Meditation problem

WJKK WJKF

When ever i sit down in a chownkadi on the floor(lotus position) for more the 10 to 15 minutes the lower part of bac starts to hurt and i have to lie down for a few moments to ease it.Is there a way to remove this back pain, so that i can sit longer without having a back pain? I have different positions but they help for a little while then it sarts hurting again.

WJKK WJKF

Apart from the obvious basic stretching you can do, I find that hindu squats (baithka) can strengthen your lower back, if you keep good form throughout the excercise. Also training with weights correctly can strengthen your lower back. BUT training with weights good form is an absolute essential throughout the movement otherwise you can damage your lower back. General good posture throughout the day can i.e. keeping your back straight and head inline with torso can make your body use-to a straight backed position. If you can't be bothered to do any of that sit against a wall, or if you are willing to damage your body to obtain higher spiritual states then keep the pain as long as you can and use the pain to focus upon waheguru, u will get some mad concentration going if your hard

ALso just to add another excercise to help back - hindu push up this you do by starting off ina normal push up mode and then raise your arse into the air so your body is a V and your head between your hands then move your head upwards looking straight ahead whilst your backside is lowered to the ground thus arching your back.

What i found is simply breathing in..

Take a deep breath inwards, and as your lungs fill up your upper body raises and your shoulders kinda move back alittle, just naturally dont place anything anywhere just take a deep breath and once your back is straight just try to keep it in that position, ironically it stops the back pain problem, however i forget and end up slackening back to a crap position and when my back starts hurting or I realise i messed up, just take in anothe deep breath and reset my posture.. works well for me..

well i don't meditate that much . but there were times when i used too a little bit . so i used have this back problem too . but i guess as i grew older my back became more strong. and the thing is that last summer i worked at FEDEX grounds where i had to do heavy lifting and bending . tht made my back strong and i realised i could sit in straight postures for longer periods.

in the beginning back does hurt but as you get used to it will go away slowly but it takes time. no hurries

the exercises as mentioned above will benefit for sure

I cant sit straight if i sit after taking a huge meal lol i think that is obvious'

what my problem is that I cannot sit still more than 30 minutes . after 30 minutes my back is fine but my legs start hurting . i feel as they have become numb . i dunt know abt tht. any advice about tht please ?

Wjkk WJKF

I used to have the same problem until I used to go Yoga. In Yoga they told me be always aware of the back and keep it straight, dont let it arch. In yoga there are excersies which can be done for lower back which can also strenghten it aswell. In Sikh Missionaire College, Southall. They have yoga classes running on Tuesdays and Fridays from 6.30pm to 8.00pm. They ask for a donation of £5 per session. I think its relaxing doing yoga, you can even apply theses yogic teachings to life.