Sikhs Jailed After Leicester Muslim Grooming

HSD1

Sikh and Muslim community leaders praised as six Leicester men are jailed for "paranoid" campaign of hatred
9451476-large.jpg

sikhsix

A judge praised police and community leaders as he jailed six men for a total of 19 years over a “paranoid” hate campaign.

Judge Nicholas Dean spoke out after the defendants, all but one of whom are Sikh, pleaded guilty to a series of offences including inciting racial hatred, attacking two men in a car and shooting another victim.

He commended the calming influence of leaders of the Muslim and Sikh communities during a time of tension.

The judge also praised the police for their hard work and sensitive handling of the case.

He said: “I would like to commend particularly the hard work and dedication of the investigating officer Det Constable Beverley Toon in this case.”

Parwinder Baning (21), of Kitchener Road, Crown Hills, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit assault, actual bodily harm, possessing an imitation firearm, possessing a bladed article and importing an illegal haul of weapons. He was jailed for seven and a half years.

Mehul Lodhia (24), of Lindsay Road, Rowley Fields, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit assault and importing illegal knuckle-dusters. He was jailed for three years.

Damanpreet Singh (19), of Collingham Road, off Narborough Road, Rowley Fields, pleaded guilty to affray, inciting racial hatred and conspiracy to commit assault and actual bodily harm. He was jailed for four years.

Harjinder Athwal (24), of Netherhall Road, Thurnby Lodge, pleaded guilty to inciting racial hatred, conspiracy to commit assault and actual bodily harm. He was jailed for two and a half years.

Amanpreet Singh (25), also of Collingham Road, pleaded guilty to affray. He was jailed for two years.

Satinderbir Singh (20), of Woodborough Road, Crown Hills, pleaded guilty to inciting racial hatred. He was jailed for 15 months.

Leicester Crown Court heard how a car containing two Muslim men was attacked by a group wielding hockey sticks, chains and other weapons in June 2013.

The two men escaped injury in the incident, in East Park Road, Evington.

A few weeks later, a Facebook thread was set up by one of the defendants peddling vehemently anti-Muslim comments.

A website account was also set up expressly to lure unsuspecting Muslim men to contact a ficticious15-year-old Sikh girl. Two men were tricked into making contact. One of them, a “vulnerable” man, who was a Sikh, was conned into sending the ‘girl’ an indecent picture of himself.

The image was sent to his employers to humiliate him.

Another man was lured to a rendezvous with the ‘girl’ where he was attacked with weapons, and shot with a BB gun by Parwinder Baning.

Judge Nicholas Dean said: “These offences took place against a backdrop of tension in 2013 following the revenge attack by Sikh men on a Muslim restaurant after the grooming of a Sikh girl by a group of Muslim men.”

He said the affray in East Park Road was sparked, in broad daylight, by brothers Amanpreet and Damanpreet Singh, who swore at the Muslim occupants of the car and then led a group of men in the attack.

The judge said that in August 2013, Satinderbir Singh set up the Facebook thread filled with anti-Muslim comments which were “vicious and perverse and absurd”.

He said: “They played on myth, exaggerations and paranoia.”

Four of the other defendants posted messages on the thread.

The judge said all of the defendants received time off their sentences by pleading guilty.

After the case, Suleman Nagdi, public relations officer for the Federation of Muslim Organisations, said: “It is absolutely imperative that faith leaders from all sides create a calm and cohesive society.

“The incident was a rare one - it was one that does not normally happen in Leicester and we hope it will never happen gain.

“It’s important that leaders of both sides are calm and understanding and show friendship towards each other. It is the way forward for the whole nation.”

Resham Singh Sandhu, chairman of the Sikh Welfare and Cultural Society and vice-president of Leicestershire Faith Forum, said that shortly after the incident the faith leaders from both communities met with the police to help calm the situation.

He added that faith leaders work very hard to maintain good relationships between different religious groups in Leicester.

“Relationships have been very very good for years, but sometimes elements disturb this cohesion.

“These issues are not always locally based, they are from the outside world, we try to control it as much as possible.”

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-men-jailed-joining-paranoid-campaign/story-25986571-detail/story.html

I don't have much knowledge about whats going on there but i don't think trying to resolve an issue in isiolation in this case, without any support from sikh community or any sikh organization- sikhi helpline can help their cause they acted in haste trying to get -entrapped lone wolf pedo on fake premises (read the case bro fully) for what in return? 3,4,6, 7 years in prison? was it worth it? They are behind bars, got their criminal record for plus ten years before they can be pardon for any employment, their families are torn.. why this haste decision from young lads..was it worth it?

Had they worked with sikh community- sikhi help line? or worked through collectively panj pyares guidance- united - sikh organization collected sikh voice..results would have been much better..as far i understood the situation there are organized pedo muslim gangs there? why go after lone pedo- small flish who get trapped in honey net, when you can dismantle/destroy big shark organized pedo muslim gang with collective response from community.

These are obvious reactions ...and this is bound to happen ..agree with you bro..N30 bhaa ji ..we have no hatred for anyone however these brothers are targeting people who are into grooming ..so somewhere they are fighting for justice

Mate. I don't think you've got a clue about what is going on in England.

The people who are supposed to be upholding the law - the politicians and police - seem pretty lax about it when it comes to things outside their own interests.

Have you not noticed the illegal wars and covering up of pedophilia and grooming? Some of which emanates from the very top echelons of the power/government here!

N30, some of us here love you to bits for your unparalleled, brave, open minded/hearted hosting of a forum. But brother seriously - can't you see how deep the corruption runs in some of our very own governments?

Get a bit more streetwise brother.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The only way you UK Sikhs can settle these issues with the Pakistani Sullahs is by countering them, and beating the living crap out of them. The Police isn't going to give a crap. They give short sentences to Muslims for rape, child molestation, sexual assault, etc. And ridiculously long sentences to others. We need to rise and crush them. How can you call yourselves Khalsa if you can't live act or live like one?

I hope the families of our brothers are fine and do not need any help..i wish could something for all of these brothers..i am proud of them .Waheguru Ang Sang Sahaai

No one's agreeing with breaking the law here.

But when the establishment starts crying tears over muslim girls going to Syria and offering rehabilitation and lenient prison sentences to muslim men (who have killed and raped for ISIS in Syria/Iraq before missing fast food and not liking American/Persian firepower and decided to come home) - I have to ask why things like these Sikhs have done are punished harder. Some of the above have longer sentences than the paedos!

I dont know how Gurdwaras in Leicester are run, but why do we always have to find the Panj Pyare? Surely they should lead and not hole themselves away from the Sikh masses?

I think a lot of people have forgotten details of this case. A Midland Sikh community told not to rock the boat even though the explosion of Mulism fundamentalists setting up shop in their town was leading to massive tension in the schools and streets. Kaljug SIngh and I both talked about how HUT types down south were leaving due not being able to afford to live here and wherever they ended up North would lead to a massive increase in grief for any Sikhs who live there. Luton and Leicester had some of the biggest house price falls in 2009 and large housing stock at the time of the benefit cuts. Look how horrendous the grooming situation is there now.

A girl who's family problems were exploited by devious men who made things worse. A social service and police force who reinforced the abuse and humilated the family and community. A last cry of help from the family desperate to stop their girl being sucked into a pernicious and barbaric alien community. The communities reaction to stop being used as human shield by the establishment to protect their core communities from the extremists.

The trial where the fewest who could be prosecuted where held to account. On the verge of a massive case and another example of Islamic Lawfare the girl pre-empted it all by living truthfully and not holding back. Accounts of her being driven into a Gurdwara car park and made to have sex along with exposing just how many outstanding pillars of the local muslim community where happy to pay to have sex with a 16 year old SIkh girl were enough to get the few on trial to admit their guilt before their whole community ended up on trial.

After all that it was somehow still our fault. Where as poor muslims and whites never seem to be blamed for their actions, we are blamed when someone else does it to us. If young muslim men cant be to blame for beheading civlians how on earth are these men guilty for what they did? Exactly how many more underage Sikh girls and boys must be sacrificed at the altar of 'community cohesion' before we say enough is enough?

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.

• 11 months later...
Guest guest
On 16/02/2015 at 4:44 AM, jaikaara said:

I have sympathy for these brothers ...yes sometimes things get out of hand ..but atleast they stood up ..

Yes and if public knew the real story they would see its the Muslims at wrong! ! Trying to groom girls 

7 hours ago, samurai said:

As this topic is quiet sensitive, especially for uk sikhs, i was contemplating whether or not to reply to this thread. But i feel the need to as in another thread i have given a bravado speech which may arouse some sikhs, more so the youth. I stick by what i said before and still say pappu sikhs need to man up, like really need to grow a pair..

Here's the big but....Though this grooming shit is real and spreading like a disease there are many cases where girls are f**kin with paki boys and when girls parents find out they play the grooming card..and blackmail card..watch out for these tricks..

so just a heads up for anyone with josh wanting to take seva of fighting this thing, as in my experience, the biggest culprits in this game is our own sikh community. So just use your head and not end up like these leicester boys who got sent down and when they come out cannot get a job because of their criminal record.. F**k the sikh community even the girls family who you protected aint gonna help you.. i know many singhs who got sent down for helping out and no one gave a sh1t ...

hosh before josh...Be wise people...rabb rakha

giving speech arousing Sikhs ! Habbibi... :) ..besides writing speeches anything else ?

by the way you shouldnt give 'arousing' speeches..that will cause another sex scandal if someone is really 'aroused'

Inciting is fine  :)

On 2/14/2015 at 11:13 PM, Guest said:

I don't have much knowledge about whats going on there but i don't think trying to resolve an issue in isiolation in this case, without any support from sikh community or any sikh organization- sikhi helpline can help their cause they acted in haste trying to get -entrapped lone wolf pedo on fake premises (read the case bro fully) for what in return? 3,4,6, 7 years in prison? was it worth it? They are behind bars, got their criminal record for plus ten years before they can be pardon for any employment, their families are torn.. why this haste decision from young lads..was it worth it?

Had they worked with sikh community- sikhi help line? or worked through collectively panj pyares guidance- united - sikh organization collected sikh voice..results would have been much better..as far i understood the situation there are organized pedo muslim gangs there? why go after lone pedo- small flish who get trapped in honey net, when you can dismantle/destroy big shark organized pedo muslim gang with collective response from community.

Sensible, responsible and rational post above.

Good one brother.

Bhul chuk maaf

12 hours ago, jaikaara said:

giving speech arousing Sikhs ! Habbibi... :) ..besides writing speeches anything else ?

yeh i have previously been directly involved in this, which is why i said what i did.. its not something i've read but situations i've been involved in. So im saying first hand there are many scenarios that these girls first get themselves involved in, then repent when they find out ali is messing about with other girls too..yes they do then get blackmailed as pics/vids were made of her having sex.sometimes with multiple sulleh as she had her drink spiked  (she is not aware of this at all until pics are shown to her)..

These leicester boys are banged up for years...who cares for them? who visits them? who supports them? who supports their families? who listens to their parents grief? wheres the shoulder to lean on? all for what??

In regards to this case above the girl fist started chatting to the pakis and asked for money herself in return she performed sexual acts (this was at school)..little did she know she was getting herself in a vicious cycle and ultimately got exploited when her school mate abdul introduced her to his older cousins....first the elders gave her money then slowly started getting her pissed and on drugs and what a piss take to bang her in the gurdwara car park..besti!!

The singhs actions were stupid, they could have caused more damage to the suleh and got away with it too if they had been more organised..i still respect them but angry that they were not organised (at least they had the balls to do something, so fair play)..

these sulleh gangs are organised where as sikhs are not organised and have no unity..

12 hours ago, jaikaara said:

by the way you shouldnt give 'arousing' speeches..that will cause another sex scandal if someone is really 'aroused'

Inciting is fine  :)

ohh baba get your mind out the gutter...lol arouse means to awaken, not just sexual...

10 hours ago, samurai said:

yeh i have previously been directly involved in this, which is why i said what i did.. its not something i've read but situations i've been involved in. So im saying first hand there are many scenarios that these girls first get themselves involved in, then repent when they find out ali is messing about with other girls too..yes they do then get blackmailed as pics/vids were made of her having sex.sometimes with multiple sulleh as she had her drink spiked  (she is not aware of this at all until pics are shown to her)..

These leicester boys are banged up for years...who cares for them? who visits them? who supports them? who supports their families? who listens to their parents grief? wheres the shoulder to lean on? all for what??

In regards to this case above the girl fist started chatting to the pakis and asked for money herself in return she performed sexual acts (this was at school)..little did she know she was getting herself in a vicious cycle and ultimately got exploited when her school mate abdul introduced her to his older cousins....first the elders gave her money then slowly started getting her pissed and on drugs and what a piss take to bang her in the gurdwara car park..besti!!

The singhs actions were stupid, they could have caused more damage to the suleh and got away with it too if they had been more organised..i still respect them but angry that they were not organised (at least they had the balls to do something, so fair play)..

these sulleh gangs are organised where as sikhs are not organised and have no unity..

ohh baba get your mind out the gutter...lol arouse means to awaken, not just sexual...

I admire your fervor ..if you are actually doing something it is really good.The best sewa since very few get into this and the way the community looks down on such activism i have respect for such people. If you need anything from India let us know.

On 3/15/2016 at 4:39 AM, jaikaara said:

If you need anything from India let us know.

veereh i suppose what you can do from india (or anywhere in world) is to promote organisations like sikh awareness society via social media (join facebook page etc) as bhai mohan singh is doing a great job and taking the right approach of tackling this situation. 

https://www.facebook.com/SikhAwarenessSocietySAS

14 hours ago, samurai said:

veereh i suppose what you can do from india (or anywhere in world) is to promote organisations like sikh awareness society via social media (join facebook page etc) as bhai mohan singh is doing a great job and taking the right approach of tackling this situation. 

https://www.facebook.com/SikhAwarenessSocietySAS

Haan ji , we have some people in India who did similar things and rescue girls. In fact all of these if they come together it would be a strong global network.