Pyara Singh Padam's Books

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh.

has anyone here read the books "Rehitname" and Guru Gobind Singh ji di darbari rattan by pyara singh padam? would you recommend them, or are the books "The sikhs of the khalsa" and "The court of the Sikh Gurus" by louis fenech similiar to them? and how is the language in the books? is it in simple panjabi or do they contain a lot of foreign sanskrit, hindi and brij basha words as well as technical language?

Avoid Lou Fennech. I read the book on Sikh martyrdom by him. It was basically an attack on SIkhi in the guise of academia.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh.

has anyone here read the books "Rehitname" and Guru Gobind Singh ji di darbari rattan by pyara singh padam? would you recommend them, or are the books "The sikhs of the khalsa" and "The court of the Sikh Gurus" by louis fenech similiar to them? and how is the language in the books? is it in simple panjabi or do they contain a lot of foreign sanskrit, hindi and brij basha words as well as technical language?

I have read Rehatname by Piara singh padam. It has very good information.

• 4 weeks later...

He was a McLeodian chumcha. McLeod supervised his dissertation (i.e. the book).

Some people here seem to be admirers of McLeod. I'll leave them to it.

He was a McLeodian chumcha. McLeod supervised his dissertation (i.e. the book).

Some people here seem to be admirers of McLeod. I'll leave them to it.

This thread is related to Piara singh padam's books. If you are interested to discuss

others open a new thread. Please do not turn this into a private chat thread.

This thread is related to Piara singh padam's books. If you are interested to discuss

others open a new thread. Please do not turn this into a private chat thread.

Look whose talking. The man who turns every thread he jumps into, to a Kala Afghana one.

No problem Singh2. I will do what you have asked. Would be nice for you take your own advice in future. Lets leave it at that.

I found some of Fenech's work online BTW. I'm going to PM it to you as I don't want to promote him.