Manifestation or Incarnation

I am not sure if this discussion has already been had in detail (if so, apologies, could some kind person please post the link).

Is an Avataar a manifestation or incarnation?

From what I have found the word Avataar refers to a descent i.e. from a higher plane to a lower plane, or maybe from an immaterial plane to a material plane or perhaps from an incomprehendable to a comprehendable one etc.

First it may be good to determine what sangats understanding of the word Avataar is, with sources if possible.

If sangat could then explain their understanding of the difference between manifestation or incarnation, and give sources to back this up (Sikh, Hindu, Islamic etc), and state what an Avataar is... would be very helpful.

Also, I would like to know if sangat thinks that Sri Krishna, Sri Ram Chand Ji, Guru Sahiban, Prophet Mohammed/12 Imams, Buddha, Zorastor, Jesus, Moses, Ibrahim...were all Avataars?

Dhanvaad

I am not sure if this discussion has already been had in detail (if so, apologies, could some kind person please post the link).

Is an Avataar a manifestation or incarnation?

There's a good discussion on it here... Was Guru Nanak God himself?

I think the general conclusion is an Avatar is NOT an incarnation (ie in the flesh)... & there is no real translation for it in English, but manifestation is much closer.