Difference Between Baikhunt And Sachkhand?

Hello,

I need to find out if there is any difference baikhunt and sachkhand? I understand i may not get a clear cut answer is because gurbani supports meta reality. Lets start with what is baikhunt in context of Gurmat? I understand based on old traditional orders of hinduism an baikhunt is considered an adobe of bhrama where upasakhs of bhrama do simran/bhajans there. But when gurbani talks about baikhunt? what is it referring too in context of shabad? same as sachkhand? or some sort of place where all doing simran? is it naam simran on nirgun or sargun?

My searching skills on gurbani sites is really bad, can someone please post gurbani shabads talking about baikhunt? so deep vichar can be done on this?

Much thanks in advance.

Hello,

I need to find out if there is any difference baikhunt and sachkhand? I understand i may not get a clear cut answer is because gurbani supports meta reality. Lets start with what is baikhunt in context of Gurmat? I understand based on old traditional orders of hinduism an baikhunt is considered an adobe of bhrama where upasakhs of bhrama do simran/bhajans there. But when gurbani talks about baikhunt? what is it referring too in context of shabad? same as sachkhand? or some sort of place where all doing simran? is it naam simran on nirgun or sargun?

My searching skills on gurbani sites is really bad, can someone please post gurbani shabads talking about baikhunt? so deep vichar can be done on this?

Much thanks in advance.

i was under the impression that Baikunt was the Heavenly Abode of Indra. Am I mistaken?

i was under the impression that Baikunt was the Heavenly Abode of Indra. Am I mistaken?

You're both mistaken, Vaikunth is the realm of Vishnu.

In vaishnav literature it is the highest abode for types of moksh like sameep, etc. Since Sri Guru Granth Sahib's language for saguna braham is generally vaishnav (most of the names for saguna Braham are vaishnav - hari, ram, bhagvan, narayan, etc), the nau prakaar practices originate in vaishnav traditions, many of the puranic narratives are vaishnav - ajamil, ganika, raja janak, etc, since even the word Bhagvan links to mahavishnu, since the bhagats in Sri Guru Granth Sahib are generally arising out of the ramanandi vaishnav tradition (bhagat namdev, ramanand, parmanand, bhagat dhanaa, bhagat ravidas), then its not too surprising that vaikunth would be the word used to refer to the realm of Bhagvan/Parmeshvar. One shabad of Bhai Gurdas distinguishes between the realms of the 'devtas' and the 'baikunth' of 'bhagvaan'. In Bhagat Namdev's bani you find reference to ajamil going to 'vaikunth' - a narrative in which the messangers of Vishnu intervene after he called out for his son 'narayan'. He also refers to Bhagvan 'with chakra' in 'Baikunth', again linking it to Mahavishnu. There are also references in Gurbani to the realms of the devtas (indralok, brahmalok, etc) as being part of Maya, afflicted by the three gunas.

Whether you think this is mahavishnu or simply 'saguna braham' is up to you. I've seen a couple of texts by sants referring to sachkhand/vaikunth as the realm of mahavishnu, and others which don't.

A small request, BHram means false cognition or error. Braham, or brahmaa does not have an 'h' after the B.

Vaikunth is Vishnus Heaven where a preservatory shakti governs the material creation reclining among the coils of the great snake. According to indian mythology, Vaikunth is located ontop a cosmic mountain called Meru. Flowing through it is the river Ganga, whose source is often said to be the lotus feet of Vishnu. He is frequently referred to as Narayan, the ever present and all-prevading spirit.

According to Vaishnavism, Vishnu and his abode is the sole reality. one without second percieved as brahman the Absolute in a form that may be approached or related to by jivas. he is the means to liberation and the goal to be attained. yet, the soul, after living many aeons of pleasure, still has to descend to the material world to attain Final Liberation.

Vaikunth has also been used synonomously for Sach Khand by many Sants.

As Vaikunth is subject to dissolution, Sach khand is not.

Sach khand is the truly eternal or imperishable, all embracing realm reached by the soul on its ascent, free frm change, the ultimate abode of absolute bliss, beyond the dissolution and grand dissolution. sach Khand is the final destination of the soul which is beyond brahm. this realm is beyond maya and beyond all the heaven-worlds such as shiv puri, inder puri and vaikunth.

many Sainst have indicated that the brahm described in the upanishads and in yoga and vedant is below the highest level they have known. namdev says that he has experienced the ultimate goal of yoga-knowledge of brahm- and he has also gone beyond that:

I have churned the six schools of philosophy,

and extracted their essence

I have learnt the utimate goal of the yogis and ascetics

and known the joy of merging in brahm

through the grace of the saints, says nama

I have transcended all of that.

namdev, gatha 2026

• 9 years later...
Guest Robin Singh

Vaikunth is the place where shree Vishnu ji resides while sachkhand is the place where all the devotees of Waheguru meets him. In Hinduism shree krishna told arjun during mahabharat that when someone has done all his work in his life... And his spirit is all good to go.... By not taking anymore birth.... That atma just come to me (which means that supreme lord)  and stays forever with me..... Even atma has its life for how many births it should have to take on planets......  Meanwhile sachkhand is the place where atma joins the supreme lord..... In conclusion we can say that both places are kind of similar to each other.... All that I'm saying is which I learnt from books and from people. 

• 5 years later...
Guest Vaikuntha in sikhism
On 5/6/2009 at 11:03 AM, jsingh96 said:

No, vaikuntha is the supreme abode/ heaven of God in his saguna form. That saguna form i.e. Vishnu sits in vaikuntha and all people who get Moksha goes there for eternity. Even in Sikhism their is vaikuntha/ vaikuntha / sachkhand. 

15 hours ago, Guest Vaikuntha in sikhism said:

No, vaikuntha is the supreme abode/ heaven of God in his saguna form. That saguna form i.e. Vishnu sits in vaikuntha and all people who get Moksha goes there for eternity. Even in Sikhism their is vaikuntha/ vaikuntha / sachkhand. 

Only Sachakand concerns us. Brahma lok, Vishnu lok, Krishna lok etc, not the target. A

B. We don't say what you said at all. 

C. It's Sikhi. 

D. Make an account an be a pet hindu.