Nihang Lifestyle

mit

Firtly, Happy Gurupurab all and Happy new year all!

Does anybody have any information regarding the lifestyles of Nihang Singh's? What i mean is how they live, sleep, do seva. I have heard that they sleep only 2 hours and dont have hot bed like we do here.

God Bless and Light.

Mit

Does anybody have any information regarding the lifestyles of Nihang Singh's? What i mean is how they live, sleep, do seva. I have heard that they sleep only 2 hours and dont have hot bed like we do here.

Apparently this is what dasmesh pita's laadli fauj is up to these days? Meanwhile across the border the sulay warriors are.............

http://www.sikhawareness.com//index.php?showtopic=12230&pid=108651&st=0&#entry108651

There is a documentary soon to be released by N Khandola, which will help answer your questions - I have spoken to him about it and it will cover many subjects.

Also, shame you missed Nick Flemings excellent talk on the time he spent with Nihang Dals (as well as great photo exhibition) in his basic understanding, he presented a very fair view of the present day Nihang lifestyle which consists of hardcore simran, paath and seva.

Dalsingh, you speak disrepectfully about many things which you have no idea of.

I would recommend taking a 2 month Sabbatical, and going to Punjab to spend time with Nihangs in a chhawnee, you can kill 2 birds with one stone, they will teach you santhiya too.

Apparently this is what dasmesh pita's laadli fauj is up to these days? Meanwhile across the border the sulay warriors are.............

http://www.sikhawareness.com//index.php?showtopic=12230&pid=108651&st=0&#entry108651

This is being you do the wrong write this is the Nihang Singh is doing the show the how his do the train the horses. This is being the important to do train good the horse. If the old time the sometimes the Nihang do the hide for the ambush and killings the enemy so the nihnag do have to tell hims horse to do the be quiet and do the lie down then they do the jakhara and do the attacks all the enemy.

Shaheediyan is doing the write the good.

The Nihang is today do the lots the thing them are the do the keep the Sindhi horses breed in the whole india. No bodies else do the have sindhi horse the india. So them being like the look after the sindhi horse and stops it doing the extinctions.

The Budha Dal is having the public schools and teaching the youngs people good educations. The Budha Dal do the teachings good Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji meanings to the peoples.

They do make the bestest shaheedi degh for the all peoples try it they wants to.

All UK fauj have done that, stayed with them.

Where is being the UK fauj I doing the ask you. Do they be having the astable in the UK.

Edited by gogidalsingh

'This is being you do the wrong write this is the Nihang Singh is doing the show the how his do the train the horses. This is being the important to do train good the horse. If the old time the sometimes the Nihang do the hide for the ambush and killings the enemy so the nihnag do have to tell hims horse to do the be quiet and do the lie down then they do the jakhara and do the attacks all the enemy.'

Good work.

Shaheediyan

I couldn't do that due to committments here. Even during a sabbatical, I can't leave the UK for so long right now, even though it sounds like a blast to spend a few moons with Nihungs.

What exactly are nihungs meant to be? Are they custodians of culture and religious traditions? Or are they purporting to be a genuine militia for the protection of Sikhs?

If they are the latter, why are they not going into action in the Ashutosh situation?

I have to say, at times, you seem like you are absolutely incapable of accepting even the idea of questioning what Nihungs do by another Sikh. I know you have intelligence so I will ask you directly. How can idolising and placing these Singhs on a pedestal be healthy for the quom? I still hold to the principle of one amongst equals that I believe to be enshrined in our belief system.

I appreciate what Nihungs have done in terms of preserving maryada that may have been lost otherwise. But I will not blindly accept the assertion that these people today, are some form of elite crack force at the forefront of protecting Sikhs. This doesn't constitute disrespect.

And if they are a fauj for the Sikhs, I retain my right to ask questions and compare them to our old traditional enemies who are currently prancing around over the border, giving whitey hell.

Dalsingh, your name is quite ironic in light of this topic by the way, lol..

I agree, Nihangs are not the elite force they used to be, far, far from it in fact, hence the whole Nihang Nidar Singh being one of the last custodians of SV topic ..

They do however still retain some excellent raw battle skills/rvaaj i.e. Horse riding (and maintaining), Falconry, hunting, archery, aspect of SV i.e. chakkar vidya – and are always tyar bar tyar.

More importantly they retain a very puratan maryada – which is based around the life of a Khalsa Yodha, this entails living a very simple and ecological self sufficient lifestyle as well as Bir Sari nitnem/Paath, correct arth of those path, many oral ithihaasik traditions which serve for developing a warrior psychology etc.

To add they are the epitome of Bhagti and seva too, which you will discover if you are ever blessed enough to stay with them. There are many other things which one only discovers when they do sangat with Dal Panth.

I have mentioned this before, what is more important that numbers and weapons is yodhvir psychology - this is what the Nihangs have retained through maryadai/rvaaj/ithihaas. There is also always a place for chakravarty lifestyle – one never knows when bad times will come – their retention of survival knowledge is always going to be timeless.

Regarding political issues, I am not the best person to ask.

They do however still retain some excellent raw battle skills/rvaaj i.e. Horse riding (and maintaining), Falconry, hunting, archery, aspect of SV i.e. chakkar vidya – and are always tyar bar tyar.

These so-called raw battle skills were obsolete even by the times of the Anglo-Sikh wars so I don't know why you keep talking them up. Nihangs would be pretty much useless in any contemporary battle and would be more of a liability than an asset for any army. Although I have to admit after the third world war, the fourth world war would be fought with stones so I suppose the Nihangs would be great in that war!

Regarding political issues, I am not the best person to ask.

Well not many can explain the reason why a laadli fauj stays in its barracks whilst the panth is under attack.

Edited by tonyhp32