Dude blasts leaves by generating strong winds

BhagatSingh

​This is exactly the trap I am talking about. Now you are saying one should recite Gurbani to read people's mind? Or reading people's mind will be easy?

​Bro, I did not say, one should read Gurbani to read people's mind. The fact is -- the skill to read people's mind is attained by reading Gurbani. One starts attaining spiritual powers, as one moves up the spiritual ladder. It is up to the person, how he uses these powers.

Bhul chuk maaf

What I am trying to say is that for those on the spiritual journey, such things are mere distractions.

​Spiritual powers will become distractions, if one uses them under the influence of any vice (vikars, ego, jealously, duality, etc). If used, out of mercy, they will not be a distraction.

Bhul chuk maaf

​from thoughts only? with no or little physical interaction beforehand?

​Some spiritually high people can just look at a person (for the first time) and know about them.

Amazing power of Gurbani - Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev jee Maharaaj

Bhul chuk maaf

​Easier said then done. Ever heard of Lachman Das?

​Bro, I do agree, it is not easy. But the fact will not change --- the more you will recite Gurbani, the more powers will come to you. One will have to learn the bidhi (technique) to take care of such powers.

Bhul chuk maaf

​So guru sahibs telling us not to be distracted by greed, kaam, krodh, etc that's not really hard, ridhiyan sidhiyan are hard?

​Singh saab, one will have to agree that keeping such powers under control will not be very easy. The five demons will try to incite the human mind, to use these powers for selfish motives.

Bhul chuk maaf

​Singh saab, one will have to agree that keeping such powers under control will not be very easy. The five demons will try to incite the human mind, to use these powers for selfish motives.

Bhul chuk maaf

​You guys are blowing this way out of proportion. There's a reason why Guru sahibs are always warning about kaam krodh moh etc, there is a reason why ahankar is referred to as a deerag rog in Guru Granth Sahib, as the most ill of all diseases.

Can you guys see your ahankar as you sit here?

If yes you have made great strides. But if not then that's what you need to work on. Ahankar is going to be hardest thing to overcome. Not distraction from ridhiyan sidhiyan, not distraction from the ability to make pots out of clay. Ridhiyan sidhiyan is just like mastery in an skill or craft. It's like making utensils out of clay. The thing you need to worry about most is ahankar.

too right ...riddi siddis are peanuts compared to other stuff...They are essential and part of the package because it's all about mind control and connecting with energies. However, that's where it stops and you make sure you don't use them to inflate ego or get moh.

Using the energy connections for self spiritual healing is absolutely fine in my opinion providing it is for self and you are not making gains from others.

Edited by Lucky

You need Ahankar otherwise you'd be dead. Aham means I and Kara means to do. Ahamkar is the I-Maker, without this you can't act. The type of mukti where you have no ahamkaar means you are finished, gone. All Saints that help humanity have some Ahamkaar. Why are you villanising Ahamkaar he is our friend?? He just needs a friendly slap now and then.

Using an iphone is a riddhi siddhi, using the internet is riddhi siddhi so is driving a car, the only difference with this guy is that his riddhi siddhi is internal whereas our riddhi siddhi's are external.

Internal riddhi siddhis have to do with the power of magnetism, animal magnetism. Like a magnet you can attract forces. Franz Mesmer discovered this force and healed many people inthe 19th century but his ideas were subsequently ridiculed.Riddhi siddhi is advance Vigyaan- Science.

You need Ahankar otherwise you'd be dead. Aham means I and Kara means to do. Ahamkar is the I-Maker, without this you can't act. The type of mukti where you have no ahamkaar means you are finished, gone. All Saints that help humanity have some Ahamkaar. Why are you villanising Ahamkaar he is our friend?? He just needs a friendly slap now and then.

​Bro, your point makes sense, but the amount of Ahankaar present in Saints is very very minute. It is just enough to survive in this world and perform actions for parupkaar.

For ordinary people like me, a bit more Ahankaar is needed for survival. For example, in a job interview, some of the answers will require one to exhibit some level of Ahankaar. Similar scenario will be encountered at a workplace.

We must try to keep it down as much as possible, by doing plenty of naam simran.

Bhul chuk maaf

If one uses Ridhiyan-Sidhiyan*, for welfare of humanity, by being desire-less, it will be accepted in Gurmat.

If one uses them for any selfish motives, it would be classified as anti-Gurmat.

Whenever a person is in doubt, ask SSGGSJ, before using any spiritual powers. Srimaan 108 Sant Gyani Gurbachan Singh jee Khalsa Bhindranwale, used to take hukamnama, even before doing ardaas for anyone.

* - Talking about Ridhiyan-Sidhiyan, which are mentioned in Varan of Bhai Saab Bhai Gurdas jee Maharaaj

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

I remember being told that Guru Tegh Bahadur turned down the opportunity to perform showy miracles when they were about to be beheaded saying they were cheap tricks of conjurers and magicians.

​If aurangazeb had 'utmost humility and love', he would not have asked for a miracle. Don't fall in this trap.

Believing in miracles is anti-gurmat.

​Below is the miracle performed by ninth master.

Note - Pir Jee below refers to ninth master

A person among the bystanders uttered, "Pir Jee, you have pronounced that the miracle is the epitome of calamity. I realized that a holy man endures according to His Will and never wanted to display the resplendence. Pir Jee your time is approaching, please show us some miracle now when you are proceeding on your way (to heaven) so that the audience is convinced that Pir Jee is not devoid of mysterious power but did not want to interfere with Godly doings." All-knowing Satguru Jee, looked at him and said "I have not shown any miracle, but on your request we will demonstrate it. Dear friend, if you want to see a miracle, then go and get some water from the well so that I can sprinkle water on my body and face. Ask the Qazi to get some thread and tie it around my neck. You will observe later that the assassin's sword won't cut the thread and paper" 

Unquote [1]

Later....

With folded hands, bent his head and the assassin assaulted with the sword. The head was cut off from the body but the thread was not damaged. The entire gathering was astonished.

Unquote [1]

[1] - Guru Kian Saakhian

Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Tegh Bahadar Sahib jee Maharaaj

Bhul chuk maaf