Dude blasts leaves by generating strong winds

BhagatSingh

It seems like from the above discussion that both the parties are NOT on the same page. Some of them have different understanding of powers and other have different point of view.

So, here is my take on this discussion:

1. Some just reject the idea of super-powers or ridhi-sidhis. They are wrong e.g If you stand on the road to the incoming traffic and close your eyes; it does NOT mean that no traffic is coming. Open your eyes.
  2. Some say that they do understand these powers exist or but they are not interested and they blame other persons (who has these powers) that they are going in wrong direction or something. These people do NOT see the whole picture, they do NOT know how this Universe works. They have very limited view. e.g Medical science do NOT recognize the Mind powers in general but they do believe in Placebo effect. Isn't that funny.
  3. Some understand the power of these ridhis-sidhis and spend their life on pursuit of it. The fail to understand that these powers are the indicators of some real Source and they just feel powerful with the shadow powers. These people are lost and in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji there are various tuks warning us NOT to be in this group.
  4. Yet some understand the whole picture that powers and their smaller siblings are just the natural stages of higher consciousness. It's just like wherever Sun goes, shadow follows. NOone can detach the Sun and Shadow. These people do try to remember that these powers could be used if necessary as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone's free-will. These people face the biggest issues because they are always torn between this vs that. This is a tendency which will lead them to either point number 3 or 5. Go for this.
  5. At last, there are people who are under the guidance of some Master/Guru who has already broken 3rd eye level and beyond. Their Guru guides them continously when to use and not to use these powers. From the above mentioned, I personally feel that the persons defined in point 2 and 3 are most difficult to deal with as they are so rigid in their stands and they neither understand the whole picture nor they have the capacity (at that time) to understand it.

What is Power?
It is just a shadow of the real power/spiritual. Just like shadow is to Sun. When someone reaches any higher stage, they are offered some ridhis-sidhis which are always at their disposal. They can use it or not, it's up to their free-will. But some people just identify the smaller powers to ridhis-sidhis; this is NOT correct. Ridhis-Sidhis are very hard to get, only after Conquering their corresponding owner. It's just like I mentioned on the other thread where people identify the smaller experiences of Mind to Conquering the Mind. There are numerous smaller power which are somewhat easy (comparable to ridhis-sidhis) to get.

Do we ever use a smaller power or What Guru Granth Sahib is recommending?
BabaJi says "Rab da Bana Mitha Mano" and do NOT try to fight it. Doesn't that mean if you're getting fever, then accept it and do NOT take medicine? Doesn't that mean do NOT do meditation or prayer for the sake of getting rid of your problems? Here most people will find out more than one reason and/or tuks to support that they should take medicine for physical problems and should do meditation, path, prayer for physical/mental/social/environmental problems. Isn't this hypocrisy? On one hand you're saying do NOT use the smaller powers as it is against Gurmat while on the other hand you're saying that you can use medicines (physical, energy, and spiritual) for your personal issues? Think about it.

Example-1:
Almost everyone is using medicines (physical, energetic, spiritual techniques).
Firstly ALL the healing comes from the ruler of this Universe; who is NOT God. Secondly, whenever we use medicines for OUR issues/problems, then we're fighting against the results of our previous deeds/karams because the diseases are just the results of previous karma. Here are we accepting the Bhana?

Example-2:
Many people resort to Meditation, Path with proper techniques to get rid of their physical/mental/environmental issues.
Here again, we're trying to fight against the results of OUR previous deeds. It's does NOT matter if we're doing path or meditation, we still have NOT understood that the problems are the results of our deeds and therefore we should do the Bhana mitha man. Think about it.

Example-3:
This universe is just the play of Mind and Maya and it happens with Energy, Time, and Space. Even the way, we place our furniture does affect number of factors which could be potential issues or powers. In other words, many people in this world are unconsciously (or higher powers are making them to) using some spiritual techniques for their problems. e.g Placing a Khanda on the person's photo in order to protect that person from negative entities. or visiting a Spiritual place on a particular day without any intention etc.

The above examples are more than enough to show us OUR real face that we are hypocrites where on one hand we're opposing the persons having smaller powers whereas we're using the same more smaller powers in our daily life. In the above, I'm NOT suggesting that you don't take medicine or therapy for your problems. At the same time, I'm also NOT suggesting to pursue the ridhis-sidhis or other smaller powers. I'm just trying to present the whole picture. It's just that the medicines have become the norm and we forgot from where the healing comes from?

Now, when someone (who are little in number as compared to normal people) tries to use the smaller powers (like healing, transferring the effects of karma etc.) we tag them as manmukhs because these people are using ridhis-sidhis and then blame them that they are doing path or meditation for the sake of getting powers. No, the reality is that because of concentration, path, meditation; they have got these powers (remember wherever God goes, his powers accompany Him; e.g Sun vs Shadow), and its not the other way around. So, it is said that one needs Guru who can guide us at each and every step. Secondly, these smaller powers are NOT ridhis-sidhis, Ridhis-Sidhis are much more that. These days people just tag any smaller power (which they cannot understand with so-called Science) tag them as Ridhis-Sidhis which is wrong. Eventually, these smaller powers would lead to Ridhis-Sidhis but at this time these are just the powers of concentrated mind.

If one has learned some techniques and got some powers (smaller or even Ridhis-Sidhis) then there is NO harm in those AS LONG AS the person understands the whole picture and is within God's command and is looking beyond these powers. e.g There are many people who have numerous powers and they are benefiting the whole mankind, they are NOT using those powers as boost to their ego or personal benefit. For some people, these powers prove to be very good because they think that if these shadow powers can be so powerful, how much powerful will the Source be. So, they increase their meditation to look for the Source.

Edited by das

Onpathtosikhi,
ਕਰਿ ਹੈ ਰਾਮੁ ਹੋਇ ਹੈ ਸੋਇ ॥
Whatever Ram does, that's what happens.

Das, absolutely wicked post! Thanks for taking the time to zoom out and present the big picture. I'll share more thoughts on it as they come.

Ragmaala, nice video! That is definitely interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Here's the video of Michael Grubb releasing rain.

Are you seriously telling me david blaine, and bunch of tricksters, has ridhiyan sidhiyan?

​David did that "famous" elevation thing as well.

Coming onto this control of air thing, did anyone seen this Derren Brown thing when he went to the dojo and knocked students over even though he was about a foot or two away from them?

Edited by chatanga1

I mentioned this to a Malaysian colleague who practiced TaiChi. He was having trouble finding an authentic teacher in Brum a few years ago. He told me that he has seen this air manipulation stuff in Malaysia as well.

Interesting. How do you think Derren works out what people are thinking?

​David did that "famous" elevation thing as well.

Coming onto this control of air thing, did anyone seen this Derren Brown thing when he went to the dojo and knocked students over even though he was about a foot or two away from them?

Link to David's elevation thing?

I have seen that one by Derren Brown, as well as most of his stuff. I used to be a big fan of his work a long time ago when I didn't believe such things were possible. So I had no idea how he might be doing it. now I think I have a better understanding.
That said, as impressive as that video is, It's hard to know if its a one-off thing or if that will be the result consistently across the board because he hasn't really repeated that across a bigger sample.

What I like about Michael is not only his ability to consistently repeat and demonstrate but also teaching others and seeing results there as well.

Here is teaching energy transfer to students, and they seem to be able to pull it off pretty well.

​I would also agree on this.

Per Gurbani:

ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਸਭੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਹੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਵਸੈ ਮਨਿ ਆਇ ॥:

​There are many verses in Gurbani, which indicate that supernatural powers exist with Brahamgyanis.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਨਉ ਨਿਧਿ ॥

In the remembrance of God are wealth, miraculous spiritual powers and the nine treasures.

ਨਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਰਿਧਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰੈ ॥

My Lord, Har, Har, Har, is the nine treasures, the supernatural spiritual powers of the Siddhas, wealth and prosperity.

ਤੇਤੀਸ ਕਰੋੜੀ ਦਾਸ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਰੇ ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਪ੍ਰਾਣ ਅਧਾਰੀ ॥

Three hundred thirty million gods are Your servants. You bestow wealth, and the supernatural powers of the Siddhas; You are the Support of the breath of life.

ਨਵ ਨਿਧਿ ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਹਰਿ ਲਾਗਿ ਰਹੀ ਜਨ ਪਾਈ ॥੧

The nine treasures, riches and the miraculous spiritual powers of the Siddhas cling to the feet of the Lord's humble servant. ||1||

ਅਠਾਰਹ ਸਿਧੀ ਪਿਛੈ ਲਗੀਆ ਫਿਰਨਿ ਨਿਜ ਘਰਿ ਵਸੈ ਨਿਜ ਥਾਇ ॥

The Siddhis-the eighteen supernatural spiritual powers-follow in my footsteps; I dwell in my own home, within my own self.

ਨਉ ਨਿਧਿ ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਪਾਈ ਜੋ ਤੁਮਰੈ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵਨਾ ॥੫

The nine treasures, wealth and miraculous spiritual powers are obtained, by one who is pleasing to Your mind. ||5||

ਜਾ ਕਉ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਰਿਦੈ ਬੁਧਿ ॥

Those Gurmukhs whose hearts are filled with wisdom,

ਤਾ ਕੈ ਕਰ ਤਲ ਨਵ ਨਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ॥੧

hold the nine treasures, and the miraculous spiritual powers of the Siddhas in the palms of their hands. ||1||

ਨਵ ਨਿਧਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਦਾਸੀ ॥

The Naam is the wealth of the nine treasures; prosperity and supernatural spiritual powers are His slaves.

Bhul chuk maaf

What?

​Read the tuks Paapiman posted.

We read it in Sukhmani sahib -
ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਨਉ ਨਿਧਿ ॥
Ridhiyan Sidhiyan and 9 Nidhiyan are obtained from the simran of Prabhu.
ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਤਤੁ ਬੁਧਿ ॥
Knowledge, focused meditation and essential wisdom are obtained from the simran of Prabhu.

​Read the tuks Paapiman posted.

I did. So I don't understand what he is trying to convey and what you are keen on justifying. What is Gurbani's message to the nonsense you are posting. It is one thing to just exhibit individual interest in such hocus-pocus and another thing to pass it as a norm. 

Nice try, though I did not get what you are trying to convey.

​Superhuman powers do exist with people who have done plenty of meditation. It depends on the person, how he/she uses them. One can use them to show-off or to do mercy on fellow humans.

Bhul chuk maaf

Good topic!

It's all about Mind and energies............the telekinesis is just one skill that can be obtained..

It's interesting and eye opening when one tries to play with their own energies and try to redirect them.

I always thought that the sukhmani sahib tuks about riddi sddis are their to tell us that these are just some of the 'confirmation nishanees/insignias'  that are encountered on the prabh ka simran path.

as long as you use them to feed the 5 dhuts....I think it's absolutely fine.

I'm just amazed at the magnitude of energies that the guy created with only very short periods of focus!

Edited by Lucky

watched "Derren Brown Russian Roulette" last night.

some of the stuff and how he was testing people based on the most casual things and being correct was brilliant.

Also he looked at someone and drew a very similiar picture that the person had.

Can people read or decipher energy waves coming from other people?

Can people read or decipher energy waves coming from other people?

​Yes,..and with practice they can learn whether to trust/distrust and feel negative/positive intentions from other person.