Canada To Issue More Visas To Skilled Indian Youths

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Canada-to-issue-more-visas-to-skilled-Indian-youths/articleshow/7356978.cms

FATEHGARH SAHIB: The Canadian government wants to utilize the expertise of Indian students and engineers as it believes Indians can run the world if given a chance. This was stated here by Patrick Brown, Member of Parliament from the Barrie constituency of Ontario.

?Since the educational set-up of India has the potential to create world class engineers, we expect that their students can run the world if they get proper guidance and opportunities. We have decided to increase the number of visas to skilled Indian youngsters,Patrick said.

The Canadian MP was here to speak at a seminar on Educational employment opportunities for Indians in Canada organized by the Computer Science Department of SGPC-run Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering College ( BBSBEC), Fatehgarh Sahib. Patrick was accompanied by Sukhpal Dhanoa and Sunawal Singh Dhillon from International Punjab Development Council Canada.

About increasing craze among Punjabi students to go abroad, he admitted that Punjab topped the list in sending students abroad. He said 40% of the total students going overseas from India for studies are from Punjab, while 30% are from Gujarat and the remaining 30% from the rest of the country. Identifying the thrust areas for Indians to specialize in, Patrick listed petroleum, hardware, green technologies and pharmaceutical industry. He expected that the number of Indian students going to Canada would double up in the next five years. About the impact of slowdown, he said it was minimal on India and Canada. Brown expressed concern over less trade between India and Canada. The trade between India and Canada last year was $5 billion, while that between India and Australia was $22 billion, he said.

SGPC director, education, Gurmohan Singh Walia said the SGPC was looking at global avenues for educational opportunities for students.

Looks like Canada will get the educated brothers whilst the UK will continue to receive the illiterate pendu types, who only seem good for brainless donkey labour on building sites. I mean, at least learn a trade before you vacate your village and sell off the family land pendu.

Edited by dalsingh101

Looks like Canada will get the educated brothers whilst the UK will continue to receive the illiterate pendu types, who only seem good for brainless donkey labour on building sites. I mean, at least learn a trade before you vacate your village and sell off the family land pendu.

Why do you think that working on a construction site is like a donkey labour? On one hand people say that no work is big or small on the other hand they themselves

call names to people which are doing menial jobs.I am sure even in canada they are going to do blue collar jobs rather than white collar because they will reserve them for their own people

Why do you think that working on a construction site is like a donkey labour?

I don't, I just think those pendus should aim higher than just carry buckets of cement and other crap about. That IS donkey. I am telling them to learn trades before they get here. It will only benefit them. We have enough brainless donkeys from Europe here now. Panjabis needs to get more creative.

Why do you think that working on a construction site is like a donkey labour? On one hand people say that no work is big or small on the other hand they themselves

call names to people which are doing menial jobs.I am sure even in canada they are going to do blue collar jobs rather than white collar because they will reserve them for their own people

Brother, this type of thinking is a new low. Most of the kids who are born in the UK, Canada, US are children of men who were originally laborors, pendus or donkeys as you like you refer to them. Eventually they learned some trade and established themselves. These new pendus, peasents, donkeys or whatever you like to call them will also eventually learn a trade and establish themselves, then they will also have kids like you and other forum members here who will be born and raised in the UK all thanks to some Pendu, donkey or peasant who had to struggle like hell to provide for their family.

You have no idea what struggles and pressure new immigrants have to face. You think it is just as easy as that? On one hand they have to learn a trade, establish themselves, provide for their family who are probably in India, then they also have to face discrimination from Goray and even coconut Indians with a "I'm better than you" attitude who look down upon these these new immigrants by calling them pendus, donkeys and peasants completely forgetting that their own fathers and grandfathers were also pendus, donkeys and peasants.

You know Mithar, you don't even broach the other side, how so many of these pendus come here thinking they are better than 'vlaathis'. Bring backward peasant caste ideas that they conveniently seem to forget when they become labourers, and then resurrect at the first given opportunity, dragging our quom back to the medieval age again.

Not all of our parents/grandparents came here unskilled, it's usually peasants that do. Who also come with a idiotic 'better than you' attitude.

Plus, don't you think after all these years of migration, people back home would at least up the odds in their favour now with some understanding of the jobs market in the place they are going. Especially since there is an easy exchange of information now?

I'm sorry brother, but you seem happy to just excuse all poorly thought out acting/behaviour by our lot. You should try raising the bar a bit. The way people still make blind leaps abroad from Panjab and end up in deep shite these days is exactly because of this.

Edited by dalsingh101

Being an immigrant myself and seeing what it feels like to be an immigrant, I have seen how coconuts act around new immigrants. I have seen that Goray are not as discriminatory as coconuts born and bred here are. Being born and raised here they start to think they are Goray themselves not realizing that from the outside they ARE brown.

Whenever I ask parents of these coconut kids of what they did when they came here and they have a similar story of how they originally started off as unskilled labourors eventually learning a skill and becoming successful in their fields and even successful businessmen. Dal Singh, you think it is so easy for an immigrant. They struggle all their lives day and night to establish themselves so their kids can have it easy and not struggle like they did.

I was lucky that my father struggled here day and night to establish himself while his family (me, mother, sister and brother) were in India. Originally he did labour, but eventually he started his own business and his struggles paid off and he became successful, he made money and bought a house and called us over to Canada so me and my brother wouldn't have to struggle day and night like he did. I take it as a personal insult like most sons of immigrants would that one of our own would think my father is a donkey, pendu or a peasant just because he wasn't skilled when he originally came here before eventually becoming a success. I'm proud of my father, and I wouldn't give a damn what anyone thinks of him.

Edited by Mithar

That's fine. You have to say though, it's pretty low of certain peasants to consider the people who do the very jobs that they've ended up doing themselves as 'low caste' isn't it?

That's fine. You have to say though, it's pretty low of certain peasants to consider the people who do the very jobs that they've ended up doing themselves as 'low caste' isn't it?

you can pretend all you like to act as an expert specializing on the Jat people, rural people of Punjab, immigrants but in the end of the day it just exposes your own ignorance on the matter.

you can pretend all you like to act as an expert specializing on the Jat people, rural people of Punjab, immigrants but in the end of the day it just exposes your own ignorance on the matter.

And you can pretend like other people don't have the experiences that you like to downplay for obvious reasons. Just shows you where your loyalty really lies.

Edited by dalsingh101

I have noticed the Kenyan Tarkhan types really have it in for the Faujis. Maybe it's because the faujis are undercutting the established tarkhans. Personally, all power to the faujis, I say. I remember a decade or so ago all the tarkhans charging the earth for building work, most of which was substandard. Nowadays the faujis do a good job and they are not so expensive. Most of the builders that did the renovation of my house were faujis. I also had a garden flat built for £7,000 whilst the local Tarkhan cowboy was asking me for £17,000. If you can handle the gup shup they are good workers. Maybe there's a residual bias against Jats from our Tarkhan friend.

dalsingh101, maybe the youth in the UK just need to realise that a lot of them think they are God's gift to mankind, better and superior to all other people.

Do you think this is limited to UK youths? I meet pendus from backhome with this same attitude regularly. Go to the westcoast of Canada and you'll meet even more jumped up Panjabis there.

Maybe it's a much wider issue in the community than you are making out?

I have noticed the Kenyan Tarkhan types really have it in for the Faujis. Maybe it's because the faujis are undercutting the established tarkhans. Personally, all power to the faujis,

I say more power to the faujis too. It must beat sitting around on a farm back home feeling suicidal because some Bahman did some mysterious complicated mathematics on you and 'ruined your life' beyond any hope. Or wanting to jump into a well because farmer x down the road spent 5 times more on his daughter's wedding than you could afford and you now feel like a lesser man or losing your mind with envy at the sight of another apna visiting from UK/US/Canada with some cash to spare + any other miscellaneous pendu backward crap you can think of. lol

Edited by dalsingh101

Do you think this is limited to UK youths? I meet pendus from backhome with this same attitude regularly. Go to the westcoast of Canada and you'll meet even more jumped up Panjabis there.

Maybe it's a much wider issue in the community than you are making out?

I never said it's limited to the youth in the UK. But your egotism shines through all your posts in this topic.

What, that I feel exasperated and openly attacked certain crappy things I have been witnessing amongst ourselves for decades now makes me egotistical? Maybe I'm just tired of it?

Anyway, you sure it isn't because your own 'caste pride' is being prodded?

It's about time we faced up to certain crap we've been tip toeing around for too long in the community, lest we get yet another generation of backwards penducentric youth.

Don't shoot the messenger. If you don't like the message, change things.

Edited by dalsingh101

And as a serious suggestion, I think people should open up trade centres where villagers can learn bricklaying, carpentry and plastering etc. back home. That will help them immeasurably when they get here, and it will help the economy there too. Seriously.

That this hasn't already happened says a lot about our people's sense of planning.....

Edited by dalsingh101

Just someone calling things as he sees them. Without any gloss.

We have issues in the UK and we need to organise ourselves. That involves directly and bluntly facing up to and combating certain idiocy we have going on amongst ourselves including backward village type mentality and blatant sycophancy amongst other things.

Trust me. It's for the better in the long run and has been avoided for way too long. It's time for some frank exchanges and changes.

What, that I feel exasperated and openly attacked certain crappy things I have been witnessing amongst ourselves for decades now makes me egotistical? Maybe I'm just tired of it?

Anyway, you sure it isn't because your own 'caste pride' is being prodded?

It's about time we faced up to certain crap we've been tip toeing around for too long in the community, lest we get yet another generation of backwards penducentric youth.

Don't shoot the messenger. If you don't like the message, change things.

You havn't witnessed any thing. All you have done is, so and so told me this so it must be true. If anyone challenges your statements which are so full of ignorance and lies you accuse them of being casteist or being loyal of their caste. I've met a few Kenyan Tarkhans in my life so I wont form an opinion about them as you have blindly formed about Jats, but I certainly hope that most of them are not as ignorant and hateful as you are.

You carry one like they are angels Mithar. Like there isn't a world of crap to sort out in your society that is specifically the result of perceptions of macho Jat culture. Have you noticed what happens on the west coast of your country for instance? Or are you going to pretend idiotic spoilt 'gangsta' jat boys aren't killing each other like lowlife thugs there?

Anyway, if you keep living in denial, see how your communities problems will grow. It's your choice.

Plus my idea of construction courses for pendus back home is a golden one. If they are good, they can come here and do site work with better wages. I don't know why no one thinks of these things back home? Is it because the boys out there will feel ashamed of openly doing so called 'low caste' work?

Then come here and beg for it anyway.

Edited by dalsingh101