Why The Lady Do Turban Wear

I doing see lot the girl do turban wear but not do the understand why.

I see the old painting the Mata Sahib Kaur Ji and Mata Sundri Ji but Mata Ji not do the wear turban. So if Guru Gobind Singh Ji do tell the Sikh ladys do the turban wear then Mata Ji would be doing this as well but they wear like the chunee to be do head cover. So why the girl now do turban wear and not do the example of Mata Ji in the term the cloth and how cover thems head?

So is anyone doing the know when the dastaar wearing the girl do be the popular and who do it start.

Veera, please post in a language you know - whether Punjabi, French, anything. We'll get a better understanding of what you're trying to say that way just by using an online translation.

Anyway, bibiya are free to do as they please.

Edited by Matheen

Veera, please post in a language you know - whether Punjabi, French, anything. We'll get a better understanding of what you're trying to say that way just by using an online translation.

Anyway, bibiya are free to do as they please.

Yes I knowing my english not the good but my teacher she the tell me do the write english all the timings then it be get better. So I think I try do the write the better english.

I doing the ask why the lady do turban wear when the Guru Ji not say this and Mata Ji do the wear chunee in the old painting I sawed. If Guru Ji think the lady is the best wear the dastaar then Mata Ji would wear. So why the ladies do the turban wear and when this is the start do this. Why them not do the example of Mata Ji in the wear just chunee is my others question.

Yes I knowing my english not the good but my teacher she the tell me do the write english all the timings then it be get better. So I think I try do the write the better english.

ਪੰਜਾਬੀ 'ਚ ਲਿਖ ਲਾ। ਅੰਗਰੇਜੀ ਐਨੀ ਜਰੂਰੀ ਤਾਂ ਨੀ।

Edited by laalsingh

Gogidalsingh ji your english fine ji , no prob ji , je haigi haa punjlish , oh i ji love punjlish ji , nothing wrong abt it ji....and i m serious no making fun ji...if amrikaan people speak their way , we too should have our way ji...

The bibi you see are influenced by the AKJ ...the Akhand Kirtani Jatha...they have their own maryada...there is lots of distortion ji...

ਪੰਜਾਬੀ 'ਚ ਲਿਖ ਲਾ। ਅੰਗਰੇਜੀ ਐਨੀ ਜਰੂਰੀ ਤਾਂ ਨੀ।

Yes I can do write the punjabi and knowing english not the needed but I thinkin if I do write english then it do the teach me write the better english. I know I should have gone the school more in the punjab but my dad he say go dehra doon but I not do like boarding school so do the fight one boy who do touch my dastaar and laugh then the principle do the telephone my dad and I go home punjab. Then my mum saying me stay the home no need the go school so I doing the watch chardikala and play the my animals.

The bibi you see are influenced by the AKJ ...the Akhand Kirtani Jatha...they have their own maryada...there is lots of distortion ji...

So why AJK doing this but not looking the Mata Ji do wear chunee and not the dastaar. They not be big than the Mata Ji and tell the lady what them do the wear.

The painting was the old ones like the kangra little painting ones so I think they might be the real painting and not the Sobha Singh painting in the 20 century. Can anyone this forum having this painting copy this forum please so the other peoples can see what I do write about here.

Laadli Fauj

If you doing the look the flickr you do post then there are the photo the Baba Atal Ji frecoe in it. They do the show the lady wears chunee not dastaar.

Edited by gogidalsingh

Bibiyan wearing dastaaran during Guru Jis era were limited to Jujari Bibiyan like Mai Bhago, on whom SatGuru adorned a dhumalla himself. Chakravarty Bibiyan (usually those travelling with their Husband or those who had lost their Husbands and stayed with the Dal to do seva) also adorned Nihang Singh Baana.

Otherwise, as 99% of portraits/paintings show, Bibiyan wore chuniyan.

The onset of the dastaar trend started with Bhasauria, who insisted on it being a compulsory maryada, no other part of the Panth has ever insisted on this, and in fact traditional sections like Namdhari don't practice this at all, yo don't see see it in Sant Sampryada either - inc modern jathai like GNNSJ.

The trend started by Bhai Randhir Singhs jathaa has certainly made a great impact, with the 3HO being the most famous to adopt it.

History and pratice are 2 seperate things, people should not try to justify one via the other, that Bibiyan decide to adorn dastaar is and should be, a personal choice, with no one pushing it nor anyone attacking it. Its simply an evolutionery trend.

Yes I can do write the punjabi and knowing english not the needed but I thinkin if I do write english then it do the teach me write the better english. I know I should have gone the school more in the punjab but my dad he say go dehra doon but I not do like boarding school so do the fight one boy who do touch my dastaar and laugh then the principle do the telephone my dad and I go home punjab. Then my mum saying me stay the home no need the go school so I doing the watch chardikala and play the my animals.

So why AJK doing this but not looking the Mata Ji do wear chunee and not the dastaar. They not be big than the Mata Ji and tell the lady what them do the wear.

The painting was the old ones like the kangra little painting ones so I think they might be the real painting and not the Sobha Singh painting in the 20 century. Can anyone this forum having this painting copy this forum please so the other peoples can see what I do write about here.

Laadli Fauj

If you doing the look the flickr you do post then there are the photo the Baba Atal Ji frecoe in it. They do the show the lady wears chunee not dastaar.

New years the posting in the first,

time to seeing the good eloquence paaji of the good questionings. So wonderings the what is the gogidalsinghpaljit ji wanting to know womens and the turbans about? why the sister penjis in the ones who wear the dastars being in the questionings about the choicings they maketh thus?

This is being the topic the lady turban not you do the off topics this post.

• 2 weeks later...