Poison cannot kill a Brahamgyani

paapiman

9 hours ago, paapiman said:
14 hours ago, IJJSingh said:

Amardeep ji,

Unwittingly, you may be falsely accusing Sukhdev Bindra of deception.  If you are inferring that he is Cdnsikhgirl based solely on an IP address, you may have reached a wrong conclusion.

Organizations do not expose IP addresses of workstations inside their network.  Thousands of employees inside the network of an organization punch out to internet using one or a small handful of IP addresses.  Both Cdnsikhgirl and Sukhdev work for Govt of Canada.  If either of them use their workstation to post a message, you will not see their individual IP, instead you will see IP address of Govt of Canada's proxy server at the external firewall.

Hope this helps to clear a misunderstanding.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

As far as Daas knows (might be wrong), Cdnsikhgirl is based in Halifax (Nova Scotia), not Ottawa.

Is that (whatever you said) still possible?

Bhul chuk maaf

Yes, Government of Canada offices in all cities will be on a single network, and very likely a single punch-out to the public internet for all of the Canadian cities.  I work for a multi-national with offices in over 80 countries with over 150,000 employees.  The whole corporation is on a single internal network.  We have one public internet access point per country.  For example, all Canadian employees regardless of the their work cities would appear on a single IP address to an outsider.

8 hours ago, IJJSingh said:

Yes, Government of Canada offices in all cities will be on a single network, and very likely a single punch-out to the public internet for all of the Canadian cities.  I work for a multi-national with offices in over 80 countries with over 150,000 employees.  The whole corporation is on a single internal network.  We have one public internet access point per country.  For example, all Canadian employees regardless of the their work cities would appear on a single IP address to an outsider.

If that is the case then I do apologize.

22 hours ago, paapiman said:

What is wrong with that translation? It seems right.

That's the problem with some of Prof Sahib's translations. They seem right to an untrained eye, however in actuality, they are quite wrong, and lead to wrong understanding of verses, individual lines. On a larger scale, they accumulate and lead to the wrong understanding of the author's belief system. This lead me to create the Botched Translations Series.

I'll give you an example of a verse Prof Sahib translates incorrectly. This will be the next botched translation in the series.

ਥਾਲ ਵਿਚਿ ਤਿੰਨਿ ਵਸਤੂ ਪਈਓ ਸਤੁ ਸੰਤੋਖੁ ਵੀਚਾਰੋ ॥
ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਕਾ ਪਇਓ ਜਿਸ ਕਾ ਸਭਸੁ ਅਧਾਰੋ ॥

Can you spot the inaccuracy in his translation of this shabad?

Can you see the correct translation of this shabad and how it is different to Prof Sahib's translation?

On 4/20/2016 at 1:30 PM, BhagatSingh said:

Yes many shabads do have multiple interpretations but at the same time not all interpretations are equally correct. I am all for having multiple interpretations that increase understanding but I am also against wrong interpretations that change the nature of what Guru Sahib was trying to convey.

Give me example of one Saint or a Saint-Scholar, who has rejected the literal meaning of the below verse.

ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਬਿਖੁ ਖਾਟੀ ॥

By whose favour, the sour poison has become Nectar.

Bhul chuk maaf

First Meaning:

By whose grace, the poison has become Nectar.

Second Meaning:

By whose grace, both joy (Amrit) and sorrow (Bhikh) seem to the same

Third Meaning:

By whose grace, Amrit has been extracted/obtained from this poisonous (full of vices) world

Fourth Meaning:

By whose grace, the sweet Maya has become bitter

Please share more arths.

Bhul chuk maaf

18 hours ago, paapiman said:

First Meaning:

By whose grace, the poison has become Nectar.

Second Meaning:

By whose grace, both joy (Amrit) and sorrow (Bhikh) seem to the same

Third Meaning:

By whose grace, Amrit has been extracted/obtained from this poisonous (full of vices) world

Fourth Meaning:

By whose grace, the sweet Maya has become bitter

Please share more arths.

Bhul chuk maaf

Fifth Meaning (might be wrong on this one)

By whose grace, sorrow (Bhikh) appears to be joy (Amrit)

Bhul chuk maaf

Guest Sukhdev Bindra

I am still confused at what happened, but this site seems not so friendly. First one member said he will not respond to guest posts because ethey disagree with him, and then I was accused of being someone else (I think) and if you were basing it on IP then that is entirely possible as I was using work computer. But I noticed something if you allow anonymous posts then why would someone have to post who they are? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of being anonymous? What if someone wanted to post something that is a hard topic to speak about, and didn't want to associate to their usual identity on here because of fear of backlash? That's just one problem I see.  But I have been looking at some topics on this site and seems like everyone here are filled with hatred. It seems anyone who disagrees with anyone else has to push their own agenda or call people names if they disagree or even like above user paapiman said he would no longer respond to and ignore guests posts because he disagrees with them. This place seems very narrow minded, only one view point is allowed and anyone who disagrees are bullied.  I came here hoping to find a good place for discussion but I don't think I will be coming back. 

Sukhdev

14 hours ago, Guest Sukhdev Bindra said:

I am still confused at what happened,

Basically Amardeep (moderator) thought you were someone else because your IP address matched that other person who was causing mischief.

Realizing his mistake, Amardeep (moderator) apologized.

On 2016-04-23 at 5:35 PM, amardeep said:

14 hours ago, Guest Sukhdev Bindra said:

I came here hoping to find a good place for discussion but I don't think I will be coming back. 

Bye Bye

As for the poison mentioned in Gurbani I do agree with Bhagat Singh Jis interpretation and not the original posters. It's not speaking about turning literal physical poison into literal amrit. Its not speaking of some magical powers. I think it's speaking of that ability that exists in all of us to see beyond the illusion.  To me, duality is necessary for us to realize the divine. We can only do so from this vantage point, never from the vantage point of oneness. So instead of remaining separated, focus on using the means we were given to find that divine not. Hence, the poison (Maya) becomes Amrit. Gurbani says we were given this body for this chance to meet Waheguru.  So this existence in duality was obviously necessary. 

2 hours ago, Koi said:

Why can it not be physical as well? I.e. why can't Gurbani turn poison in to amrit? 

Because reciting Gurbani with intent to turn poison into amrit would (as in physical posion like cyanide or something) would be like trying to practice black magic or something. At very least it would definitely be ritual which our Gurus got us away from.  Sikhi is pragmatic. Its not about superstitions and supernatural.  The spiritual aspect is inherent in humans but trying to mess with nature is going against his hukam. Cyanide was made a poison for a reason. No human reciting Gurbani over it will ever change that fact. 

But if you feel it can, then please grab a video camera, put some poison in a cup and recite some gurbani and then drink it on video.  That will clear all of our doubts I am sure!

Sometimes I think we are going backward back to Hindu fold with all these superstitious claims. 

5 hours ago, JasperS said:

Because reciting Gurbani with intent to turn poison into amrit would (as in physical posion like cyanide or something) would be like trying to practice black magic or something. At very least it would definitely be ritual which our Gurus got us away from.  Sikhi is pragmatic. Its not about superstitions and supernatural.  The spiritual aspect is inherent in humans but trying to mess with nature is going against his hukam. Cyanide was made a poison for a reason. No human reciting Gurbani over it will ever change that fact. 

But if you feel it can, then please grab a video camera, put some poison in a cup and recite some gurbani and then drink it on video.  That will clear all of our doubts I am sure!

Sometimes I think we are going backward back to Hindu fold with all these superstitious claims. 

Every spiritual traditions in the world have extra ordinary events which is beyond conditioned mind. so whats really is not pragmatic is conditioned mind of individual who like confine things in certain organized conceptual form or belief system that to me is very devoid of being pragmatic as its confined in conditioned mind which isnt open or receptivity to infinite possibilities or give  room for infinite possibilities in realm of infinite expanse of consciousness, the eternal possibility, the immeasurable potential.

Many miracles are acknowledged by science too like how consciousness is moving matters. Not every thing is black and white. Next time obviously people would have doubts on actual amrit ceremony of five heads cut off and bought back life again and baba deep singh ji fighting with his head cut off.

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2016 at 10:22 AM, Rock said:

In order to understand more on the physical/literal aspect of Poison turning into Amrit one should do some research on Vissuddhi Chakra, Bhuta Shuddhi or Mastery of 5 elements or Alchemy.

Bro, can you (or anyone else) please provide some information about these terms?

On 4/23/2016 at 5:35 PM, amardeep said:

Daas apologizes to Sukhdev Bindra and CdnSikhGirl for the confusion.

Bhul chuk maaf

4 hours ago, paapiman said:

Daas apologizes to Sukhdev Bindra and CdnSikhGirl for the confusion.

It's too late, we lost them. They waited and waited and waited for your sorry but their ears and eyes went numb while waiting. Two months...I mean  Two crazy months bro they are enough to lose people over a sorry. But you don't worry, atleast you said sorry. Sure we lost them but new people will be sent on this forum and you can say sorry to them . Don't lose hope, we all with you .