Rare Paath By Sant Singh Maskeen

PAL 07

its only after the leaving of the mortal body that people are realizing how great a mahapursh they were...

mind you they contributed to this themselves by remaining as gupt as they could. But yes iv'e never met them but there katha

and Gurbani Ucharan is sung with most love and passion, it's a shame they did't have santhya though.

uchaaran is not shuddh.

There are more than one schools of thought when it comes to ucharan. Plus his ucharan was more based on Hindi rather than Punjabi, notice they way he would pronounce ਭ and ਧ it was like the ucharan done in Hindi.

no matter what ucharan I enjoyed listening to his Paath.

the worst is...

15 - Shri Guru Granth Sahib - Page 1406 Line 18 to Page 1414 Line 09 - SikhSangeet.Com... where sant singh says Gur Arjan Ghar.. Gur Ramdass

when it should be Gur Arjan..Ghar Gur Ramdass.

When i was recieving santhya of this shabad my ustaad used to say

" isn't it amazing how paathis make Guru Arjan The father and Guru Ramdass the son, when the shudh ucharan reinforces the opposite "

mithar,

it's not the case of hindi/punjabi pronounciation.

Not to take away anything form Maskin Ji, they were a Gem of the Panth and their beautiful lectures and kathas continue to inspire the sangat, but santhyia is something not emphasised in many new and old orders in the panth. Many many well known vidhvaans, kirtanias, Paathis (many with recordings widely used by the sangat) have too many pronounciation mistakes. Not just a case of differing interpretations of santhyia, but flat out wrong ucharan. Somehting we need to change as a whole Panth.

Anyway, i don't mean to throw in negativity for the beautiful seva of Maskin Ji. This can be discussed somewhere else.