Namdhari gone wild

Nanakidarkangel

In addition to what Shaheediyan wrote, it is a hukam from Panj Pyare and found in Rehat given by Taksal, Buddha Dal etc.

There are also guidelines on how to behave in Guru Ji's darbar. Don't do anything you wouldn't do if you could see Guru Sahib sat in front of you in physical form.

Listen to the shabad being read while the baba goes crazy,, its seems totally perfectly in place to me !!

Meh Bhaoreee.... :)

Also wasnt there a cool group of sikhs from down hazoor sahib ends who would dance while reciting bani etc.

Plus Guru Maharaj describes shakti as dancing..

I believe the negative attitude towards dance is from the courts of mughals where women danced for the pleasure of men abit like spearmint rhinos

I think this video is interesting,

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pcG-u3L1nGY

after 5 minutes its turns into a full blown disco, lol feel free to leave comments, although I think the supporters of this video have stopped their arguing for now, perhaps they are plotting to reply with something new :)

from one of the people, all i can hear is HOO-hoo-HOO-hoo

and at 7:09 u will hear a brruuaah

at 7:58 comes a jungle monkey

this is power of naam dhrirta :?

and some other vids don't even sound like simran, it sounds like beating someone up while saying waheguru!!!

londondajatt is this what you call your brothers? You make me sick, calling singhs of guru gobind singh ji animals, is this how you get your kicks insulting people trying to practice their sikhi, so what if you don't agree with them.

There were many Akhand Pathh and Kirtan Samagams held at Chak No. 361 and at times Baptizing ceremonies too. The rare spiritual events that transpired then defy description. The Nam-practitioners Singhs of the village used to meditate in a single group. Such was the music generated that entire village would appear in trance.

There was one Ganga Singh who delved in jest. Driven by his habit, he stood outside the door of meditation place. He found scores of people engaged in Nam-Simran in a loud voice with rosaries of steel in their hands. In aping them he made a rosary of thin string by typing little knots and started counting beads of improvised rosary while loudly reciting Nam. Just within fifteen minutes of his aping activity he fell flat on ground. He shrieked loudly and cried for help. Many people gathered around. On enquiry about his affliction, he pleaded, “Get me the sinner, pardoned by these Singhs”. He kept rolling in pain and making pleas for mercy. After meditation the Singh came out and lifted up Ganga Singh suffering in agony and hitting his head on ground. Ganga Singh in penance asked for forgiveness for his unpardonable sin and got himself baptized. He thus became a great devotee of Sikh Faith. He tearfully narrated this self-experience to me. This movement of getting baptized spread to many surrounding villages and many joined in to enjoy devotion and Bliss of Nam.

londondajatt is this what you call your brothers? You make me sick, calling singhs of guru gobind singh ji animals, is this how you get your kicks insulting people trying to practice their sikhi, so what if you don't agree with them.

Not at all, I am actually saying what I heard. And it makes them sound like some of the guys in there are just making fun. I have not mentioned any "Singhs of Guru Gobind Singh", I have just mentioned people. I do not know which one is warrior Singh of Guru Gobind Singh and which one isn't.

Do people get kicks from making animal noises? I think it is ok to call Singhs of Guru Gobind Singh animals as long as the animal is a lion :)

Also I think lion or tiger noise is ok for battle, and is intimidating. But monkey and other noises, hmm, that is something else. Please tell me this significance of these noises, especially for kirtan and not on the battlefield?

Is the person who notices the deed more significant, or the person who does the deed?

And why do kirtanees let people who make noises sit with them?

"people trying to practice their sikhi"

Yes quite, "their" sikhi :) I try not to practise my "own" sikhi, Their would be no point if I practised my own, I want to learn and gain knowledge.

Should I also keep quiet if people are practising "their" sikhi in the commitees taking money for personal use, or perhaps something else?

Ok, just to clarify, I am specifically talking about people in this video about the noises. I have found a video where there was even normal and calm simran done by some AKJ singhs, and also they seemed like older singhs.

But, taking the mick is taking the mick. And my personal opinion, some of the guys sitting in the back are taking the mick, it doesn't seem like mastana to me, I could be wrong. I mean, joking aside, if I was influenced by these people, maybe I also do movements and noises. Following/copying what fellow sangat/crowd does, doesn't always make it right or wrong.

If I honestly have called TRUE singhs of Guru Gobind Singh as types of "animals" that are not befitting to them, or the movements or noises are in fact divine and spiritual, then Bul Chuk Maaf Karna, otherwise, I stand by what I said, or rather heard from the video(s) ...

ok thanx

and I will try to mention the jatha less if possible, just some of the threads on here today are leading there.

also if my "brother" made such noises, maybe I would slap him, I am not sure. My parents would definetly give me a good ticking if I made such noises :)

This reminds me of a time some Singhs were driving me back from a talk. Should I call them Singhs, they are Singhs to me, so I dunno. They were behaving like monkeys, like punching each other, was just weird, and they aren't even people who drink. Maybe they were younger than me so I didn;t understand their behaviour? I do not know if the parents had taught them to behave properly, I actually question some of the parenting of some of the Singh youths I see from the ghettos. Unfortunately, I do not know if they belong to any organisation or not. One time, when one of them was doing bashing of, I think it was some sect, I can remember, pperhaps naamdharis or radhasoamis. I asked him if we should believe in sects, or was it sikhs, that reject bani from Guru Granth Sahib. He said no we shouldn't. So, I am confused. But then maybe they look weird at me when I ask questions like that, maybe they don't. Hopefully its obvious to them why I ask such questions, I hope they are intelligent enough to figure out why I ask.

.. ok this is off topic now, i am just talking now lol