What Is The Best Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Katha To Listen To?

Xylitol

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fathe!!

Sadh Sangat ji, What is the best Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji katha to listen to? I mean besides the 600+ hour SGGS katha done by Sant Gurbachan Singh ji. I have too much trouble understanding that b/c of the recording quality.

Also, wasn't there are new katha from Sant Gurbachan Singh ji that was supposed to come out? A katha that he did for singhs at Metha?

Edited by Xylitol

As far as i know Mehta was a nihang Gurdwara given to Sant Kartar Singh through the Bidhi Chand lineage and baba santa singh. The last katha completed was the one that had been released and that was done at Sri Patna Sahib. After that Sant Mohan Singh Ji started the to do the katha of Suru GRanth Sahib Ji and Jathedar Kirpal Singh ji took over the duty of the Ithaas Katha

Had the chance to ask a student of Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji this question today - he says that the last katha was done at Mehta. They did their first ever one there as well, by coincidence. It was a large house that belonged to one of their premis and after Sant Ji left their sareer, then he donated the house to Sant Kartar Singh Ji. They then bought some of the neighboring houses and built the present Gurudwara.

Edited by Matheen

To answer this question I recommend that you also listen to a katha by SS Maskeen, where he talks about all the different teekas (commentry) on JapJi Sahib. He states that when he was young and started reading all the 20+ teekas written by various authors he was quite frustrated that all these eminnent writers have written brilliant peices of work BUT none of the arths/teekas etc match each other or even come close to each others definitions. So who is correct and who is wrong??

He goes on to say that a person writes according to his padvi, gyaan and understanding of the depth of the bani. Furthermore, as time went on he came to understand that ALL the teekas are correct even though they may even give opposing commentries!

I'd say it isn't about just listening to just one BEST katha but ALL the various kathas from different people.

All the kathas were handed to Baba Thakur Singh Ji in 2003. The other kathas from the second katha were all i could keep a hold off before they were taken from me. I do not think the other recordings will ever see the light of day.

Mehta also have 2200 tapes of the full sooraj prakash katha by Sant Kirpal Singh Ji and the full Dasam Granth Katha by Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji. I do not expect that these will ever make it to the public scene and are being locked away!

They are not being made available to Vidyarthis or the public. Sant Mohan Singh Ji and Sant Hari sIngh Ji have tried to get hold of this material but everytime their existance is denied even though myself and others have listened to them.

It the old Brahmin thing where you keep the vidya to yourself and then preach. Baba Harnam Singh has not even got access to it!

They are not being made available to Vidyarthis or the public. Sant Mohan Singh Ji and Sant Hari sIngh Ji have tried to get hold of this material but everytime their existance is denied even though myself and others have listened to them.

It the old Brahmin thing where you keep the vidya to yourself and then preach. Baba Harnam Singh has not even got access to it!

They might as well do agen bhet then.