Puratan Raagis

cybersingh

Gurfateh Sangat Ji................

Here's some classical pics (more like paintings but almost close) of puratan raagis....................Bhai Mastan Singh, Bhai Taba ji Rababi and Ustad Udo Khan Sahib Ji........Can anyone shed some light on these souls?....

Ustad Udo Khan Sahib Ji............036nb5.th.jpg

Bhai Mastan Singh Ji.............bhaimastansinghek3.th.jpg

Bhai Taba Ji Rababi...............bhaitabajivk0.th.jpg

They all associate themselves with NAAAAAMDHAAAARIIIIEEESSS... THEY ARE THEREFORE MOST DEFINITELY NOT GURSEEEEKZ COZ THEY ONLY SING BANI FOR PEACE OF MIND! THEY LIVE BY GURBANI! THEY ARE NOT GURSEEKZ! TO BE A GURSEEKZ U MUST BANG UR HEAD ON THE FLOOR INFRONT OF GURUBANI SAHIB 50 TIMES A DAY AND PAY ATLEAST 50 EUROS TO THE GODVARA WHENEVER U GET A CHANCE! DATS HOW U B MASSIVE TYAR-BAR-TYAR SINGH YO! U MUST B TYAR-BAR-TYAR TO EAT 50 POUNDS OF KARHA PARSHAAD COOKED WITH TAP WATER EVERYDAY AT DA GODVARA. U MUST ALSO REFER TO EVERYONE, REGARDLESS OF DEM HAVING RECEIVED KHANDE DE PAHUL OR NOT AS 'SINGHZ' AND 'KAURZ' YO! ALSO TO B A GURSEEKZ U MUST NEVA GOTO ANY WEBSITE OR READ NUFFIN BOUT NO OTHER 'SECT' YO! COZ THERE BE NO SECT IN SICKISM AIITE?

P34C3

-F4t3h$1NgH

Dear cybersingh Bhai Sahib,

Here is a chapter from the SGPC Dharam Prachaar Committee's "Sri Harimandir Sahib da Sunehree Itihas"

The Chapter is about the Rababees and Raagees of Harimandir Sahib and includes those whose pictures you posted and others like Bhai Mansha Singh and Baba Shaam Singh Addan Shahi (Dera Aataa Mandi)

I have posted the whole chapter - it is one of those hard to read and handle Punjabi books that are tightly sewn together - that explains the slightly askew pictures!

Hope it is of some use !

(** taken from 'Sri Harimandir Sahib da Sunehree Itihas' - Singh Sahib Giani Kirpal Singh - Dharam Prachaar Committee, SGPC, Amritsar - 1991 - pages 307-332 )

dsc011152wi5.jpg

dsc011162af8.jpg

dsc011182wv5.jpg

dsc011192lc2.jpg

dsc011202tt2.jpg

dsc011212cf6.jpg

dsc011222jv0.jpg

dsc011232sr3.jpg

dsc011242mt5.jpg

dsc011252ry2.jpg

dsc011262zo8.jpg

dsc011282ub8.jpg

dsc011292jx6.jpg

dsc011302rx3.jpg

dsc011312em1.jpg

dsc011322jz8.jpg

dsc011332qr0.jpg

dsc011352mr4.jpg

dsc011362ig6.jpg

dsc011372pd7.jpg

dsc011382yk4.jpg

dsc011392xf4.jpg

dsc011402bi5.jpg

dsc011412hc7.jpg

dsc011422so0.jpg

dsc011432ez3.jpg

Gurfateh !

Ranjit Singh 'Freed'

Veer Fateh Singh Ji,

With all due respect, your satirical comments do not paint a very nice picture for you, nor do they do any favours for your representation of Namdharis on this forum.

I pray Vaheguru blesses you with sukh shanti of mun. Naam-dhari is not a title to be taken lightly, a real Naam-dhari would not have so much hate and offence of such a large populous, of which you have only met a tiny fraction, and so have no right to stereo-type. Most "main-stream" Gursikh I know do not actually hold any emnity against anyone, and focus on their own jeevan and Guru, as I suggest you should.

Some of the comments you make above I find offensive, especially the Mataa teking one which you can try and explain anyway you like. You are refering to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, who hold the place of honour in the Gurdwara, and we place our mat in front of Guru Ji and ask for Gurmat, as well as giving our head to them - which personally is my expression to my Master that I belong to them - and abide my their hukum. Most Namdhari I know (famous ones) mathaa tek to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, with much pyaar. I do not now what your aim is regarding the dasvandh or karah prasaad comments.

I am getting a little tired of this constant tirade by many members of this forum on the mainstream, all have good and bad.

What is the difference between sites like Tapoban Sahib and here, none, when all everyone does is ridicule one another.

I do a benti to agressors (be it comedians, academics, or those with personal issues), wise up and open your eyes to hankaar, which is the basis of these types of comments.

I ask you to kindly take a minute to read my Satguru's very relevent words below:

ਰੋਸੁ ਨ ਕਾਹੂ ਸੰਗ ਕਰਹੁ ਆਪਨ ਆਪੁ ਬੀਚਾਰਿ ॥

ros na kaahoo sang karahu aapan aap beechaar.

Do not be angry with anyone else; look within your own self instead.

ਹੋਇ ਨਿਮਾਨਾ ਜਗਿ ਰਹਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਦਰੀ ਪਾਰਿ ॥੧॥

ho-ay nimaanaa jag rahhu naanak nadree paar. ||1||

Be humble in this world, O Nanak, and by His Grace you shall be carried across. ||1||

&

ਪਉੜੀ ॥

pa-orhee.

Pauree:

ਵਵਾ ਵੈਰੁ ਨ ਕਰੀਐ ਕਾਹੂ ॥

vavaa vair na karee-ai kaahoo.

WAWWA: Do not harbor hatred against anyone.

ਘਟ ਘਟ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਸਮਾਹੂ ॥

ghat ghat antar barahm samaahoo.

In each and every heart, God is contained.

ਵਾਸੁਦੇਵ ਜਲ ਥਲ ਮਹਿ ਰਵਿਆ ॥

vaasudayv jal thal meh ravi-aa.

The All-pervading Lord is permeating and pervading the oceans and the land.

ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਵਿਰਲੈ ਹੀ ਗਵਿਆ ॥

gur parsaad virlai hee gavi-aa.

How rare are those who, by Guru's Grace, sing of Him.

ਵੈਰ ਵਿਰੋਧ ਮਿਟੇ ਤਿਹ ਮਨ ਤੇ ॥

vair viroDh mitay tih man tay.

Hatred and alienation depart from those

ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਨੁ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜੋ ਸੁਨਤੇ ॥

har keertan gurmukh jo suntay.

who, as Gurmukh, listen to the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises.

ਵਰਨ ਚਿਹਨ ਸਗਲਹ ਤੇ ਰਹਤਾ ॥

varan chihan saglah tay rahtaa.

He rises above all social classes and status symbols,

ਨਾਨਕ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜੋ ਕਹਤਾ ॥੪੬॥

naanak har har gurmukh jo kahtaa. ||46||

O Nanak, one who becomes Gurmukh and chants the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. ||46||

&

ਪਉੜੀ ॥

pa-orhee.

Pauree:

ੜਾੜਾ ੜਾੜਿ ਮਿਟੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਸਾਧੂ ॥

rhaarhaa rhaarh mitai sang saaDhoo.

RARRA: Conflict is eliminated in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy;

ਕਰਮ ਧਰਮ ਤਤੁ ਨਾਮ ਅਰਾਧੂ ॥

karam Dharam tat naam araaDhoo.

meditate in adoration on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, the essence of karma and Dharma.

ਰੂੜੋ ਜਿਹ ਬਸਿਓ ਰਿਦ ਮਾਹੀ ॥

roorho jih basi-o rid maahee.

When the Beautiful Lord abides within the heart,

ਉਆ ਕੀ ੜਾੜਿ ਮਿਟਤ ਬਿਨਸਾਹੀ ॥

u-aa kee rhaarh mitat binsaahee.

conflict is erased and ended.

ੜਾੜਿ ਕਰਤ ਸਾਕਤ ਗਾਵਾਰਾ ॥

rhaarh karat saakat gaavaaraa.

The foolish, faithless cynic picks arguments -

ਜੇਹ ਹੀਐ ਅਹੰਬੁਧਿ ਬਿਕਾਰਾ ॥

jayh hee-ai ahaN-buDh bikaaraa.

his heart is filled with corruption and egotistical intellect.

ੜਾੜਾ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ੜਾੜਿ ਮਿਟਾਈ ॥

rhaarhaa gurmukh rhaarh mitaa-ee.

RARRA: For the Gurmukh, conflict is eliminated,

ਨਿਮਖ ਮਾਹਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਮਝਾਈ ॥੪੭॥

nimakh maahi naanak samjhaa-ee. ||47||

O Nanak, in an instant through the Teachings. ||47||

thank u for ur advice. much appreciated. I did not mean to come off as hateful and such but was merely poking fun at the materialistically obsessed crowd.. I realize there are far more good and liberal people in ur panth than the taliban types and that is y I did not expect u'd take offense.. guess ppl have different tastes in comedy :LOL:..i will delete the comment if its that offensive to u.. many thanx for all ur blessings

Dear Veer Ji,

Firstly "my" panth is Guru Gobind Singh Ji's panth, and it is very diverse, like it was created to be, please don't assume.

Secondly, there is a difference between being liberal and being tolerant, compassionate, kind, wise and respectful.

Showing outer expressions of faith does not constitute being materially obsessed.

There is no need to delete your post, with Vaheguru Ji's grace, I humbly ask, please learn from it.

Vaheguru

Cool, I didn't know Baba Jagjit Singh Ji played the Saranda as well.

Does anyone have a recording?

The painting of Baba Shaam Singh Ji I have heard is inaccurate, the painting is based on photograph at their Dera, but apparently the Saranda is missing, also, Baba Ji's real Sarandai were stolen and have been replaced by cheaper inaccurate models.

The Saranda Baba Jagjit Singh Ji is playing is more Puratan size, of which 3 sizes have been found - 9.5, 10.5 and 11.5 inch models, the Saranda in Baba Shaam Singh Ji's painting is comparetively tiny!

Here is another version of the painting, I will try and locate the original photos of Baba Shaam Singh Ji and their Sarandai.

Guys enough of these sarcasm posts, no more insult replies or sarcasm replies, both parties posts with sarcasm will be deleted without any notice.

Stick to the topic and keep it clean