Is It Ok Twist Gurbani Meanings To Fight Extermal Threats?

SAadmin

"see lots of confusion in this thread. There is no need to twist Gurbani. The only thing we need to do is properly understand Gurbani. Muslims call us a sect of Islam because we never understood Gurmat properly and never did parchar properly. Hindus call us Hindus because we never translated Gurbani properly and try to rely on mythological sakhis given in Hindu granths."

Muslims call Guru Nanak (Sikhi) their own because they could see all that was beautiful in Islam in Maharaj.

Hindus call Guru Nanak (Sikhi) their own because they found the perfect answers to intricate questions created by their multi-facted faith.

Buddists called Guru Nanak Dev Ji a Lama.

None of the above makes me pull out my kirpan, too the contrary, it makes me smile.

Vaheguru is Jugaad Sach - he has guided mankind since its inception, too think otherwise is foolish. Vaheguru guided mankind through the evolutionery cycle - increasing mans understanding as per his evolving capabilities. Its clear to see divine message in even primitive faiths like Native American, Australian Aboriginal, Maori etc if one actually bothers to look - and this being without the influence of modern monopolising religions.

The way I look at it, if my Gurus never went to the depths of criticising Islam to the offensive levels we see here, then I don't need to either.

There is something to be said in the fact that our Gurus would have be well conversant in all aspects of Islamic theology/history, yet they chose not to comment on it.

End of the day we tackle issue through Gurmat or Manmat, its clear to see which way many members of this forum choose.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic