keski wale kuriyaa

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh i no..thats wot it means...but thats nt the hole point of it..if that was..den everyone could wear joore at the bak wid a patka coverin it

VAisakhi

when the GuruDwara in GOthemburg

was pend

(In SWEDEN)

there were gyals with PATTE (CUT HAIR)

who where wearing

keshki

for fashion

n thoght it looked kool

:roll: :roll: :roll:

but dats not really da point of it

what KHalsa Souljah meant was

Kuirya With Kuski

looks Cute

n not taht that was the point o having it :roll:

er....khalsa sulja..i dnt tink girls wid keskiaa r actually ment 2 look pretty......theyre ment 2 look plain..thats the point

not really. when u see all the gorees walking about with 3 inches of make up, u dnt see prettiness, u just see artificiality, but wen u see a girl in gurujis roop, u do see true beauty.

and plus i was **trying** to cheer up some of the keski wearing ladies who arent 100percent confident. thanks for ruining it lol (joking)

when u see all the gorees walking about with 3 inches of make up, u dnt see prettiness, u just see artificiality, but wen u see a girl in gurujis roop, u do see true beauty.

yeh.. i'm with you - u see TRUE beauty in keski-wearing ppl , not prettiness as in make-uppy rubbish :)

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

er khalsa soulja...i do wear a keski.....and i'm nt rele that confident either..but how can u b in this day an age.?

I hear what you are saying and I agree that its not always easy...

One thing that helps is that you are what God has made you and you are in the roop that Guru Ji wanted us to have... If this means that you look different from whats expected in this day and age or whatever, then the way I see it is allow what people think because at the end of the day, its how you look in Guru Ji's eyes that really matters, not what the world thinks... But I have to stress its not easy at all...

wot u guys gtta remember is, yeh u might feel out of place now, but sikhs are always meant to stand out the crowd, when mughals invaded india the hindus would hide away and no one could tell what they were but sikhs looked totally different and in banda singh bahadurs time u got money if u brought back a sikhs head......

nyway imagine if u had cut hair n ur average hairstyle (eg just ur average quiff) n go back 20 yrs......everyone would laugh at u cuz u had some weird hairstyle lol.....n if u had some massive afro now u wudnt look right......in 20 yrs time everyone will look totally differnet......so ironically u wont really b able to blend in.....whilst everyone else is constantly changing to keep up with the latest hairstyle, gurus sikh remains exactly the same thru the times........a dumalla wearing singh in chola looks exactly the same as a singh in gurujis time......and a singhnee with a keski and kurta looks exactly the same as back then.....and in 200 yrs time it will b the same aswell.......guruji was clever enough to give us an eternal uniform we shud b proud of it.

i used 2 feel a bit conscious about my phug/patka, but trust me once u have the confidence, ther will b no difference, trust me when ppl see a confident person they can TELL if u r confident r not

i wear a massive dastar most of the time w/all the works but to gurudwara i always wear a smaller keski....guess it's because i get more stares from people @guru ghar than i do from the goray folks-pretty sad aint it.....i'm one of 'em ppl that thnx that every singhnee shud wear a proper dastar

i used to get a bit of a headache when i tied my hair up (b4 i knotted it) in cloth like nihungs do.......bt if u wear it a few times it goes......

yea, i saw someone (dont wanna mention name) do this, y do ppl do dat?

yea, i saw someone (dont wanna mention name) do this, y do ppl do dat?

u mean with the cloth? well it gives alot more grip between hte hair and jurra and keeps a MUCH more secure dastaar, usually when you are doing sports, since the cloth will grip the keski better so its less likely to move about......plus if youve got v long hair like me, the best way to do it in a jurra is quite a flat one (even then my phugs pretty big lol) and when its flat its a bit loose....so if u put cloth round its sorta tighter....

if u wanna try it get some cloth that is as long as your hair when infront of you, and as wide so that it can wrap all the way round, then twist it in as you twist ur hair.