Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj

First of all I would like to say that having pratakh darshan of Guru Nanak Dev ji is not an ordinary thing . A lot of tapsaya , kamai , shardha , pyaar of many janams is needed to have the pratakh darshan of Guru Nanak . Charitar and supan darshan are still easy to have but pratakh darshan is very rare . Santokh rishi had to do tapasya for 2 yugs to have the darshan of Guru Arjan Dev ji .

So who knows how many janams kamai Baba Nand Singh ji had . Baba Harnam Singh ji bhucho kalan wale used to say that Nand singh had come for 100 janams with us ,did kamai and seva and never asked for anything .i.e. nishkam seva . This is the bachan from mukhar bind of Baba Nand Singh ji . He used to say that bhagti marg te chaldean sat janam ho gaye hun par jo anand is janam vich aaya hai hor kise janam vich nahi aaya .

During the treta jug Baba ji had the janam of Bharat (younger brother of sri ramchandra ji) . He also had the janam of Shekh Brahm ji ( grandson of Baba farid ji ) the bani of farid ji in Guru Granth Sahib was written by shekh brahm .

And who knows what else kamai he had .

This is the sakhi of Pratkh darshan of Guru Nanak sahib cont...

After having bairag , baba ji left everything and he started doing nirol tapasya . he had the company of another saint sant jawand singh ji . they used to offer prashada to Guru Granth Sahib ji . they had lot of prem and used to do bhagtui together . once they had furna in mind that it would be great pleasure if guru nanak sahib ate prashada in pratakh form . so then they decided that its not easy to have pratakh darshan but still they will try . they did ardas that they would n't eat prashad themselves until guru nanak sahib himself eat prashada from their hands . so then they started doing ardase , But no one came .This went on 6 for days . They used to prepare fresh food every day. they didn't even drink water for 6 days . on 7 th day they became so weak due to hunger and tapasya that they became unconscious fell on the ground and while falling down this shabad came out from their mouth " eh janam tumhare lekhe madho eh janam tumahe lekhe " then guru granth sahib ji transformed into pratakh guru nanak sahib and woke them up and then he ate prashda from them .

This was the first time Baba Nand Singh ji had pratakh darshan of Guru Nanak Sahib . Then Guru ji asked him what do you want ? Baba ji said kuch nahi bas aap ji de darshan chahide hun .

Guru Nanak ji did this bachan twice but baba didn't ask for anything .

When Guru ji did third bachan Baba ji thought this wouldn't be right if he didn't obey the bachan of Guru ji and then finally Baba ji asked that jiven vi hove aapda bana lo .( by any means make me yours ). Then guru ji said tathastu .

Then some time i think 13 years after this incident , with the hukam of bhuco wale babaji , he did a sampat path at harappa . after the bhog of sampat path guru granth sahib became Guru Nanak and said rikhi ji certificate dikahyo ;meaning who is your guru or murshad ? Baba ji said you are my only guru who else i need . Then Guru Nanak ji explained that it is the maryaada or kanoon that Nirankar gives vadyayi to his bhagats . so other people can reach God only through his bhagats . that's why a guru or murshad is needed . " koi aisa sant mo ko pirhe milaave "

so then Baba Nand singh ji went to his murshad bhuch wale baba ji . then Baba maha harnam singh ji bhucho wale called baba ji around 12 a.m , took his hands in his hands , became the roop of Guru Nanak and recited this shabad " tohi mohi mohi tohi kanik kot antar kaisa " with this there was prakash all around and BAba nand singh ji got abedta with Guru Nanak . Guru NAnak was now in his heart , after that he could do pratakh darshan of Guru nanak whenever he wanted .

waheguru ...

Vahiguroo Karamjit Veer Ji,

That is most beautiful sakhi I have ever heard...If person wish to learn about sikhi they could do it just by reading/contemplating from these two sakhiya's :D

Vahiguroo Vahiguroo Vahigurooo

Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Nirankar

Dhan Dhan Baba Maha Harnam Singh Ji

Dhan Dhan Baba Nand Singh Maharaj Ji

Vahigurooo Vahiguroo !!!!!!! :D :D