Facial Hair Removal : Jagir Kaur Continues To Stir Controversy

G.Kaur

Did'n she murder her daughter because she married a guy from a different caste?

That's a part of it. In India it's like a cultural crime to run away and marry a boy, what makes it even worse is when the boy is from another caste. Jagir Kaur being Lubana, and the boy her daughter ran away with is a Jat.

amazing...... you can 'allegedly' kill your daughter and her child and still hold titles and position of respect, yet get rid of unsightly facial hair and the patit police of the kaum come a knocking on the door.

If you had read the news back then, then you would know that the "Patit Police" as you call them did make demands for action against her when her when she killed her daughter. In fact, it was only the Panthic Sikhs who tried their best to get her removed as the SGPC jathadar and arrested, but she was backed by the most powerful man in Punjab, Prakash Singh Badal who made sure she was protected, and anyone from PUnjab knows that you cannot be touched by the police if you have backing from Badal.

I think end of day, her killing her daughter should be more severe than her removing her hair from her chin. Don't get me wrong I am not saying to brush this aside either. But she killing her daughter should be prioritize charge on her and she should be booted out of the panth (excommunicated) based on that charge as opposed her removing her hair from her chin.

No one is saying that killing of her daughter is a lesser crime than hair removal. You think people are making a bigger deal of hair removal than killing of a person? I remember when she killed her daughter, it was all over the media and in Punjab this point was the main rallying point for all the groups opposed to the Badal group. Singhs back then even began to accuse her of being a Kurimaar and thus wanted her to be excommunicated, even though a Kurimaar is a person who is accused of female infanticide and not person who kills a grown woman. This went on for a few years, but in the end nothing happened because she had the backing of Badal.

Now because she killed her daughter, it seems some people here may be suggesting that all her other crimes should not even be mentioned or highlighted. So if tomorrow if she gets caught red handed stealing from the Golakh, we should not even mention this because she killed her daughter and only that one crime of her's should be mentioned, does that make sense to you guys? Why only limit her to one crime? I say all her crimes should be shown to the world.

Don't know why she bothered? She still looks like a bloke without the facial hair....

I just don't see a womens choice to keep or remove the hair on her face as news worthy thats all.

Why not? She's not just any woman, she was the former head of the SGPC (which is probably the biggest organization of Sikhs) and currently is the head of a Sikh women's organization that is to suppose to promote Sikh ideals amongst Sikh women, plus she is also the head Santni of Dera Muralla Sahib one of whose Jathadar (Sant Bishan Singh Jee Muralavale) were also the Jathadar of the DamDami Taksal, yet she removes hair from her body. Or do you think it is okay for an Amritdhari Sikh woman in her position to remove hair?

Edited by Mithar