Question About 2 Websites

das

Does anybody have any ideas regarding the following websites:

http://www.satnaam.info/index.php?option=c...aram=1239727527

http://www.sarbloh.info

I remember something back on this forum that http://www.sarbloh.info is against Sikhism.....I do NOT remember when and where.

The articles on http://www.satnaam.info are interesting........if somebody has any information on these websites or the person(s) running this website, then I'll really appreciate. Thanks!

Satnaam.info is the official site of the cult led by Narinder Grewal, the site is maintained by his chela - Harjit Lakhan. Just search for Grewal's name here, there was a lot said about him some years ago. They've dressed up the site and removed controversial material but it's all a trap.

Sarbloh has too many blatant lies to be taken seriously, some of them quite offensive to certain goups. Most of it is very poor 'research' but a few bits are ok.

When i was rookie in sikhi, I grew up in sikhi reading harjit singh lakhan poems on his website. I cannot beleive how he became of chela of this individual who insulted sri guru granth sahib ji maharaj very bluntly in Toronto. As a result, he ran away, shaved his head. Please invite harjit lakhan here. There are many ex- narinder students who can open his eyes for him.

I also like to state the reason why general sikhs public are going to hostile so called sikh cults like- radhaswamis, nirankaris because to see spiritual side of sikhi which to be honest our gurudwara committee failed to provide. For eg- have you ever been to buddhist temple? Amount of shanti that resides there because of people meditating is unbeleiveable and resonance of their mantar resonates the building. I have yet to experience such resonance in Gurdwara...only thing close to that, is pooranmachi at nanaksar. Thats about it. This is unfortunate because tat gyan in sikhi is much deeper than whats being shared in gurdwara sahib abroad to regular joe blow singhs like us. As a result, sikhs go somewhere else to quench their thirst. Massive adhyatamic parchar along with slowly soothing simran chanting has to be done in gurdwara's to avoid suitaion like this happening again.

Ram Raheem changed the surname of his followers to insaan (human being) which ofcourse made a lot of sikhs angry. The interesting point however is that he is right in what he did. Sikhs of today are so messed up in caste pride that he did the same as Guru Gobind Singh by trying to remove peoples caste-sur name.... It says more about us as a community than it does about him.

ps. i dont approve of him in any way.

I see namdharis/nirankaris as regional/familial outgrowths

meaning they are based in certain strongholds where these movements began

and 'flourished' and stayed relatively unchallenged and free to fester,

again as with namdharis and nirankaris--no Sikh except one from one of their regional strongholds

(Agra, Beas etc) would follow them, and the ones who do are few in number.

If you drive past one of their satsangs you might see a few turbans, but that's about it,

Seriously, would it kill you to ask a question instead of making up your own stupid claims? How naive can you seriously be to believe in what you wrote above? Namdharis were 'unchallenged' and left 'free to fester'? Are you blind or something? The Namdharis' Guru had to be sent to exile, an entire parralel Sikhism had to be created (i.e. Singh Sabha Lahore) to fight against the attempts of its propagation (i.e. Singh Sabha Amritsar's endorsement of Namdhari ideology: Anti-British/Guru Ram Singh as 12th Guru of Sikhs). Go on youtube or any Sikh forum website or a so-called 'Gurdwara' and all they do is Namdhari-bashing. The rest of your statements are so full of arrogance and ignorance they don't even deserve a response. Seriously, if you don't know something, there's no point in showing off ignorance. Unless it's your way to 'feel better' about your religion. In which case, you need to reevaluate your religion because obviously you have no pride in it.

valli Singh,

It is so obvious, based on the question that you asked me, that you really have absolutely NO CLUE about Namdharis other than what you 'heard' from other Namdhari-bashers. As such I am not going to waste my time countering your baseless claims. My only request is to at least have an ounce of fairness and not start judging people blindly. These kind of deeds are what the Mughals did.

To answer your question: NO, Namdharis do not perform such kind of meditation. I would be curious to know who gave you this misleading information.

If you have more questions, ask and have the ability to accept and understand a different point of view. Otherwise keep quiet, it won't make you less smart, quite the opposite.

A Sikh attended a Namdhari gurdwara told me that they meditate in this way,

so thank you for clearing up that misconception, obviously he was wrong.

He's obviously confused Namdharis with some other group probably. It is quite funny there's actually a video of some Sardar-looking pedophile on youtube that's labeled as that of a Namdhari even though the guy's pagh is the patiala style and not to mention the comments left by dozens of people correcting the imbacile who posted the video. I find it disturbing how people can be so misguided and relay such false information to others. That's the punjabi version of justice I suppose: "Guilty until proven innocent. And even if proven innocent, I don't really believe you because my Chacha said you're evil!" lol

there is only for-or-against polarized diatribes which either blindly support or blindly hate the movement.

there really is no scholarship on the middle ground and if there is it is not a readily accessible viewpoint

nor is it readily available to the masses.

Read the 'blindly support' books that are recommended by person from that movement and see for yourself. If you want to learn then ou have to take the time and read. Nobody is without bias. There have been middle ground scholarly work done, but even those works are usually not flawless. Punjab Dia Lehra by Shamsher Singh Ashok is one such book that can be recommended in the sense that it summariezs the movements quite well. From a website point of view, www.sikh-heritage.co.uk does a pretty decent job of preaching the virtues without insulting or being judgemental about Sikh movements. Unfortunately the masses don't like this because it doesn't fill them with hate and anger unlike the propaganda material based largely on Indian dramas (all point of views and no facts!).

• 8 years later...
On 4/14/2009 at 11:29 PM, Matheen said:

Satnaam.info is the official site of the cult led by Narinder Grewal, the site is maintained by his chela - Harjit Lakhan. Just search for Grewal's name here, there was a lot said about him some years ago. They've dressed up the site and removed controversial material but it's all a trap.

Sarbloh has too many blatant lies to be taken seriously, some of them quite offensive to certain goups. Most of it is very poor 'research' but a few bits are ok.

On 4/14/2009 at 11:44 PM, SAadmin said:

When i was rookie in sikhi, I grew up in sikhi reading harjit singh lakhan poems on his website. I cannot beleive how he became of chela of this individual who insulted sri guru granth sahib ji maharaj very bluntly in Toronto. As a result, he ran away, shaved his head. Please invite harjit lakhan here. There are many ex- narinder students who can open his eyes for him.

I also like to state the reason why general sikhs public are going to hostile so called sikh cults like- radhaswamis, nirankaris because to see spiritual side of sikhi which to be honest our gurudwara committee failed to provide. For eg- have you ever been to buddhist temple? Amount of shanti that resides there because of people meditating is unbeleiveable and resonance of their mantar resonates the building. I have yet to experience such resonance in Gurdwara...only thing close to that, is pooranmachi at nanaksar. Thats about it. This is unfortunate because tat gyan in sikhi is much deeper than whats being shared in gurdwara sahib abroad to regular joe blow singhs like us. As a result, sikhs go somewhere else to quench their thirst. Massive adhyatamic parchar along with slowly soothing simran chanting has to be done in gurdwara's to avoid suitaion like this happening again.

I need some more info on satnaam cult and if u know their previous students who I can contact. It's really urgent plz it will be great if u can help in any way because there is someone who's in their sangat and being brainwashed but somehow she understood things. But needs to clear few things about how to get back from them and if they do something wrong or bad o the person who doesn't want to be a part of their cult anymore 

On 14/04/2009 at 6:59 PM, Matheen said:

Is he the one who claims to be receiving darshans of shiva  and ram chander ji?