couple of dasam granth Q's from open minded skeptic

I am not an expert on Nihang Niddar Singh's opinions, but at least have the guts to go and ask him yourself to give him a chance to clarify the "gossip" you people are spreading and passing judgement on, instead of hiding like cowards behind internet names and wishing death on people.

I have heard it frm him in person. he told me that SIkhs used to take small amounts of alcohol to steady themselves for battle. It is never to be abused tho, no-one can take it to get drunk.

on the subject of sex b4 maariage there was a problem at a camp run by Nihang Niddar Singh in london about this about 2 years ago. it was going round on the net about how some singhs were using inappropiate behaviour towwards some of the female sewadaars. dont know what to make of it really.

Chatanga, I think the examples of alchohol use before war are derived from "some" late 18th c historical sources refering to occassional alchohol use amongst "some" fighting Sikhs, rather than Nihang Singh playing the RSS agent.

I know for a fact that current Sikh regiments in the Indian Army are still expected to take "Dutch courage" as part of the Army culture, with this behaviour originally being rooted in War situations.

I am not saying that this was common or right, but I do believe it happened, as did hunting, consumption of meat and use of bhang, amongst some, if not the majority.

Re the sex before marriage subject, you are again going by hearsay of the behaviour of "some" Singhs. If some Singhs were behaving inappropriately towards "female sevadaars" in any camp run by anyone, anywhere, I doubt very much, even in this modern day and age, they would get away with it. Rather than "brave" saviours spreading the news on the net, they should have confronted the said Singhs in person, and tackled the problem at it's root (if it ever happened).

With all this, you also need to bare in mind there have been and are many idiots that have spread stupid allegations because their narrow bubble of Sikhi had been burst i.e. Nihang Singh sharpens his canine teeth and gets real time regular fighting practice on drunk thugs at nightclubs, even though Nihang Singh has never been to a nightclub in is life (although his canines are pretty sharp - just jesting).

Everyone is entitled to opinions, it seriously annoys me when people start hate campaigns against anyone without proof and whilst in hiding.

One thing I do know is that Nihang Singh is happy to have a respectful debate/conversation with anyone on any subject, and even though I may not agree with everything he believes, he does back up his points with evidence most of the time.

Those that are interested in defaming him or anyone else, should go and meet him/them, and then let themselves be known and feedback on the outcome of the conversation publically if they wish to so that all relevent parties have a fair chance to give a response on a conversation that actually happened.

Also it's not fair to judge someone by the actions of their associates, he may have some unsavoury students etc, but I also know people who were associated with some of the great Gursikhs of this century who are a disgrace, but I don't judge these past Babai on the behaviour of their modern day representatives.

Here is an example of a better way to commnuicate and find out the views of someone you may disagree with:

http://www.amritworld.com/english/amrit/niddarsingh.html

dont get me wrong shaheediyan ,i jus tellin you what he told me. i personally dont agree wiv alcohol using. its casued a lot of problems insikh commmunity.

re the camp thing, i have not heard anything in person, jus what was going round on the net at the time. why is why i havent brought it up really until now. But Nihang Niddar Singh is always open to question, and never refused me time, even tho i was interrupting his akhara.

Your last para is absoluleyt spot on.