Delhi Driver Drugs, Rapes, Films Employer's Children

kdsingh80

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Delhi-driver-drugs-rapes-films-employer-s-children/Article1-601597.aspx

Three siblings — a 12-year-old girl and her 10- and seven-year-old brothers — were drugged, raped and forced to indulge in incest repeatedly by the man entrusted by their widowed mother to keep them safe — their school cab driver. Lalit Ratawal (3and five of his associates had been raping and sodomizing the children for 18 months in central Delhi’s Prasad Nagar. They also filmed the act and threatened the children into silence. Four of the associates are teens, including a Class 9 student of the same school the siblings attended. The mother, who keeps tenants to make a living, made the discovery 25 days ago when she noticed injection marks on her daughter’s arms. “There were round, black marks. When I asked her where they came from, she told me everything. She said she was afraid the driver would hurt me,” she said.

When the mother confronted Ratawal, he threatened to kill her. On Thursday, she told one of her tenants, who told a neighbour, and the neighbour in turn informed the police. The police took more than 24 hours to register a case.

“The family’s tenant approached me last evening. I rushed to Prasad Nagar Police Station and met the SHO but was told the case would be registered only after I brought the children there next morning,” the neighbour said on Friday.

According to the police, Ratawal would pick the children up from their house and take them to the house of the Class 9 student, whose parents are both teachers and hence, seldom home at that time of the day. His associates would be waiting for him there. On occasion, Ratawal would take the children — studying in classes VII, V and III — to his home when his own two children and wife were away.

“They’d inject the siblings with sedatives or force them to swallow pills. They would then push them to have sex with each other before raping them. Sometimes, the children were also forced to snort smack,” an investigating officer said.

The police said Ratawal was so organised, he would not abuse all three children on the same day. He spaced out the heinous acts so their mother and teachers would not be alerted by prolonged absences from school.

“Ratawal has been arrested on charges of raping the girl child and further investigation is underway,” said Jaspal Singh, DCP (central).

I had to study a unit on child sexual abuse at uni. The conclusion was that every society has a number of men of this nature. Conservatism in a society can help them hide more easily. They seem to be on the lookout for opportunities.

Research identified a number of factors that increased the likelihood of abuse (I can't remember them all) but I recall one was a single mother introducing unrelated men into the kids lives unsupervised. In a western context this is usually as lovers/boyfriends.

Looks like this poor family was caught out like this.

People should be able to spot changes in their child's behavior that indicate deep fear. Sometimes a child is so clearly troubled that only an idiotic, self absorbed parent doesn't notice the behavioural change.

I had a very young relative that was always bubbly and happy, then he suddenly became sad, depressed and miserable. When I quizzed him, it turned out he was getting bullied by Muslim kids at his school for being Sikh. I went to the school with his mum and told them. The white admin cut teacher just made sympathetic noises. I realised, they weren't going to do shit, so I had him pulled out and sent to another more mixed school. He quickly became the cheerful chappy I knew.

Sometimes I find it really weird that parents can be so untuned to their kids that they don't notice significant changes in behavior. When kids are stressed they manifest it clearly.

I feel sorry for this family and I hope any guilty person is on the receiving end of much violence.

I had a very young relative that was always bubbly and happy, then he suddenly became sad, depressed and miserable. When I quizzed him, it turned out he was getting bullied by Muslim kids at his school for being Sikh. I went to the school with his mum and told them. The white admin cut teacher just made sympathetic noises. I realised, they weren't going to do shit, so I had him pulled out and sent to another more mixed school. He quickly became the cheerful chappy I knew.

Bullying is a real problem in western countries. I have also noticed this within my own family. The child usually doesn't even tell the family because he feels ashamed to tell the parents that he is being bullied. The best thing to do is to send your kids to a multi cultural/ethnic school, preferably one where a lot of Sikh kids are studying.

• 3 weeks later...

I went through alot of bullying as a kid to severe extents ended up cutting my kesh only till I was older in a much more defendable position was I able to keep it, teachers did not do anything they were racist as well, even till today I get racism, its sad if I go to India I will get hate from other religions and even from Sikhs on basis of your not my caste. So no running from hate in the world for me.