Shabads Or Gurbani Pangtees That Touch Your Heart Most!

Truly, Gurbani is a conversation with Nirankar, and is a spiritual guide that takes us through various avasthas in our lives, one phase to another. Sometimes we come across Gurbani de vaak that touch us most or relate to our state of mind .

All of Gurbani in whole is inspirational and gives salvation. But are there any panktis that you come across which inspire you the most, touch you the most or make you fall in love more with the Guru. Would you like to share those here ?

I am starting this as a means to get more involved in Gurbani, and learn how to take instructions from Guru :)

The following is a slap to my lazy mind
ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥ ਜਿਸ ਕਾ ਦੀਆ ਪੈਨੈ ਖਾਇ ॥ ਤਿਸੁ ਸਿਉ ਆਲਸੁ ਕਿਉ ਬਨੈ ਮਾਇ ॥੧॥ ਖਸਮੁ ਬਿਸਾਰਿ ਆਨ ਕੰਮਿ ਲਾਗਹਿ ॥ ਕਉਡੀ ਬਦਲੇ ਰਤਨੁ ਤਿਆਗਹਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਤਿਆਗਿ ਲਾਗਤ ਅਨ ਲੋਭਾ ॥ ਦਾਸਿ ਸਲਾਮੁ ਕਰਤ ਕਤ ਸੋਭਾ ॥੨॥ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਰਸੁ ਖਾਵਹਿ ਖਾਨ ਪਾਨ ॥ ਜਿਨਿ ਦੀਏ ਤਿਸਹਿ ਨ ਜਾਨਹਿ ਸੁਆਨ ॥੩॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਮ ਲੂਣ ਹਰਾਮੀ ॥ ਬਖਸਿ ਲੇਹੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਅੰਤਰਜਾਮੀ ॥੪॥੭੬॥੧੪੫॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 195}

I heard this line some time ago and been singing it ever since.

Ang 451, by Sri Guru Ram Das Ji.

ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਪਰਦੇਸੀ ਵੇ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਆਉ ਘਰੇ ॥

Mayray man pardaysee vay, pi-aaray aa-o gharay.

O my dear beloved stranger mind, please come home!

ਹਰਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਿਲਾਵਹੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਘਰਿ ਵਸੈ ਹਰੇ ॥

Har Guroo milaavhu mayray pi-aaray ghar vasai Haray.

Meet with the Lord-Guru, O my dear beloved, and He will dwell in the home of your self.

Edited by Sat1176

^ Thats a beautiful way of asking the mind to come home .

Came across the following today:

ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥ ਰਾਖੁ ਪਿਤਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮੇਰੇ ॥ ਮੋਹਿ ਨਿਰਗੁਨੁ ਸਭ ਗੁਨ ਤੇਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਪੰਚ ਬਿਖਾਦੀ ਏਕੁ ਗਰੀਬਾ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਰਾਖਨਹਾਰੇ ॥ ਖੇਦੁ ਕਰਹਿ ਅਰੁ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਸੰਤਾਵਹਿ ਆਇਓ ਸਰਨਿ ਤੁਹਾਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਕਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਹਾਰਿਓ ਅਨਿਕ ਬਹੁ ਭਾਤੀ ਛੋਡਹਿ ਕਤਹੂੰ ਨਾਹੀ ॥ ਏਕ ਬਾਤ ਸੁਨਿ ਤਾਕੀ ਓਟਾ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਮਿਟਿ ਜਾਹੀ ॥੨॥ ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਸੰਤ ਮਿਲੇ ਮੋਹਿ ਤਿਨ ਤੇ ਧੀਰਜੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥ ਸੰਤੀ ਮੰਤੁ ਦੀਓ ਮੋਹਿ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਕਮਾਇਆ ॥੩॥ ਜੀਤਿ ਲਏ ਓਇ ਮਹਾ ਬਿਖਾਦੀ ਸਹਜ ਸੁਹੇਲੀ ਬਾਣੀ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਨਿ ਭਇਆ ਪਰਗਾਸਾ ਪਾਇਆ ਪਦੁ ਨਿਰਬਾਣੀ ॥੪॥੪॥੧੨੫॥{ਪੰਨਾ 206}

The following shabad is one of my highly inspire and motivational shabad. This shabad is at ang 1096 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj. When I am down (business wise) or facing negative/ obstacles, I will refer to this shabad. Today this shabad has become part of my life with each pangtis (lines) guiding me in my different principles of my life.

Pauree

Jaa thoo maerai val hai thaa kiaa muhashandhaa.

When you are on my side, Lord, what do I need to worry about?

thudh sabh kish maino soupiaaa jaa thaeraa bandhaa

you entrusted everything to me, when I became Your slave.

Lakhamee thott n aavee khaae kharach rehandhaa

My wealth is exhaustible. no matter how much I spend and consume.

lakh chouraaseeh maedhanee sabh saev karandhaa.

the 8.4 million species of beings all work to serve me.

eaeh vairee mithr sabh keethiaa neh mangahi mandhaa

All these enemies have become my friends, and no one wishes me ill.

laekhaa koe n pushee jaa har bakhasandha

No one calls me to account, since God is my forgiver.

anandh bhaeiaa sukh paaeiaa mil gur govindhaa

I have become blissful, and I have found peace, meeting with the Guru, the Lord of the Universe.

sabhae kaaj savaariai jaa tudhh bhaavandhaa

All my affairs have been resolved, since You are pleased with me.

• 2 weeks later...

khag khand bihandan khal dal khandan at ran mandan barbandan, bhuj dand akhandan tej parcandan jot amahdan bhan prabhan, Sukh santa karnann durmat darnah kilbikh harnan as sarnan, jai jai jag-karan, srist ubaran mam pritparan, jai tegan.

ਰਾਮਕਲੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ਦਖਣੀ ਓਅੰਕਾਰੁ

रामकली महला १ दखणी ओअंकारु

raamkalee mehlaa 1 dakh-nee o-ankaar

Raamkalee, First Mehl, Dakhanee, Ongkaar:

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥

ik-oNkaar satgur parsaad.

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਓਅੰਕਾਰਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਉਤਪਤਿ ॥

ओअंकारि ब्रहमा उतपति ॥

o-ankaar barahmaa utpat.

From Ongkaar, the One Universal Creator God, Brahma was created.

ਓਅੰਕਾਰੁ ਕੀਆ ਜਿਨਿ ਚਿਤਿ ॥

ओअंकारु कीआ जिनि चिति ॥

o-ankaar kee-aa jin chit.

He kept Ongkaar in his consciousness.

ਓਅੰਕਾਰਿ ਸੈਲ ਜੁਗ ਭਏ ॥

ओअंकारि सैल जुग भए ॥

o-ankaar sail jug bha-ay.

From Ongkaar, the mountains and the ages were created.

ਓਅੰਕਾਰਿ ਬੇਦ ਨਿਰਮਏ ॥

ओअंकारि बेद निरमए ॥

o-ankaar bayd nirma-ay.

Ongkaar created the Vedas.

ਓਅੰਕਾਰਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਉਧਰੇ ॥

ओअंकारि सबदि उधरे ॥

o-ankaar sabad uDhray.

Ongkaar saves the world through the Shabad.

ਓਅੰਕਾਰਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਤਰੇ ॥

ओअंकारि गुरमुखि तरे ॥

o-ankaar gurmukh taray.

Ongkaar saves the Gurmukhs.

ਓਨਮ ਅਖਰ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ ॥

ओनम अखर सुणहु बीचारु ॥

onam akhar sunhu beechaar.

Listen to the Message of the Universal, Imperishable Creator Lord.

ਓਨਮ ਅਖਰੁ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣ ਸਾਰੁ ॥੧

ओनम अखरु त्रिभवण सारु ॥१॥

onam akhar taribhavan saar. ||1||

The Universal, Imperishable Creator Lord is the essence of the three worlds. ||1||

ਸੁਣਿ ਪਾਡੇ ਕਿਆ ਲਿਖਹੁ ਜੰਜਾਲਾ ॥

सुणि पाडे किआ लिखहु जंजाला ॥

sun paaday ki-aa likhahu janjaalaa.

Listen, O Pandit, O religious scholar, why are you writing about worldly debates?

ਲਿਖੁ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਗੋਪਾਲਾ ॥੧ਰਹਾਉ ॥

लिखु राम नाम गुरमुखि गोपाला ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

likh raam naam gurmukh gopaalaa. ||1|| rahaa-o.

As Gurmukh, write only the Name of the Lord, the Lord of the World. ||1||Pause||

This is just what I needed today. :)

ਤਿਲੰਗ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਘਰੁ ੩ ॥ ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨੁ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨੁ ॥ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨੁ ॥ ਜੀਅ ਸਗਲ ਕਉ ਦੇਇ ਦਾਨੁ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਤੂ ਕਾਹੇ ਡੋਲਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀਆ ਤੁਧੁ ਰਾਖੈਗਾ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰੁ ॥ ਜਿਨਿ ਪੈਦਾਇਸਿ ਤੂ ਕੀਆ ਸੋਈ ਦੇਇ ਆਧਾਰੁ ॥੧॥ ਜਿਨਿ ਉਪਾਈ ਮੇਦਨੀ ਸੋਈ ਕਰਦਾ ਸਾਰ ॥ ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਮਾਲਕੁ ਦਿਲਾ ਕਾ ਸਚਾ ਪਰਵਦਗਾਰੁ ॥੨॥ ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਕੀਮ ਨ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਵਡਾ ਵੇਪਰਵਾਹੁ ॥ ਕਰਿ ਬੰਦੇ ਤੂ ਬੰਦਗੀ ਜਿਚਰੁ ਘਟ ਮਹਿ ਸਾਹੁ ॥੩॥ ਤੂ ਸਮਰਥੁ ਅਕਥੁ ਅਗੋਚਰੁ ਜੀਉ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਤੇਰੀ ਰਾਸਿ ॥ ਰਹਮ ਤੇਰੀ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਸਦਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਕੀ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ॥੪॥੩॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 724}

And this:

ਸੂਹੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥ ਦਰਸਨੁ ਦੇਖਿ ਜੀਵਾ ਗੁਰ ਤੇਰਾ ॥ ਪੂਰਨ ਕਰਮੁ ਹੋਇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮੇਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਇਹ ਬੇਨੰਤੀ ਸੁਣਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮੇਰੇ ॥ ਦੇਹਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਿ ਅਪਣੇ ਚੇਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਅਪਣੀ ਸਰਣਿ ਰਾਖੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਦਾਤੇ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਕਿਨੈ ਵਿਰਲੈ ਜਾਤੇ ॥੨॥ ਸੁਨਹੁ ਬਿਨਉ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮੇਰੇ ਮੀਤਾ ॥ ਚਰਣ ਕਮਲ ਵਸਹਿ ਮੇਰੈ ਚੀਤਾ ॥੩॥ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਏਕ ਕਰੈ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ॥ ਵਿਸਰੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਪੂਰਨ ਗੁਣਤਾਸਿ ॥੪॥੧੮॥੨੪॥ {ਪੰਨਾ742}

• 2 weeks later...

All the Bachans above in the posts from the Bani are utmost beautifull and truly inspiring; so if allowed, I am also sharing one such Shabad with all of you. You may try to find it on the net to listen it.

This Shabad I have heard in the melodious voice of Bhai Amarjeet Singh Patiala Wale, it is a heart touching...well I am not going to say anything more, but leave you with the wordings, and hoping you pay an ear to this particular keertanee mentioned above:

Har charan kamal kee ttaek sathigur dhithee thus kai bal raam jeeo
The True Guru was satisfied with me, and blessed me with the Support of the Lord's Lotus Feet. I am a sacrifice to the Lord.

Har a(n)mrith bharae bha(n)ddaar sabh kishh hai ghar this kai bal raam jeeo
The Lord's Ambrosial Nectar is an overflowing treasure; everything is in His Home. I am a sacrifice to the Lord.

baabul maeraa vadd samarathhaa karan kaaran prabh haaraa
My Father is absolutely all-powerful. God is the Doer, the Cause of causes.

jis simarath dhukh koee n laagai bhoujal paar outhaaraa
Remembering Him in meditation, pain does not touch me; thus I cross over the terrifying world-ocean.

aadh jugaadh bhagathan kaa raakhaa ousathath kar kar jeevaa
In the beginning, and throughout the ages, He is the Protector of His devotees. Praising Him continually, I live.

Naanak Naam mehaa ras meet(h)aa anadhin man than peevaa
O Nanak, the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the sweetest and most sublime essence. Night and day, I drink it in with my mind and body

We can say, in just these few lines, Guru Jee summarizes, the whole essence of Gurmat

Waheguru .

Edited by harsharan000