Why I dont try to convert people to Islam

BAZ

Many gung-ho muslims (especially new converts) are out there inviting people to Islam. Let me tell you some of the reasons they are doing this:

1.The believe Islam is the only right path

2. Many want to save your soul because they believe you are heading for hell

3. Some are just a bit too over enthusiastic

4. Making another person a muslim will reward them with Gods pleasure.

I am sure there are many other reasons but these are the main ones I can think of.

I have been a muslim for over 10 years now and I refuse to “Invite†people to Islam. It is not my place to do so. Here is why:

1.Inviting people to the Truth is the job of the Prophets and of the men of God. Jesus, Muhammad and Nanak invited people to the Path of Truth because they had traveled this Path. Who am I to invite people to a Path that I have not fully traveled??? I stumble on this path, sometimes I sit instead of walk, sometimes I stray. Im a traveler just like 99% of us so how can I even try to become a guide?

2.I am one of those muslims that don’t believe that all non-muslims are bound for hell. The Quran was revealed in an area where the population contained pagans, Christians and Jews. There are verses in the Quran that say that Christians and Jews will enter heaven. There are also some passages that condemn them to hell but if you look at those passages then you will see that these passages refer to a certain group who was persecuting muslims. Now if one takes this example as a model and uses it globally then anyone who believes in God and does good with the right intention in their heart is going to be rewarded by God by His Mercy.

3.I am a flawed human being using my religion to better myself and get closer to God. I am not an example of someone who has perfected Islam within myself. All I can do is try my best and if someone is attracted to the good that I might do or the Truth that comes from my mouth by the grace of God then so be it.

Many gung-ho muslims (especially new converts) are out there inviting people to Islam. Let me tell you some of the reasons they are doing this:

1.The believe Islam is the only right path

2. Many want to save your soul because they believe you are heading for hell

3. Some are just a bit too over enthusiastic

4. Making another person a muslim will reward them with Gods pleasure.

I am sure there are many other reasons but these are the main ones I can think of.

I have been a muslim for over 10 years now and I refuse to “Invite†people to Islam. It is not my place to do so. Here is why:

1.Inviting people to the Truth is the job of the Prophets and of the men of God. Jesus, Muhammad and Nanak invited people to the Path of Truth because they had traveled this Path. Who am I to invite people to a Path that I have not fully traveled??? I stumble on this path, sometimes I sit instead of walk, sometimes I stray. Im a traveler just like 99% of us so how can I even try to become a guide?

2.I am one of those muslims that don’t believe that all non-muslims are bound for hell. The Quran was revealed in an area where the population contained pagans, Christians and Jews. There are verses in the Quran that say that Christians and Jews will enter heaven. There are also some passages that condemn them to hell but if you look at those passages then you will see that these passages refer to a certain group who was persecuting muslims. Now if one takes this example as a model and uses it globally then anyone who believes in God and does good with the right intention in their heart is going to be rewarded by God by His Mercy.

3.I am a flawed human being using my religion to better myself and get closer to God. I am not an example of someone who has perfected Islam within myself. All I can do is try my best and if someone is attracted to the good that I might do or the Truth that comes from my mouth by the grace of God then so be it.

If every human being (of any religion) thought and felt like u, this world would be heaven!

Those who have penetrated to the essential nature of religion

will regard all religions as being the same. Although they may say

there is Buddhism, Judaism, Taoism, Islam, or whatever, they will also

say that all religions are inwardly the same. However, those who have

penetrated to the highest understanding of Dhamma will feel that the

thing called "religion" doesn't exist after all. There is no

Buddhism; there is no Christianity; there is no Islam. How can they

be the same or in conflict when they don't even exist? It just

isn't possible. Thus, the phrase "No religion!" is actually

Dhamma language of the highest level. Whether it will be understood

or not is something else, depending upon the listener, and has

nothing to do with the truth or with religion.

~Buddhadasa Bhikkhu~

• 1 month later...

Its shocking and sad to see people who claim to know more about their faith than the founders of their faith. Hate, Pride and Ego blind the "followers" of all faiths in understanding the universal Truth.

Just to give you a flavour of what's going on...

one muslim believes that.......doesnt say anything that he followed the Koran

just like lots of Christians dont really follow there faith....Christians dont beleive in abortion.....but yet they justify it by saying god would be for it and crap......even though the bible is against killing

your point proves nothing.....show me where in the Koran it says sikhs will not burn in the hell fires

The Koran and Islam state there is only one way to god that is the koran and acceptance of Islam and mohammad being the last prophet from Allah

However, Sikhi and the gurus feel there are many ways to reach god including Islam, so this in turn contradicts the Koran and shows the gurus lacked the full understanding of Islam.

So now what? Did god make a mistake when he revealed the Koran to Mohammad...or did the sikh gurus not understand the Koran and what it stated?

Remember now, in the Koran, non believers who have religions other than the abrahamic faiths burn in thr hell fires

I hope this can shed light on people using verses for their own motives.

A verse can be found in chapter 9, verse 5 (Quran) -- which in its snipped, out of context version could read: "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following verses give the context.

This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them... (as quoted above).

Directly after this permission to fight, the same verse continues, "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them... for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any member of the pagan tribe/army who asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God loves the righteous."

Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. Nowhere in the Qur'an can be found support for indiscriminate slaughter, the killing of non-combatants, or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged crimes.

REF: http://islam.about.com/

Here you can see the difference between a muslim with an extremist mentality (Cunard) and one who does not think that way. The muslim community is divided this way between extremists and those who see God as an understanding and mercyful Creator.

"Remember now, in the Koran, non believers who have religions other than the abrahamic faiths burn in thr hell fires "... this is Cunard's interpretation. Apparently Cunard fails to understand the Quran and what it stands for and what it states... this is my opinion and I am sure Cunard probably thinks that muslims who think they way I do are misguided and not following the Quran when infact we look to it to guide us also.

'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - can be taken at a spiritual level also. Moinudeen Chishti was a muslim who was extremely well respected by his people but Osama bin Laden is also a muslim who is well respected by his people. Both are muslims and both look to the Quran but one has the Light of God shining from his heart and the other the blackness of his own ego. The rest of us fall somewhere between the 2.

Many muslims are quick to send everyone to hell because that justifies their belief in their own religion. They have this view that "If we are right then you must be wrong".

Cunard says, "your point proves nothing.....show me where in the Koran it says sikhs will not burn in the hell fires ".. well I say to Cunard show me in the Quran where it says Sikhs will burn in Hell. He will pick a verse and interpret it to try and prove his point and I can take a verse and prove my point. It is a pointless argument though because neither side will budge. I believe I am right and will stick to my belief and he will stick to his. Only God can open someones heart.

Quranic quotes:

Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

And the Jews say the Christians follow nothing (true), and the Christians say the Jews follow nothing (true); yet both are readers of the Scripture. Even thus speak those who know not. Allah will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection concerning that wherein they differ.

(I think muslims should apply this to themselves and reflect on it a little)

Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians, Christians, Magians, and Polytheists,- Allah will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for Allah is witness of all things.

(remember.. ALLAH WILL JUDGE BETWEEN THEM not Cunard or others like him :P)

Koi gal nai.. just watch him bark now.

Funny how these particular muslims who condemn everyone else to hell wonder why people dont see the beauty of Islam. lol

• 1 year later...