Convert

I converted to islam and im Proudddddddddddddd

A_view_of_Laddu.JPG

congratulations... lol

Edited by dalsingh101

A very noble point of view from Lazy Sewadar.

We must bear in mind, that if the purpose of any human being is to meet that Supreme Being, namely God; then that person has to go above the limits of the so called religions as such.

Because, Akal Purukh, is not to be realized by changing your lifestyle, neither by any rituals, nor traditions....nothing of that sort.

As long as we cling and say I belong to this or that religion, dharam or mazab...confrontations and controversies are goig to exist as a natural output, because the makers of these bondages are the imperfect human beings themselves,though that is not their purpose.

Please do not say, Mohammed said so, or Guru Nanak said so and so...or Christ said so and so..... The thing is we pay attention only to what we want to hear, and unimportant things only.

We do not pay attention to what they said, upon how to reach and realize the formless... as they themselves did in a practical way.

We are all blind, having eyes we do not want to use our sight to look at the radiance of the Sunlight....and so each one, with the eyes closed, is shouting: my sun (my religion, my god) is superior to the others.

Moorakhs humans....

Instead, we should open our real spiritual eyes, and then we shall all agree, there is only one Sun(Wahiguru) in the creation, who gives its sunlight(love, grace) in equal measure to all beings. Then we shall laugh at ourselves and see our inmature behaviour, like naughty small children. So we sholud live harmoniously in accordance to the envoirements we have been kept to discharge our karmas smoothly, but keeping in mind, that everythinhg is maya, is illusion, and so we should not attach ourselves with it, rather we should have in mind our goal of reaching Him at all times. Like a tourist who goes to another country for a short visit, but he knows in his mind, that , in short time he has to return back home..... if he keeps his mind claer, he will enjoy his stay there and return safely...but if he gets entangled and interferes doing mischiefs in that alien land, he is going to be imprisoned and suffer.

Due to our past karmas, sanskaras, we are placed by nature in some particular envoirements(country, parents, religion, friends, etc); but that is only at a physical level; and spiritually speaking, we all belong to only Him.

He is present as a Consciouss Power in all beings: Aatam me Ram, Ram me aatam. Ik Noor se sabh Jag oupjay. This is our true nature, His one ray is our soul, and as such we are all same.

Wahiguru, Lord or God, is not a exclusive property of any religion. He is an infinte ocean of Love, and it is only by love, that we can go back and merge in Him.

And so what is that love?

That love, is to stay in His Bhana, His will, it is to surrender ourselves, our mind and body in the pure devotion to Him. And this anybody can do. This love, this devotion is not restricted to any religion, caste, creed, or land. This pure devotion will arise our soul consciousness above our petty limited minds, and then we shall see by ourselves, that it is the very one Sun´s light which is permeating and life giving source to all creatures.

I know, no matter how much I may explain the simple truths by all Gurmukhs, or Saints.... still people will not like it and continue with wars, hatred, controversies, etc.

If all past and present Gurmukhs have come, and could not reform us,(not that they do not have the power to do so, it is because we do not allow them to reform us, we, our minds, like confrontations, wars, disputes, hot arguments), so naturally who am I to do so?

Peace and love is the duty of each being, with respect and humility to all. We have to arise over the walls, the barriers created by us, with the simple and natural method of being, human beings.

God is not something physicall, He is a subtle spiritual being,and is present in spiritual realms, so if we want to reach there, it is not by pertaining to a particular club(country, religion, caste), that we shall reach Him, but by becoming subtle like Him, then only we can reach Him, otherwise we shall remain ignorant donkeys....

As said before, and to become subtle, we need something practical, by which we can discard our physicall bodies as limitations on our souls .... and that is meditation on Him.

The Bani for that purpose tells us: Jin Har japiya, se Har hoeeya

May He bless all of us with the right understanding.

If there is anything to be converted, that has to be manmukhta. We have to change ourselves from manmukhs to gurmukhs, by Guramt

Sree Guru Ram Das Maharaj in His sweet ambrosial Bani gives us direct instructions for getting the darshan of Wahiguru and becoming one with Him.

In His Bani Raag Bilaaval,He Says:

ਸਾਧੂ ਸਰਣਿ ਪਰੈ ਸੋ ਉਬਰੈ ਖਤ੍ਰੀ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣੁ ਸੂਦੁ ਵੈਸੁ ਚੰਡਾਲੁ ਚੰਡਈਆ

Saadhhoo Saran Parai So Oubarai Khathree Braahaman Soodh Vais Chanddaal Chanddeeaa

साधू सरणि परै सो उबरै खत्री ब्राहमणु सूदु वैसु चंडालु चंडईआ

One who seeks the Sanctuary of the Holy is saved, whether he is a Kh'shaatriya, a Brahmin, a Soodra, a Vaishya or the most untouchable of the untouchables.

ਜੋ ਮਿਲੈ ਸਾਧੂ ਜਨ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਧਨੁ ਧੰਨਾ ਜਟੁ ਸੈਣੁ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਦਈਆ

Jo Jo Milai Saadhhoo, Jan Sangath, Dhhan Dhhannaa Jatt Sain, Miliaa Har Dheeaa

जो जो मिलै साधू जन संगति धनु धंना जटु सैणु मिलिआ हरि दईआ

Blessed Dhanna and Sain; all those who joined the humble Saadh Sangat, met the Merciful Lord.

He says, it does not matter where nature has placed you accoring to your karams....you need not leave your origins, you need not change your lifestyle, your community, your dharam, your mazab, your family relations...nothing has to changed.

If ever anything has to be changed, it is the dirt of the mind which has to be washed...which is not washed by any rituals or rites, neither if you cut your body into pieces...

That is why the Bani says: Nimakh nimakh kar sareer kataveh, toh bhee haume mael na jaaveh ...

He then says: but by coming into company of the Sadh Sangat, of a Gurmukh, we shed all our ignorance, our superstitions, our brahams,we start to learn to love Wahiguru as He wants, not by our "maanmat"....the Bani says only one thing to be done, but we do many other things and not that which has to be done, just because nobody really cares for the Bani ...and prefer to do what is said from mouth to mouth and what has been seen since some few hundred years back...

Let us have a open mind, and forget for a moment what we have seen and heard, and then read the Bani, and try to understand it, we shall be amazed the beauty it contains, the rich and deep spiritual wisdom in it ....only then, may we take the correct steps, and reform our lives, by walking on the straight path, which leads to Him.

It is our mind which has to be converted, not the body by changing one religion to other, not by stopping some rituals, and starting some other new ones, because the mind can only be converted, by the Power Of Nam, and this can only be learnt, in order to get the desired transformation in us, by applying Gurmat in our lives, by following Gurmat...

Edited by harsharan000

We humans, have created so many divisions, so many limitations, so many barriers, so many differences .....

And because of these differences we go mad and fight and kill...invade others countries........ just for nothing ...... but waste of bloodshed ....then too, we say it is for my religion...in the name of my god...stupid fanatics

We are different due to outer layers, but once we leave this world and leave back our bodies for which we did so many atrocities, so many sins...who is a sikh? who is a muslim? a christian or a hindu there?

If the sun(god) has no nationality, how come the ray(soul) is going to have one?

If the ocean(god) has no caste, creed, no religion...how come a simple drop(soul) is going to have one?

We are all sure insane, we are blind ....

Sree Guru Angad Dev Maharaj through His bani in Raag Maajh, removes all our doubts of this type, regarding: dharam, zaat, paat..with these His following words:

ਅਖੀ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਵੇਖਣਾ ਵਿਣੁ ਕੰਨਾ ਸੁਨਣਾ

Akhee Baajhahu Vaekhanaa Vin Kannaa Sunanaa

अखी बाझहु वेखणा विणु कंना सुनणा

To see without eyes; to hear without ears;

ਪੈਰਾ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਚਲਣਾ ਵਿਣੁ ਹਥਾ ਕਰਣਾ

Pairaa Baajhahu Chalanaa Vin Hathhaa Karanaa

पैरा बाझहु चलणा विणु हथा करणा

To walk without feet; to work without hands;

ਜੀਭੈ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਬੋਲਣਾ ਇਉ ਜੀਵਤ ਮਰਣਾ

Jeebhai Baajhahu Bolanaa Eio Jeevath Maranaa

जीभै बाझहु बोलणा इउ जीवत मरणा

To speak without a tongue-like this, one remains dead while yet alive.

He says, when we reach there in His Darbar, we shall not need our eyes, neither tongue, nor hands, nor feet to walk.... we are different as long as we dress differently, have different physicall features, different skin colours...and so on.

And so if all these diffrences are not required there, and moreover we do not carry them with ourselves, then who is there a sikh, a muslim, a christian or a hindu? If the bodies are not there, then where are the diffrences?

There is nobody to ask us, show me your passport, let me see what is your nationality, or let me see which country do you come from?

Who were your ancestors?

What ritulas did you perform?

To which religion did you belong? There are no such physicall proofs required, or credentials to be presented ....

This is all ignorance at our worldly level ....

There only your karmas, your attitude towards others, your sins, are going to be taken into consideration.... our karmas are going to define our future, our destiny.

Apart from that, what is going to be valued, is, our true love and devotion for Him.

Love and devotion, as per the teachings of our Guru Sahibans and all Gurmukhs from any time and place, which is only Nam , Shabad Bhakti.

The Bani throughout repeatedly draws our attention, towards that one eternal Truth, which is Nam or Shabad, to which they say, if you want to be saved and free yourself from the cycle of births and deaths, attach youself to it by meditating upon it, leave aside all your "maanmat", and exclusively devote yourself to this Nam, then from it you will get the true Amrit, made by Wahiguru Himself, which is flowing within you all the 24 hours.... and by drinking that Amrit, you shall become immortal.

Once you taste and savour this Amrit, all your filth of karmas, of sanskaras, of so many lives shall all be washed away...you wil become pure paviter, your mind will not bother you anymore with its doots of kam, krodh, lobh, moh, and ahankar ...maya and kal will become your servants ...they will no longer ever be able to stop you from going back to your Father´s House, Sach Khand, where you will surely reach, that also not alone, but, in the company of the Shabad Guru.

Such is the mahanta of our Gurumukhs... and our beloved Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Edited by harsharan000

• 5 months later...

I converted to islam and im Proudddddddddddddd

Convert1ji,

as new convert, How was your fasting during the ramdhaan month? how was the experince? did you miss any? Are you doing the 5 prayers daily. I hope you didn't forget your zakat. Please do tell. Anyhow wishing you salam aidl fitri.