Nihang Sikhs offer to help Monica Bedi

Dear moderators, please do not delete comments by anyone. This thread shows the real faces of people, who support fake Nihangs.

lol u call urself an academic? u claim to be a scholar? what shitty analysis. you take one persons opinion and apply that to a wider community. That highlights how biased u are in ur generalisation. one of the principle rule of social science : dont over generalise.

Yet our great elite scholar 'amrit' takes the writings of one person (who he knows NOTHING about) and attempts to apply it to everyone. How do u know CA associates with nihangs? he could be blagging. To make such a comment is shameful and absolutely pathetic. doesnt say much for ur academic abilities.

How poor sir, how very poor.

How do u reply beloved brother?

extra curriculum activity

so how long did it take to DNA test all the males in the world

who gets all excited as he writes such garbage.

Gandoos like your do not scare me, neither do those admin-cut you call nihang.

lol, what kinda lame ass cusses are those, come on - extra curriculam activity lol, seriously man dont ever hit out with that sh1t again.

:D

Why should people wait for your study?

Dear 'Malwe Da Sher' Ji, I do not say why people should wait for my study, but I believe people now cannot avoid reading my study. Even you will be reading my pages, when our 'Nihangs' section is updated. :)

You are not the only one, who is making comments on my work. I have been recieving lots of emails. I will be addressing to all the points raised by people in this very forum and on this page: http://www.amritworld.com/your_comments.html .

I have not addressed rest of your points. Because I think you need more time to calm down. :) . See, I have not replied to brother Balpreet Singh Ji's comments on my study. It does not mean I have ignored them. I am just waiting if he would like to make changes in his post. :D . Well, I will surely address your points in this thread. :D

Well, the main issue was a statement, which says that a few Nihangs expressed their desire to give protection to Monica Bedi. I believe that it was a wrong decision. Now, dear 'Malwe Da Sher' Ji, read this news item, which will help you to understand that Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit' was absolutely right: -

Nihangs not to provide security for Monica Bedi

EXPRESS NEWS SERVICE

HOSHIARPUR, DECEMBER 7

PUTTING to rest all speculation that Nihangs will provide security to Monica Bedi, Baba Nagar Singh, acting Jathedar of Gurdwara Harian Belan, today declared that the Nihangs had no intention of doing so.

Addressing mediapersons at Sikri village here, he said representatives of all Nihang bodies had met and taken serious note of media reports.

He said, "We are a religious body and are nationalists. We cannot support persons allegedly involved in anti-national and anti-social activities."

He said let the CBI, police and the courts do their work and the Nihangs have nothing to do with this case or with Monica Bedi.

(The Indian Express, Chandigarh, Thursday, December 8, 2005)

Lol, dear Amrit

1. I am not angry therefore need no time to calm down.

2. At no point in any of my posts on this thread have a made reference to the Monica Bedi situation or Nihang Singh’s involvement in the matter. I have simply commented on people remarks about Nihang Singh’s. Therefore, your remarks concerning you being right about the ‘shosha’ have no relevance to any of my posts.

3. My main concern was about your over generalisation, taking one persons writings and generalising shows poor academic practise, or that you are a brahm giani.

4. I have briefly had a look at some of the stuff on your website, while I was very impressed with your research; I only read a few of the articles briefly so don’t assume I will look at your study. I feel discussing maters with people who preserve the maryada is a better way of learning than consulting academics work. Your generalisation comment portrayed perfectly how irrationally some academics can think.

5. Don’t assume people who don’t share your mindset are thinking irrationally or need time to calm down. It shows arrogance and ignorance as well as being pretty patronising.

6. Still haven’t quite worked out how ‘challenge_anything’ is a giddhar.

Look forward to reading your comments brother. 1 love. Peace be with u. Akaaal

"I feel discussing maters with people who preserve the maryada is a better way of learning than consulting academics work."

I maybe wrong, but I believe Veer AmritPal Singh will be analysing and deconstructing precisely such 'maryada' that you refer to. Then it should be clear whether it is indeed an authentic 'maryada' or just something that has been invented a few hundred years ago [somewhat akin to the charge that is laid to the Singh Sabha], and been given the appearance of antiquity by those whose interest such 'maryadas' serve.

Gurfateh

when ever by mercy of Akal das will have capability Das will surly give doctaral degree to Nihung Teja Singh Ji for his thesis.

And Brother Amritpal Singh Ji for his Anti thesis to that thesis.

By mercy of Akal there will be synthsis also.

Das is happy to see the high level of intelllectual debate being on here and hope that some observations from Baba Teja Singh Ji will also emrge soon on views of Brother Amritpal Singh Ji.

To be more honest das is realy impressed by what Baba Ji wrote in sarbloh.info and further more what Brother gave as a reply.Das is realy Realy very happy to see the high level of intellect in our Panth.

especialy after expirancing person absues das use to have from some Radicals who do not belive in Raagmala or say Dasham Granth and those abuses use to bring a sort of sadness in the mind of das as they did not have any logical reply by reothic.

But when das sees sarbloh.info vs Amritworld.com das is realy very very happy on the research methodology over there.

Best of luck to the both.Akal Bless.

The Singhs of UK have made a website which has been presented with utmost sophistication and intellect. Any scholar in the world, American, British, Indian, whomever, when they see those websites, they ackowledge the sophistication with which the info is presented and each point is clearly cited with historical background.

To my knowledge though, the reason the site has not been updated is because Bhai Sahib Jee is busy writing and finishing his books. Which has higher priority than the website.

*Just a side note:

The Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa Panth is not, and will never be involved with the SGPC. The reason simply is that, The panth does not even acknowledge their existence. How can the SGPC be a "traditional" group following puratan marayada when they simply came into existence post British Rule. It can be very simply proven to someone that the SGPC is a modern group which is now present because of the British Raj. The SGPC's name in itself has a 'angrez' word in it: shromani gurudwara parbhandak COMMITEE. The Impostors took control in 1922.

As time progressed, the extreme Tat Khalsa Singh Sabhias, founded by one 'Babu' Teja Singh of Bhasaur village, Ludhiana District, Punjab, even began to dress up as an Akali Nihang. These individuals initiated new Khalsa in their own self-concocted and delusioned manner. Teja Singh 'Bhasauria', eventually became labeled as an 'apostate' by the mainstream Sikh faith for a variety of actions he later carried out.

By 1925, the prominent, and the present mainstream Sikh religious-come-political institution, the Shromani Gurudwara Parbandak Committee (S.G.P.C.) was brought into being by the passing of an Act by the British Raj. The S.G.P.C. adopted the Budha Dal titles ‘Shromani’ (meaning ‘highest authority in Sikhism’) and designation of the term ‘Akali’ for themselves.

The S.G.P.C., then taking control of the traditional religious high office of Budha Dal Jathedar, the Akal Takht, drove the Akali Nihangs of Budha Dal out of Akal Takht with the aid of the British Raj.

At present, S.G.P.C. Sikhism is promoting itself to the position of mainstream Sikhism by stealing from Akali Nihangs its past name, prestige, glories etc. They have attempted to rewrite the Akali Nihangs out of Khalsa history, and at best have reduced the Budha Dal Akali Nihangs to a mere footnote in Khalsa history.

However, the undisputed fact remains that original Khalsa was ALL Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa (for a full account, please see ‘Pracheen Panth Prakash’ written by Shaheed Rattan Singh Bhangu). Even Giani Kirpal Singh, the S.G.P.C.-elected 'Jathedar' of Akal Takht in the 1980’s, and himself a reputed historian, fully acknowledged the past traditional authority of the Budha Dal and its Jathedar in context of Sikh shrines. In a book published after his death in 1993, Giani Kirpal Singh conceded:

‘At the Akal Takht, Takht Sahib Siri Kesgarh Sahib, and Takht Dam Dama Sahib, the priests dressed in the Nihang manner. From this it is known that it was the Budha Dal Jathedar that used to control the organization of the Takhts. This was because it was Budha Dal, which looked after all the religious, and traditions of historical Gurdwaras in the Punjab. Initiating, Khalsa and preaching Dharma it did also.’

(‘Siri Akal Takht Sahib Ateh Jathedar Sahiban’, Giani Kirpal Singh (1999), Pa. 57)

Akali Nihangs only recognize the ancient pre-British Raj Khalsa traditions of ‘Dal Panth’ (meaning, ‘way of the army’ or ‘nation that is the army’). Dal Panth refers to the Akali Nihang Dals and Sach Khand Hazoor Sahib, Nanded, Maharashtra. Akali Nihangs DO NOT recognizeANY Khalsa institution which was established by or during British Raj or afterwards

What these Tat Khalsa Singh Sabhia-nurtured institutions such as the S.G.P.C. etc. do not appreciate is that history refers to events that have occurred in the past, be they good, bad, or unacceptable. History is not what one wanted, or wished to have happened. Thus, the Tat Khalsa Singh Sabhias, and the S.G.P.C. after them, by forsaking the truth have re-written, and re-orientated Sikh history to suit their perception of Sikhism itself. This process is still continuing to this very day within Sikhism as shown in the example of Vedanti and 'Gurblias Patshahi Shemi'.

Why does SGPC have the power to shorten Guru Gobind Singh Sahib's Bani such as Chopai Sahib?

Why do they have the power to remove LIVING HISTORY from Darbar Sahib. Puratan Paintings on the walls destroyed, History destroyed/"modified"/changed?

Who are they to refute Guru Sahib himself!

Who are they to take away Guru Ke Shastar from infront of the Adi Guru Darbar. That is ancient tradition.

One really big problem which I have is this:

Why is Gurbani NOT read/sang IN RAAG form. The PROPER raag in which Guru Sahiban wrote it. If it says Raag Sri Raag. That doesnt mean sing it with some bollywood tune....

Gurmat Sangeet Originated to be preformed in Darbar Sahib, and now look at where it is. Every morning on Zee Tv, go look at what kind of Raagis are there, and what knowledge they have about sangeet. They know NOTHING.

Only people such as these singhs from UK and singhs like Bhai Baldeep Singh Jee from Delhi (www.bhaibaldeepsingh.com) are attempting to do something to stop the distortion of history.

(this response was simply made to the remarks made about Nihang Singh Khalsa's and then got a little extended and rooted to many other inter-related subjects)

'This institution [the S.G.P.C.] is not accepted by all Sikhs, be it elected by votes, or be it established by force, or be it established in law so as now it is forced upon us. The Shromani Panth Budha Dal is defending itself. It keeps it’s distinctive traditions. These false institutions [s.G.P.C.] will one day vanish. They [the Nihangs] will guard the true traditions of Guru Nanak Dev and Guru Gobind Singh. The true traditions will be re-established again. These peoples [s.G.P.C.] Panth will die out.’

(Nihang Baba Udey Singh, transcript of interview, 1st March 2001)

"However, the undisputed fact remains that original Khalsa was ALL Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa (for a full account, please see ‘Pracheen Panth Prakash’ written by Shaheed Rattan Singh Bhangu)."

This does not seem to correlate with the beliefs of the authors of a certain website made by some Singhs of the UK ( I assume this is the same as that which you refer to, but to be clear, I make refrence to www.sarbloh.info)

The following link would perhaps be an adequate illustration of the point I'm trying to make.

http://www.sarbloh.info/htmls/article_whoiskhalsa2.html

How can it be the case that the original Khalsa was all Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa, when the term Khalsa is clearly suggested to apply beyond the realms of the Akali Nihangs?

The following quote from the said site sums it up rather succinctly:

"Within the Sanatan Sikh world, numerous Nirmala, Udasi and Seva Panthi Sahejdhari (non-Amritdhari) Khalsa Sikhs flourished"