Akj And Tenth Master

But it DOES trace it's Rehet Maryada back to the original!

No it doesnt. It had fabricated it's own maryada based on what it views as Gurmat from the Sikh literature i.e. Rehatnamas. Any part of a rehatnama that reinforced what they feel Gurmat is, is claimed and others which don't meet with their views is sidelined.

Neither do the AKJ have full faith in 10th Guru's writings.

The reason Sants say certain things in a certain context directed towards specific people are because they want to teach the disciples until they are on their own and mature enough and can avoid downfalls.

LIving life as a student in a jatha, as a Bihangam or a householder are quite different.

This thread is getting ridiculous now

If a jatha has no history of existing during the Guru's times how can it claim to have a maryada that was created during the Guru's times. AKJ was founded in the 19th century.

AKJ keertan maryada is ridiculous

Edited by PAL 07

In all fairness, we have to give credit where is due, they follow aspect of gurmat which is parvan for example have some puratan roots-

- AKJ have puratan dastar style which style is off nihang order.

- Their old school puratan akhand kirtan is amazing

- Founder of AKJ - bhai sahib randhir singh ji had great kirpa when it comes to akhand kiratan and shabad surat, as bhai sahib ji was great master of shabad surat aspect of vahiguru

- Also naam dridh- intial sas gras simran vidhi seems puratan, its mentioned in prem sumarag granth as just intial vidhi in path of shabad surat marg, but current some akj members- labelling of puratan jog vidhiya/kriyas into very strict confined sikh eccentric made up names is quite laughable, hindu phobic and insecure and making it sound like naam-dridh intial shabad surat technique be all or end all is absolutely ridiculous.

How does the akj have puratan dastar? The puratan dastar is a gol dumala according to sant baba hari Singh and the nok dastar came into play when maharaja ranjit Singhs son wore it when the British told him... A puratan dastar has three things a bunga, keski and the dastar on top.. Guru gobind Singh Ji always kept a Sri sahib in their pavitaar dumala... Sant attar Singh mastuana vale always had a Sri sahib with them even if they never wore a gatra Sri sahib... They used to keep it in their dastar...

reads more like a propaganda item from their website.

All these guys from AKJ.org and associated sites are very shady, as a matter of fact, they're the farthest thing from Akhand Kirtani Jatha. They even plagued Tapoban's websites.

AKJ.org's Jathedar himself was chosen through a non-Gurmat style and since he's been in control, almost the Whole Jatha has gone in the gutter.

They reject Dasam Patshah's Bani, have a load of Ashiqs, Haram scandals, and trouble makers.

These guys aren't to be confused with Akhandkirtanijatha.org, who have rejected AKJ.org wale's Jathedar ( they split) and who have full faith in Dasam Pita's Bani (from Jap Sahib to Hikaaytan and beyond) and still maintain the Maryada regarding Kurehatees.

Due to AKJ.org's huge presence internationally, their resources, and their population, these Kurehatees, Bemukhs, Dasam Bani-nindhaks and Pakhandis have painted the image of everyone under the label of AKJ.

Lets not talking about jatha or organization members (leading to name or shaming), as it becomes too much rumorish, slippery slope, personal for lot of people, we can discuss ideology. No worries.

The problem is not the flocks of women around, the problem is the weak man's Mind and it's TEMPTATIONS.

The strength and purity is in the one that can walk through the red-light district of Amsterdam, totally unaffected or tempted and in doing so, maintains his innermost purity throughout the walk !

Bro, you are referring to a very high avastha. Have you heard of the sakhi of Baba Joga jee? Even after reaching such high spiritual levels, he was about to commit adultery with a prostitute. Not even a female acquaintance/friend, but a prostitute.

It is very easy to talk like a Brahamgyani, but hard to walk the talk.

I'm surprised that you think it takes a high avastha to be able to dampen all your kaam temptations.

It's not that difficult you know?...try it.

Keep your head down, avoid unneccesary eye contact with any female, keep jap reverberating within and see how you go.

I'm surprised that you think it takes a high avastha to be able to dampen all your kaam temptations.

It's not that difficult you know?...try it.

Keep your head down, avoid unneccesary eye contact with any female, keep jap reverberating within and see how you go.

Exactly veer, It almost seems everytime we get- it takes a high avastha to be able to control kaam temptations or takes high avastha to simply sway away from thoughts into some effort in abiding in shabad.... sorry to say it almost seems like cop out method preventing or depriving one self growth, self discovery, self reflection, self awareness and more important being totally honest/truthful to yourself and pursue to improve with truth and integrity. Basic root definition of sikh is learner, constant learning without imbalance self loathing etc..its acknowledgement, learning, discovery, improvement move on.

Exactly veer, It almost seems everytime we get- it takes a high avastha to be able to control kaam temptations or takes high avastha to simply sway away from thoughts into some effort in abiding in shabad.... sorry to say it almost seems like cop out method preventing or depriving one self growth, self discovery, self reflection, self awareness and more important being totally honest/truthful to yourself and pursue to improve with truth and integrity. Basic root definition of sikh is learner, constant learning without imbalance self loathing etc..its acknowledgement, learning, discovery, improvement move on.

I would agree.

I remember reading about 7 methods of avoiding Kaam which were really practical, and it wouldn't take a "high avastha" to abide by.

AKJ keertan maryada is ridiculous

How can you judge any maryada? Who are we to put our silly comments towards any jatha or taksal.Each organisation is started by great mahapurakhs of time,whether it's AKJ or DDT , when we look at kamai jeevan of these great men,we are not even equal to charan of these mahapurkhs.So,who are we to judge? Please justify the statement.On what kamai or Rabbi gyan one can say such rubbish about any samparda.

Such topics are really propagating wrong message of sikhi.I dont belong to any particular jatha.But I respect AKJ a lot coz of their high spiritual vichaars.So ,same I respect DDT or any jatha.After reading the entire thread(which I did nt want to),I must say SuCH DISCUSSION is ridiculous.Who are we to involve sants and to put our silly views about them.How can one comment about BAba Nand singh ji's principles.He was a GREATtttt mahapurkh,so It was their asool.So one shouldnt put their silly comments about any mahapurkh,unless he has such great buddhi or kamai equivalent to brahmgianis.

Just keep in mind.We are moorkh jeevas.We are not even wise enough to recognise any saint.so dont disrespect any saint even by mistake or in anjaanpuna.

"SANT KE DOKHI KO DARGEH MILAE SAJAE"