Any good Raag Kirtan Sites?

Its seems as though DC++ has stopped working for me :cry: . But I heard this Shabad on Desi Radio in the morning by Kabir Ji and been after it for ages. And I was wondering if any of you knew any good raag kirtan sites which I can look for Kabir Ji's Shabad and for other shabads too!

If your really interested in Nirdaareth (title, as per Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji) raag kirtan, I would recommend you invest in teh following albums, which althoug pricey, are excellent value for money as they contain a whole compendium of the raags in Maharaj.

Many of these are available on the net in various forms, but I would request you and all kirtan lovers to buy the albums rather than illegally downloading them, in order to support the lifetimes hard work these sevadaar have put in, and thus encourage them to do more, encourage shops to stock more raag kirtan and increase demand in raag kirtan, so there are more exponents, more competition and a higher quality of kirtan will be the result in no time at all....

Dhan So Raag Sorangreh - by Bhai Balbir Singh Ji

Gurbnai Kirtan Parampara - Bhai Avtaar Singh Ji

Har Har Govind Japah - Bhai Nirmal Singh Ji (not sure if title)

Jin Prem Kiyo - Bhai Nirmal Singh Ji (not sure if title)

Man tu Jyot Saroop Hai - Bhai Nirmal Singh Ji (not sure if title)

Mere Mun - Professor Surinder Singh Ji

Anhad - Professor Surinder Singh Ji

Prem Piri - Bhai Avtaar Singh Ji

Raag Guldasta - Bhai Balbir Singh i

Virsa - Bhai Avtaar Singh Ji

http://www.bcsikhyouth.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5

Above link is Dr Gurnaam Singh's shabd, I would also recommend getting Dr Ji's cd set (Sikh Musicology?), as it is the only set (apart from Mere Mun) to cover "all" the gurbani raags including Guru Arjun Dev Ji's mishrat raags.

To learn about the meanings of raags, Mere Mun is recommended as it also includes an excellent book explaining each of the raags moods in sri Guru Granth Sahib (par Asa Asavari).

Vaheguru

www.gurmatsangeetproject.com

www.gurmatveechar.com

www.keertan.org

all have raag keertan on, the gurmat sangeet samellans are on keertan.org

gurmatveechar has loads of bhai balbir singh and exclusingh bhai dharam singh zakhmi shabads from the 1960's in Kenya

gurmatsangeetproject has lots of raag keertan from loads of raagis

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...