Cassette to mp3 transfer?

HeyDudesWassup

yeah i've done this.

I used Nero smartsuite.

Connected cassette deck/walkman to the computer. Used the line out connection from the tape deck to Line In on the PC. You will need a cable for this. Open the Nero wave editor, press play on cassette player, hit record in wave editor and voila!

Easy as pie

Just one thing to remeber the recorded files will be huge, 30 minutes can take more than a gig of HD space, depending on how good u want the quality. I just recorded an Aziz Mian Qawwali "thaa bhi main, Hoon bhi main" which took around 4 gigs. After you have recorded you can save the file as mp3, ogg etc. than it will be normal size

Wow a gig? Where would I buy a cable for line in/out?

electronics or hi-fi store, i got mine from maplins in the UK. its just a lead with two connectors on either side of it that look like the jack you put in the headphones.

Pheena, can i upload this qawwali. It really has to be heard by everyone, the amount of passion he puts into it is amazing, it'll blow you away. Aziz Mian talks about simran and beyond simran in this qawwali. The man really is full of "mast" for the divine.

electronics or hi-fi store, i got mine from maplins in the UK. its just a lead with two connectors on either side of it that look like the jack you put in the headphones.

Pheena, can i upload this qawwali. It really has to be heard by everyone, the amount of passion he puts into it is amazing, it'll blow you away. Aziz Mian talks about simran and beyond simran in this qawwali. The man really is full of "mast" for the divine.

How big is the file?...i sent you a PM with my MSN addy, if you have messenger, add me to it and transfer it over. I'll host it for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Cassette to MP3 Converter Kit contains : 1 Cable + Software CD + Manual (.doc) File.

This Cassette to MP3 converter also available @ Nehru Place. Price is around Rs.199/- + CST + Delivery. For further details, call on below mentioend numbers...

[/font:5c3dff1f34]

Swaran Singh

LOTUS Systems & Services

106A, Osian Building, 12 Nehru Place,

New Delhi - 110019 (INDIA)

Tel : 011-26284934 / 9212006259 / 9899762645

email : info@lotus4services.com / lotusrep@del2.vsnl.net.in

www.NehruPlaceOnline.com

www.OriginalSoftwares.com

online messenger : swaran_singh_1972@yahoo.com

swaran_singh_1972@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Dear bros, here is another way to directly record into MP3 or any type of music file through Jet Audio software.

Firstly connect walkman output into PC input as discussed above. Then open Jet Audio music player software (may be taken from Jetaudio.com or elsewhere) Hit "record" then hit :source: line in. Hit Endoder: MP3 . Hit :config: for channels & Bitrate (constant or vibrate: 128 Kbps to 8 Kbps what u may want. Then make other normal settings and then play on walkman and hit "start". You may see help file. There are many good options in Jet audio. I like it and have recorded numerous cassettes of my choice (Gurbani Keertan, Ghazals, Qawallies, Classical music). With regards.