Dera Baba Vadbhag Singh

Interesting documentary on this very misunderstood Gursikh and the current practices at his dera:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6:

The people who go there are either attention-seeking actors, mentally ill or actually possessed. Whatever the case may be, some of them at least go away feeling cured of their affliction.

Regards,

K.

The dera 100% cures possession, whatever else anybody may think.

And they do not expect financial contributions or for you to be a chela of their for life, like most dodgy Babai unfortunate people are guided towards.

The place is a haven for the many thousands of poor folk who are victims of this most horrible condition.

I hope they stay true to their roots and do not let modernity and wealth change them.

Fateh!

I believe the best cure for this kind of malady is to take amrit, read bani and to do immense bhagti. In such a case, this possession, spiritual attack, or whatever it is, becomes a blessing in disguise and one becomes free of any reliance on intermediaries. But not everyone has that kind of desire or ability, and I imagine this dera is recognition of that fact.

Incidentally, has anyone from the UK, US or Canada ever gone there? I wonder why it is that things like black magic or spirit possession seem commonplace in India, but rarely seem to occur in Sangat in the West.

K.

Kaljug, you are on the right track. What you talk of is a prevention rather than a cure. Once possessed, the 'spirit' will not let you undertake any holy rituals.

Mahakavi Santokh Singh actually says in Suraj Prakash that the only prevention against this sort of ailment, is to make your Jap Ji Sahib 'NIT'. Those who devotedly recite Jap Ji Sahib, will be protected from possession.

But like Kaljug says, for those who are not lucky enough to be on this path, the Dera is a lifeline.

I find it strange pretty much every gurdwara parbandhak/sevadar criticize vadbhag dera yet failed to provide alternative to people who are possessed with bhoot/praits. Let just put this way to people who have issue with people going to baba vadhbag dera, have exorcism service in the gurdwara for people who are possessed and are need for urgent care. Respected Panj pyares sahiban should provide this service to people who are suffering then automatically people wouldn't go to this dera if pardhans are soo concerned. The problem is, everyone find problems/issues but no one provides solution.

Sikh Panth has responsibility to cure people(born in sikh faith) who are possessed by bhoot/prait.

There's a post by someone using the moniker ISDhillon on SikhSangat.com about his experiences at the dera here (6th post down):

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=16834&hl=

Neo Singh,

I agree with you. One needs a particular skill set to deal with such issues, and there are few Gursikhs who have that kind of knowledge. I would rather have a Sikh who is honestly afflicted with such problems visit the Baba Vadbhag Singh dera rather than some Tantrik/Baba/Pir for a cure as, from what I have been told, the patient is sent back to Sri Guru Granth Sahib afterwards and is not made to become completely dependent on any person in the dera (including Baba Vadbhag Singh, who is seen as a chela of the Gurus).

K.

There are a Vadbhag dera in Greenford Rd, Southall which is being rebuilt at the moment. I am not sure if this place has any authority from the vadbhag dera in HP.

From what some people have told me the place is run by a lady who for the last few decade used to do the usual 'pucchhan'. Someone who is from our village went to her many years ago when she hadn't amassed so many fools as her followers because she had a problem with her job. The lady told her that husbands' grandfather had been an ardent follower of a Muslim shrine in her village and because her husband's father and her husband hadn't followed continued the tradition that was why she was facing a problem at her job. The fact is that all the people from our village know that although there were a number of Muslims living there pre-1947 there had never been a Muslim shrine there. This is the kind of BS these kinds of deras dish out.

Tony,

The Baba Vadbagh Gurdwarai in UK have nothing to do with the Dera in India.

Much the same as braindead Singh Sabiya in Cananda have nothing to do with Singh Sabha.

The Gurdwarai in UK are set up by individuals and do not have power, authority or knowledge of matters dealt with in India. They may have however had some interaction with the Dera in India (most likely went there for help - got helped and set up an asthaan in Baba Jis memory). That does not qualify membership. The Dera in India in unique and seva there cannot be replicated anywhere else. The actual place i.e. the waterfall there, has shakti.

Other than that, the sevadar help you and then tell you to spend the rest of your life in service to Guru Granth Sahib, thats it.

Your comment is ill placed and irrelevant.

There's a post by someone using the moniker ISDhillon on SikhSangat.com about his experiences at the dera here (6th post down):

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=16834&hl=

Neo Singh,

I agree with you. One needs a particular skill set to deal with such issues, and there are few Gursikhs who have that kind of knowledge. I would rather have a Sikh who is honestly afflicted with such problems visit the Baba Vadbhag Singh dera rather than some Tantrik/Baba/Pir for a cure as, from what I have been told, the patient is sent back to Sri Guru Granth Sahib afterwards and is not made to become completely dependent on any person in the dera (including Baba Vadbhag Singh, who is seen as a chela of the Gurus).

K.

ISDhillon's story was just amazing.

theres one in bilston as well. I ve been there a couple of times to talk tothe guy running it,and hes a top guy. but basically my fear and this is what i told him was that the name of Baba VadhBhag Singh is now wrongly, just seen as a link to black magic etc, and that a lot of young sikhs do not have the knowledge to understand what Baba VadhBhag Singh was about. I told him you mightbe better off changing the name. " Hell no!!" he replied.

Just as most things in Dharma have fallen in standards, this place/institution is no different, in that people have taken advantage of it to make money off people's fears. Fear is a really powerful emotion. enough to make people hand over large amounts of cash to believe they are protected.

There is a Gurdwara in Coventry too, again, the guy running it is excellent. They really help many youth to sort there lives out. He told me all the usual Singh Sabiya thugs had come down to intimidate him and close the Gurdwara down, he told them very politely to learn some manners.

They have utmost respect for Baba Vadhbag Singh, but openly claim that they do not have direct connection with India Dera.

Its in Bedworth if anyone is interested, they really get Sehajdharis involved in seva and are really egalitarian, pop by if you ever pass that way.