Interesting (Spanish?) Interpretation Of Jaap Sahib.

It's lovely, its just a bit ...something???......because I've always associated GGS ji's bani with bir raas and this is shaant raas.

But still, our Guru's words continue to inspire.

Edited by dalsingh101

I love how Sikhs are the only people who can't even take the time to spell the names of their Gurus. We dont see Christians saying J to Jesus or muslims saying Mo to Mohamad...or Hindus going Krish to Krishna.. But we see Siks saying SGGS, GGS etc etc....why not GTB (Guru Tegh Bahadur) or GN( Guru Nanak) ?

I love how Sikhs are the only people who can't even take the time to spell the names of their Gurus. We dont see Christians saying J to Jesus or muslims saying Mo to Mohamad...or Hindus going Krish to Krishna.. But we see Siks saying SGGS, GGS etc etc....why not GTB (Guru Tegh Bahadur) or GN( Guru Nanak) ?

Okay I hear you but you're not entirely correct are you. I've heard Jesus being affectionately called J.C. by American Christians. Hindus call Ramchander, Ram and Rama as well don't they? If you believe in DG then Guru Gobind Singh also used the short names of Shyaam, Ram etc. himself. Guru Nanak himself seems to have been more commonly referred to as Baba Nanak if Janam Sakhis are anything to go by.

Abbreviations or pseudonyms don't cause any disrespect in my eyes. I mean if I had used the term mohalla with the associated number, like nauvay mohalla, it isn't disrespectful. I'm just saying, using language conventions/shorthand shouldn't be a big issue, but I'm sure opinions will differ on this matter. Whatever people may feel, it doesn't diminish the affection one may have for those being referred to.