and blueprints of the Akal takht sahib in order for it to be rebuilt properly as done before during the guru's time. The indian government offered to pay for the reconstruction of the Akal takht and the Budha Dal agreed adn built it properly and beutifully.

The DDT and AKJ refused to allow the indian govt. to pay to rebuild teh akal takht and after full reconstruction they completly blew up the building in order for it to be built AGAIN with other funds.

The Akal Takht which was re-built by the DDT was also (intentionally) architecturally differnt to the old structure built by Guru Hargobind and later embellished by Maharajah Ranjit Singh. It is larger, has a different floor plan and deeper in the back to accomodate (amongst other things) a memroial gallery to Bhindranwale. Almost 20 years after it was built the SGPC have suddenly woken up to the fact that the Taksal unanimously took the decision to alter the design that was deemed acceptable by Guru Hargobind.

Aman

phoola has done many many many bad things.

but for what he did to the khalistanis in the 80's was beautiful.

we need more ppl like him. brave and fearless. but yet again let me say. he has turned every bad. very bad indeed.

nihang SINGHS were not excomminicated!!!

y didn't normal sikhs defend the gurdwarai around india. y didn't sgpc defend the gurdwara with the mighty power they have up to this day with the indian government. this god damn it y don't u ppl relise the power they have. ok it may be little but its way more than any other sikh organistion talking to the indian government.

y didn't all the sant derai of 2day defend the gurdwarai around india?

y u just pic on the dalpanth is a craze to me. fools.

i hope mister teja singh doesn't mess things up once again. some1 should tell him to take his vibrator out of his ass hole. man knows his shitz but thing is he doesn't know how to present without his personal issues.

o dirty o malwa u should come visit the loveable land of doaba. k Baba Santa Singh did his best to get all the sikhs under one banner after the war in 1984. but we all know his mission was a failure cus his children the DDT wanted to kill him off and take the power of the dalpanth khalsa. just like many sons did to their fathers in the mughal empire.

Baba Santa singh went to akal takhat cus many ppl told him to yes sgpc to. he went to get every1 under 1 banner again. Baba Santa Singh has a huge following. if u ppl get out of ur houses u will c. many old ppl many sants many punjabis know of him and respect him.

where the Nihang Singhs were they did protect ppl. punjabis also defended their pinds and ppl around them. so y do ppl keep asking stupid questions. r u that stupid to ask over and over and over again. i'm not saying on this forum i just saying inlife in general. these questions are always there. don't u think Nihangs Ninghs r Sikhs. don't u think they love Guru Nanak Dev Ji. don't u think they will defend ppl around them and themselves just like normal human beings do. if u ppl r so smart then y can't u get this in to ur narrow minded dumbwitted skulls.

ok answer this for me then. y did the so called khalistani. YES these ppl represented the khalistani movement. y did they go and kill many sikhs and hindus with cut hair? y did they kill old nihang singhs? r these sikhs. r these the followers of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. (i know hair is a must for any sikh) oh i know these ppl represent kallistan so lets 4get about them and 4get about thier sins and lets pic on the Dalpanth again.

Did u know that it was the help of Baba Santa Singh that the ddt of mehta chowk could be set up. Did u know that it was the help of Santa Singh that Baba Nihal Singh gave ammo to the ddt and many other ppl. Did u know that it was baba Santa Singh who helped Baba Nihal Singh to leave the country of india after he was tortured by the police when they found about the ammo.

manz think they al smart and shitznit. manz gotta relise how stupid they r.

hey u admins can i pick on Baba Ishwer Ji. how about Baba Nand Ji. or r u guys gonna go on alocking of teh topic. would i pick a nerve with u ppl. oh i c its ok to pick on the dalpanth but its not ok to pick on ur ppl.

anyways respect to Baba Ishwer Ji and Baba Nand ji. just trying to make u think about thinks. hmm whats the word. come on ppl get me a dictionary. biahmm is it spelt biased. anywys. get ur thinking caps on.

Respect to Baba Nanak gangster of kaljug.

Respect to Baba Santa Singh slave of the Dalpanth.

With respect to the design changes at teh Akal Takht there was a new story in teh Tribune just a couple of weeks ago where the SGPC wer complaining about the unauthorised design changes that the Taksal instituted during the rebuilding of the structure in 1986.

During the production of the dossier for UNESCO WHS the Akal Takht was surveyed and it was from that the gross changes in size and shape were documente (I dont have these documents but you can look at pictures and see the physical structure is different). Incedentally the UNESCO dossier did not include the Akal Takht becuae the new (rather shoddy) structure holds no heritage value. Despite this not being included in the WHS application the opponents of the dossier continually suggested that it was a GOI plot to take over the Darbar Sahib and teh Akal Takht !

Here is that news story

Calcutta questions change in Akal Takht design

Varinder Walia

Tribune News Service

Amritsar, May 29

The structure and design of Akal Takht were changed without taking the Sikh Panth into confidence while carrying out ‘kar seva’ by Damdami Taksal after Operation Bluestar. The Taksal owes an explanation to the Sikhs as to why the old structure was not kept intact.

Talking to TNS here today, Mr Manjit Singh Calcutta, former SGPC secretary, said Damdami Taksal, considered a Sikh seminary, also owed another explanation: of concealing the death of Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale for more than two decades. Was there any force or vested interest that compelled the Taksal for this blatant lie?

Mr Calcutta alleged that the structure of the supreme temporal seat now looked like a Gurdwara whereas the designs of the Takht and gurdwara ought to be different from one another.

Bhai Mohkam Singh, spokesman of Damdami Taksal, said a part of Akal Takht had been raised as memorial to Sant Bhindranwale in June 1986, but the formal announcement in this regard was not made public. The announcement was withheld as Baba Thakur Singh, the then acting Jathedar of the Taksal, had been claiming that he (Sant Bhindranwale) was in high spirits.

Bhai Mohkam Singh said being a ‘disciplined functionary’ of the Taksal, he did not want to embarrass the acting chief by saying that a Sant Bhindranwale memorial had been raised on the Akal Takht premises.

He urged the SGPC, Akal Takht and other Sikh organisations to collectively give recognition to the memorial, raised two decades ago. He said precious items of the ‘jalou’ could be displayed in this memorial, apart from permanently displaying the portraits of Sikh martyrs.

However, Mr Calcutta said the Taksal had been ‘misguiding’ the Sikh sangat on the death of Sant Bhindranwale even though Akal Takht and the SGPC had already two years earlier admitted to this death. This was why both the supreme Sikh organisations had recognised Bhai Ram Singh as the real Jathedar of Taksal who had endorsed the line of the SGPC and Akal Takht that Sant Bhindranwale had died on June 6, 1984.

On the other hand, the SGPC has taken a strong exception to the statement of Mr Simranjit Singh Mann, President, Akali Dal (Amritsar), that his party would demolish the memorial , to be raised in the memory of those killed during Operation Bluestar. The press release, issued by the SGPC, has alleged that Mr Mann wanted to ‘oblige’ the Congress which was responsible for the Army action.

The earliest images of teh Akal Takht are from paintings of the 1860s and then photos from the 1880s all of which capture the outside of the building. The internals have been photographed pre-1984 but not in a systematic way (Sikh arent very good at documenting their heritage). But there are some images of the old frescos inside the building . Most ofthese survived the shelling by te Indian Army but didnt survive the clamour to tear down the reconstructed building by religious and political idealogues.

Here are some interesting pictures

The First shows The Akal Takht in the 1960s - Note it is much more delicate in design.

Also note the houses to the right - When I visited Amritsar as a kid in the 1970s - I remember the bazaar came right up to to back of the Akal Takht

The entire Darbar Sahib Complex was part of the city,Not separated like today - all the bazaars and Houses on the Akal takht side have been demolished by the Government and replaced by the 'beautification project' or 'Galiara' paved area.

atakht70s0fh.png

*taken from Indian Temples and Palaces - Michael Edwardes - Hamlyn-1969

This picture shows the Akal Takht interior in the 1960s

atakhtint2pz.png

*taken from Sikhism -W Owen Cole Piara Singh Sambhi 1973

This picture shows the Akal Takht at the turn of the century - note the huge immilli (tamarind) tree compared to the one above in the 1960s

akaltkt5gs.png

* taken from The Golden Temple - Patwant singh - 1988