Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa

DSG

Wahe gur ji ka khalsa whae guru ji ke fateh

http://www.sikh24.com/2013/12/breaking-bhai-gurbaksh-singh-khalsa-jailed/#.UqG0hXDBqSo

What a disgrace , I dont understand the mentality of these people. An innocent Sikh Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa , on hunger strike so that the prisoners wrongly arrested and who have served their time , campaigning for their release.

Surely we can knock on UN's door as India is part of the UN and put pressure on them to act .

No further discussion of the topic? Coming from another forum where the thread on topic has been the top one since Gurbaksh Singh ji started his fast with updates everyday, www.sikhawareness.com seems to be lacking in panthic feeling. The issue raised by Gurbaksh Singh ji should have struck a chord deep in hearts of everyone who feels him/herself to be a part of panth.

Not really lacking in the panthic feeling, more like less member traffic on this website..lot more guest browse this forum than members posting. And besides lot of members on sikhsangat.com are also on sikhawareness.com and vice versa so they are following news closely on ss instead in one centralized location. I am also following up on the news very closely on sikhsangat.com as well.

WJKK WJKF

its good to see the chardikala of bhai gurbaksh singh ji.. i m totally supporting him for this cause.. i m not offending him in anyway.. i have great respect for him..

but just a question for our future.. y we sikhs have opted for this" hunger strike "style protest.. like i m not complaining ..just want to assure myself... becoz we know this govt and badal and this system will not change.. even if he dies it would be like a fly has dead and the system will remain same...

y dont we sikhs just give a kick in the butt of such a sarkar.. do not vote at all for anyone .. do not let pass any legislative bill.. just protest ..stop the work.. stop going to govt offices.. stop driving taxis trucks.. stop working on farms.. stop the money exchange.. their are hundreds of ways..

y the need of hunger strike.. yes he is still in chardikala.. thts because he must be a pure at heart gursikh.. no doubt in that.. he will surely accept death smilingly... but what wud be the result.. one more added in the list of shaheedi.. and the time goes on..!!

its soo frustrating... i feel like crying and sometimes angry..

Edited by curious_man

Why did Bhai Gurbakash Singh have to do this? The Sikh nation should always be aware of its injustices and that of others and always engage in addressing these through all means possible. Until Bhai Gurbakhash Singh came along nobody said or did anything about this. Everybody knew it was going on but nobody made any campaign.

This begs the question; what other panthic issues are going on that have been swept under the carpet.

Personally i have no faith in adopting the hunger strike method and prefer the Sant Jee method. The problem with Punjab is poor leadership and politics.

Why did Bhai Gurbakash Singh have to do this? The Sikh nation should always be aware of its injustices and that of others and always engage in addressing these through all means possible. Until Bhai Gurbakhash Singh came along nobody said or did anything about this. Everybody knew it was going on but nobody made any campaign.

This begs the question; what other panthic issues are going on that have been swept under the carpet.

Personally i have no faith in adopting the hunger strike method and prefer the Sant Jee method. The problem with Punjab is poor leadership and politics.

If you haven't got faith in hunger strike method which is form of patience/staying in hakum how do you reconcile that method with sri guru arjan dev ji shaheedi method with mahavak bachan- tera kiya mitha lagaie?

If you haven't got faith in hunger strike method which is form of patience/staying in hakum how do you reconcile that method with sri guru arjan dev ji shaheedi method with mahavak bachan- tera kiya mitha lagaie?

Hunger strike is a way of making a campaign which is fine, though it is a weak method such as Buddhists who set themselves on fire in protest against occupation of Tibet.

Staying in hukam doesn't mean you accept injustice and reply Tere Keeya Meeta Laage, rather the approach of Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib is much better. The fifth master only accepted the torture and eventual shahheedi because the oppresor STARTED the injustice. It was symbolic to show that a Sikh shouldn't start trouble.

Then Baba Budda Jee ordained the next Guru will smash the heads of tyrants like crushing an onion with fist.

Since 1978 enough is enough...Sikhs in Punjab need to start a reform movement themselves from all the masands

Wrongly arrested? what is your basis for saying this? ..who have served their time...They have been sentenced for life so what do you mean by "served their time"?

They were not arrested and jailed under normal laws. The law used "TADA" was wholly unacceptable in a democracy accroding to the UN and AI.

They were given life sentences which is 14 years, NOT life tariffs.

Why everyone trying to make it sound like that six Sikh convicts have been singled out?

It's kind of obvious that they have been singled out.

Try knocking on UN's door and then let me know what UN says to people who have made persecution of minority faiths like Dera Sacha Sauda, Niarankaris, sanatani Hindus, Ravidassis...an art form.

Lessons the Sikh people have unfortunately learned from the Hindus, I'm afraid.

Wrongly arrested? what is your basis for saying this? ..who have served their time...They have been sentenced for life so what do you mean by "served their time"?

Why everyone trying to make it sound like that six Sikh convicts have been singled out?

Try knocking on UN's door and then let me know what UN says to people who have made persecution of minority faiths like Dera Sacha Sauda, Niarankaris, sanatani Hindus, Ravidassis...an art form.

As I said in my other post about General Brar , which you did not respond to , please read the history of ( Sant Jarnail SIngh Bhindrawale , plenty of his speeches on you tube , look at harinder singh 1984 lectures .... then you will realise )

go and search Sikh Organisation of prisoners welfare , read the history of the prisoners , then you will realise.

One thing veer ji , i may be wrong why is there so much hate in you , why do you go on the defensive all the time ?

I dont know where you reside , but veer ji take a look at Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa's case , shisi Kant gave statements that he has a letter from the CM stating prisoners will not be released no matter what and is willing to provide the evidence.

The indian prime minister , the indian CM have not even once commented about Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa's hunger strike ... why do you think that is ?

Theres no media coverage , except on the SIkh Channel that I am aware of , outside of the UK . why do you think that is ?

Bhai Jaspal Singh( young teenager) shot dead by the Police when he was peacefully protesting ....... no further news on whether his killers were sent to jail ? why do you think that is ?

1984 thousands of cases against the perpertrators , eye witnesses , evidence available yet again they walk free ? 29 years no justice , no media coverage outside of UK , why do you think that is ?

Gurbaksh SIngh Khalsa's mission is selfless fighting for the release of prisoners who have served their sentence, he is not just fighting for the Sikhs but for all other faiths where there have been false imprisonment with wahegurus kirpa Gurbaksh Singh will inspire others to stand up for injustices and together as a quom justice can be sought ......., telling the sangat to follow the Guru's word , stop cutting your hair/drinking/smoking and sangat have come forward and vowed to take a step towards the guru ( by the way by guru i mean Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji) ..... From his words and actions , one knows the character of a true GurSikh , one who has love for the panth and guru..... there are many many many more like this

I dont think you get it , its not about Hindu / Sikh / Buddhist/ Muslim etc.....

Sikhs believe in the one creator , and the one creator will not look at whether you are hindu,muslim, sikh, black,white,yellow etc... its your actions , its how much you have jap naam , remembered the creator , acted on the Gurus words etc...

Sikhs have done and will continue to , stand up for any injustices for any faith

I did respond DSG but my response about JSB was blacked out. I am not allowed to put my argument up.

hmmmm interesting .... but still you could have answered it in this thread .

why do you think i have hate in me? My perspective maybe different from yours. i may disagree with what you are saying and vice versa which is perfectly fine but why do you want to call it "hate"?

From your comments , why are you being blocked veer ji in threads , theres rules and regs to follow on any forum.

For me its not about scoring points ..... if we dont know about certain things ask , theres many people on this forum who have much more Gian than me and any doubts can be ironed out ( this is for both ways )

Gurbaksh Singh maybe a monumental development in your thinking but the Indian PM has so many other things on his plate.

I think you have hit the nail on the head here. Sikhs being a minority group the PM dont see the Sikhs as valid citizens are being opressed , not listened to , however valid their case maybe ... the are simply not listened to.

Indian PM has so many other things on his plate ..........such as ?

Dont you see a person serving his/her sentence should be released ?

Dont you think to that person , its a very big thing ? What would you do in their shoes ? Would you accept the PM has other things on his plate , leaving you to your own devices ? ( I dont think so )

Ask you a question, have you ever heard the name of Irom Sharmila? Do you have any idea how many people have sacrificed their lives in the ongoing Telengana agitation? Do you know how many Indo-Tibetans have self-immolated themselves for their cause? Please give me honest answers.

No I havent.

Why do you think I havent heard about it ?

and what do you think we are doing on this forum ? ( Making people aware of the attrocities happening in india ) again these are being questioned , and as to your thoughts "indian PM have other things on their plate ? .... completely wrong thinking

Every legitimate case however small / big should be highlighted big time ?

In the UK theirs change.org where you can setup a petition if you have a valid cause , literally thousands of people from all background sign the petition with over 100,000 signatures. Then this is presented to parliament where they then have a debate

recent ones are ,

A disabled person living in a flat was going to be kicked out by the council simply becuase he was disabled , the petition signed now this guy had his lease extended and moved into a new flat .....

People in UK are going hungry , food banks are being used alot .. another petition was set up by a mohter of a young child who could not afford to feed her child ... her petition was about why UK was going hungry , with over 100,000 signatures this has gone to a debate in the parliment.

These causes are not petty or little , this causes are not important .... the PM looks at these issues as well as having other things on their plate. They are not set to one side ... its called democracy..

Will you get the same thing in india ? according to you they wont as the PM has other things on his plate.

Now if media broadcasted about Irom Sharmilla dont you think people would stand up and fight for their cause ?

How will the average person be made aware of such attrocities ?

Sorry I don't own those media channels. Why do you think foreign channels are ignoring GS's hunger strike and why do you think they should cover it anyway?

You dont own this forum , but you are putting out your views , theres no excuse if the cause is valid and just every door should be knocked ?

Most likely they wont gain anything financially as to why they are not covering the story, plus if we all put pressure on the main channels especially BBC as we pay a licence fee , surely they will act . But again we should stop spreading the truth ?

Once again, do you have any idea how many people were killed by the police in various Indian states in the last one year? Do you really think Jaspal Singh was "peacefully protesting"? Do you think all the policemen who kill protestors should be jailed? Do you know how many Dera Sacha sauda followers have been either killed by Khalsas or have committed suicides? why there is no media reports about the violation of DSS premis human rights? why punjab/indian media is so biased against them?

NO i dont , but i know india has become so corrupt , its the norm ( i know , my passport got stolen and boy was it a nightmare getting my visa autorised by the indian high commission , thats a story for another day ) ....

Yes i do believe Jaspal Singhs case was peaceful as they showed it on the SIkh Channel ?

Plus extra footage they had showing the Police beating the protestors , they were told to hand over their cameras and in some cases cameras smashed and people beaten up.

1984 killings in Delhi (the worst blot on the Indian democracy i would say) - 442 convicted 49 of them given life imprisonments. 1985 Air India plane bombed by Sikh extremists 330 killed just ONE conviction. who has been denied justice and by whom? Do you think Canadian government is protecting Sikh terrorists? no media coverage anywhere in the world. why?

hmmm after nearly 29 years still no justice , again look at you tube harinder singh 1984 ( based on facts ) . why do you think on one person was convicted in 1985?

Why would Canadian government protect Sikh , you call terrorist , but a true Sikh of the 10th master dhana dhan sri guru gobind singh ji will always fight for the truth , a true sikh will not run away after he/she has seeked justice , history tell us .

No comment as you would say that i have hate in me.

interesting comment , which means it makes sense .

Why Dera Sacha Suada, Ravidassis,Namdharis, Hindus, radhasoamis, Noormehlias,...are being persecuted in Punjab then?

They are protected by the Police . who are persecuting them ? why are they being persecuted ? what is their mission ?

I think we are just going round in circles.

I will read up upon Irom Shamila unlike you who will not read upon Sikh Organisation of Prisoner Welfare , Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawala, Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa , Harinder Singh 1984 many many many more cases ...... your points go personal , so on that note theres no use in further dialogue no point not gaining any awareness....., you are picking and choosing as what you want to read and reply to and taking this very personal. If you have that much passion about your cause rather than slandering why dont you put your efforts and energy for a good cause , why dont you help Irom Shamila ?

Good Luck and bye