Dated 1673 AD Adi Granth

got it from tapoban:

I was going to post this on the Kartarpur saroop thread, but the thread has lost focus.

my family has been blessed to have in our possession a dated 1673 AD Adi Granth, that's only 70 years after the original Bir was completed by Guru Arjun.

I'm sure this purattan bir offers a wealth of insight, given my embarrassingly limited knowledge of gurmukhi a have relied on the expertise of others to help translate.

here's what i've come up with so far:

1.) It is my understanding that this Adi Granth is the oldest saroop outside of India, i believe it is older then the one found at the British Library as this is dated. It was actually completed during Guru Teg Bahadur's time.

2.) of incrediable importance is a Mool Mantar written by Guru Teg Bahadur at the begining of the Adi Granth, right before Japji sahib. ( i don't know how to post pics, you can email me if you require any pics). it is actually documented in the table of contents

3.) the table of contents also states that the Japji Sahib has been transcibed from the 3 copy of Guru Ram Das's personal copy.

4.) Raagmala is present, i would like to express that this research is a work in process ( might have been put in at a later date or not, cross reference with table of content listings is needed)

i have barely scratched the surface of the table of contents, if anyone could direct me to someone who has expertise in researching purattan birs i would be greatful.

Singhdicate

Here is his email:

Please email him to get more information ::

>>>>>>>> singhdicate@aol.com <<<<

SSA Ji

i want to know about "aadh granth" with is still @ kartarPur. Actually i come know that Sodhi dhir mal family refuses to give it to any one that orignal aadh granth ji & (Not sure) it is not started it with Japji saheb Actually it is not similar as guru granth sahib bec it is very old then Guru granth sahib.

So i want to know about that whatz the diffrence there if there

Plz tell me if anybody visited that place in "kartarPur" otherwise don't uses google search & tell me bec. i have done already

• 2 weeks later...