~ Blessed Gurmukh Breathes His Last While Doing Kirtan-Vahiguru-Absolute Profound Emotional Video~

SAadmin

Raagi ji was singing this shabad upon releasing his prana and gone sachkhand in maharaj hazoori:

apunae t(h)aakur kee ho chaeree ||
I am the hand-maiden of my Lord and Master.

charan gehae jagajeevan prabh kae houmai maar nibaeree ||1|| rehaao ||
I have grasped the Feet of God, the Life of the world. He has killed and eradicated my egotism. ||1||Pause||

pooran param joth paramaesar preetham praan hamaarae ||
He is the Perfect, Supreme Light, the Supreme Lord God, my Beloved, my Breath of Life.

mohan mohi leeaa man maeraa samajhas sabadh beechaarae ||1||
The Fascinating Lord has fascinated my mind; contemplating the Word of the Shabad, I have come to understand. ||1||

manamukh heen hoshhee math jhoot(h)ee man than peer sareerae ||
The worthless self-willed manmukh, with false and shallow understanding - his mind and body are held in pain's grip.

jab kee raam ra(n)geelai raathee raam japath man dhheerae ||2||

Since I came to be imbued with the Love of my Beautiful Lord, I meditate on the Lord, and my mind is encouraged. ||2||

houmai shhodd bhee bairaagan thab saachee surath samaanee ||
Abandoning egotism, I have become detached. And now, I absorb true intuitive understanding.

akul nira(n)jan sio man maaniaa bisaree laaj luokaanee ||3||
The mind is pleased and appeased by the Pure, Immaculate Lord; the opinions of other people are irrelevant. ||3||

bhoor bhavikh naahee thum jaisae maerae preetham praan adhhaaraa ||
There is no other like You, in the past or in the future, O my Beloved, my Breath of Life, my Support.

har kai naam rathee sohaagan naanak raam bhathaaraa ||4||1||
The soul-bride is imbued with the Name of the Lord; O Nanak, the Lord is her Husband. ||4||1||

Indeed very powerful video its stark reminder how death can hit anyone in any moment. Death has profound power in its relative-sargun context. Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji reminds us over and over again to raise avastha/mindset of seeker- in sri dasam granth sahib ji that akaal purkh/maha kaal- destructive power- kal power spares no one this five elemental body belongs to kaal-destructive parkriti, once life parkriti run its course it will be gone... kal will totally swallow/consume it.

So really we have two choices - either we keep identifying ourselves with this body/mind keep going through this cycle of samsara- immense suffering pain of birth and death or follow sri guru gobind singh ji updesh- realize our real self-jot saroop by meditating on it/abiding in it

ਪੂਰਨ ਜੋਤ ਜਗੈ ਘਟ ਮੈ ਤਬ ਖਾਲਸ ਤਾਹਿ ਨਖਾਲਸ ਜਾਨੈ ॥
ਜਾਗਿਤ ਜੋਤਿ ਜਪੈ ਨਿਸ ਬਾਸ੝ਰ ਝਕ ਬਿਨਾ ਮਨ ਨੈਕ ਨ ਆਨੈ ॥
ਪੂਰਨ ਪ੝ਰੇਮ ਪ੝ਰਤੀਤ ਸਜੈ ਬ੝ਰਤ ਗੋਰ ਮੜ੝ਹੀ ਮਟ ਭੂਲ ਨ ਮਾਨੈ ॥
ਤੀਰਥ ਦਾਨ ਦਯਾ ਤਪ ਸੰਜਮ ਝਕ ਬਿਨਾ ਨਹਿ ਝਕ ਪਛਾਨੈ ॥
pooran joth jagai ghatt mai thab khalas thahi nakhalas janai.
jagith joth japai nis basur eaek bina man naik n anai.
pooran praem pratheeth sajai brath gor marrhee matt bhool n manai.
theerathh dhan dhaya thap sanjam eaek bina nehi eaek pashhanai.
Such a man, in whose heart shines the full Divinely Radiant Light is a true a pure Khalsa.
He the Khalsa meditates on the Ever-radiant Light, day and night, and rejects all else but the one Lord from the mind.
He decorates himself with perfect love and faith, and believed not in fasts, tombs, crematoriums and hermit cells, even by mistake.
He knows none except the one Lord in the performance of acts of pilgrimage, charities, compassion, austerities and self-control

I watched this video while I was in grieving process of my Daadi , who had passed away the same day.

This was very emotional and scary at the same time.

This led me to reading the translation of Garuda Purana. And some of the things mentioned in there are the ones that Guru Arjan Dev Ji Mentions specifically when The Jam Hits your head with a rod to wake you up.

But at the same time there is comfort in the power of Naam and Gurbani which carries us across this Bhavsagar.

A great reminder indeed, neo bhaji!