Rice experiment- Thoughts/words( 30 days)

GurpreetKaur

I understand what the water experiments were but wondering what is supposed to happen to cooked rice... they obviously can't germinate or sprout.  I suppose one could go bad quicker than the other... What do you think (or hope) will happen??  I have seen another version of this with plants and watching how they grow under similar circumstances. 

2 hours ago, Satkirin_Kaur said:

It's actually kind of funny because I had used that painting as wallpaper on my phone for ages and didn't realize he was the artist! Actually there are many paintings of the male role models in Sikhi but not enough of the female role models so it's good that he painted such a powerful photo of Mai Bhago... A lady who 'disobeyed' her husband telling her to stay home and clean the house, to go fight and led 40 men back into battle to be shaheed. And then became body guard of Guru Ji! :) so even though Bhagat Singh Ji wants an obedient puppy for a wife, he still managed to paint such a powerful image of Mai Bhago. Such irony!! And it's actually my fav painting of her to date! 

You are being incredibly rude. (In case you are wondering why it's rude - You derailed, first, the sikh jokes thread, then wife cheating thread thread, now you are derailing this one. And that's only in the past week or so and only those threads that I have read.)

Also I don't appreciate you misrepresenting my position. It is a misrepresentation because even though we are both using the word 'obedient', what we mean are two different things. What you are claiming about my use of the term is wrong and I don't appreciate it when you distort my words.

Despite evidence to the contrary you choose to interpret the word 'obedient' in a negative way. I paint images of strong female characters. You could have easily interpreted my words in the context of my work. The least you could have done was give benefit of the doubt. The way I see it, you are choosing to interpret the word with your head lodged firmly up feminism's behind and pointing out ironies where they do not exist.

"obedient puppy"?

The real irony here is that you completely ignored that Mai Bhago ji was in fact being completely obedient to the Guru. The Chali Mukte were also being obedient to Mai Bhago ji and Guru Sahib.

Therefore -
You are implying that Mai Bhago ji was an "obedient puppy".

You are implying that the Chali Mukte were "obedient puppies" for obeying Mai Bhago ji.

You are also implying that the Chali Mukte were being virtuous when they were being disobedient towards Guru Gobind Singh ji.

You are also implying that when we obey someone whom we trust and respect, are we being "obedient puppies".

All of this is implied by what you are saying and it is absolutely ridiculous to suggest his. There is no reason to think that being obedient makes someone an "obedient puppy".

Furthermore, there is no evidence of Mai Bhago ji being disobedient to any of her family members. I see this as you making things up to further your agenda.

It's one thing to poison forum threads, but IMO you are going to a whole new level trying to poison Sikh history as well, and I don't appreciate that either.

1 hour ago, BhagatSingh said:

You are being incredibly rude. (In case you are wondering why it's rude - You derailed, first, the sikh jokes thread, then wife cheating thread thread, now you are derailing this one. And that's only in the past week or so and only those threads that I have read.)

Also I don't appreciate you misrepresenting my position. It is a misrepresentation because even though we are both using the word 'obedient', what we mean are two different things. What you are claiming about my use of the term is wrong and I don't appreciate it when you distort my words.

Despite evidence to the contrary you choose to interpret the word 'obedient' in a negative way. I paint images of strong female characters. You could have easily interpreted my words in the context of my work. The least you could have done was give benefit of the doubt. The way I see it, you are choosing to interpret the word with your head lodged firmly up feminism's behind and pointing out ironies where they do not exist.

"obedient puppy"?

The real irony here is that you completely ignored that Mai Bhago ji was in fact being completely obedient to the Guru. The Chali Mukte were also being obedient to Mai Bhago ji and Guru Sahib.

Therefore -
You are implying that Mai Bhago ji was an "obedient puppy".

You are implying that the Chali Mukte were "obedient puppies" for obeying Mai Bhago ji.

You are also implying that the Chali Mukte were being virtuous when they were being disobedient towards Guru Gobind Singh ji.

You are also implying that when we obey someone whom we trust and respect, are we being "obedient puppies".

All of this is implied by what you are saying and it is absolutely ridiculous to suggest his. There is no reason to think that being obedient makes someone an "obedient puppy".

Furthermore, there is no evidence of Mai Bhago ji being disobedient to any of her family members. I see this as you making things up to further your agenda.

It's one thing to poison forum threads, but IMO you are going to a whole new level trying to poison Sikh history as well, and I don't appreciate that either.

"You are also implying that when we obey someone whom we trust and respect, are we being "obedient puppies"."

Hmm so if you respect and  trust your wife you will obey her as well?  Please answer this because it definitely matters! 

-----

You made it abundantly clear earlier that men are the ones who need obedient wives, and not the other way around. What I am making joke of is the fact that anyone claiming to 'need' someone to obey them. So yes I am poking fun.  Nobody NEEDS someone to obey them.  Mai Bhago yes she obeyed Guru... that's different as Guru Ji IS in authoriy over all of us equally.  A husband is NOT in authority over his wife as both are equal partners in marriage.  I do what I can to do what my husband asks of me. But NOT because I see him as an authority over me or because he as a man is higher status than me.  And similarly he will also do the same for me!  If I am doing what he asks of me, he better well be doing the same for me too when I ask things of him! 

In the story I read about Mai Bhagi her father first discouraged her learning to fight, and then her husband told her that her place was at home and not fighting.  She eventually 'disobeyed' these to go fight and lead those men back to battle. btw I do love your painting of her!!! You are an amazing artist (our disagreements aside).

If what you meant to say was not 'obedience' but mutual respect for each other than please correct yourself. But you did say husbands NEED their wives to be obedient. You didn't say anything about wives needing their husbands to also be obedient.  So you intimated obedience is only one way - wife to husband. Which is extremely unfair to the wife in that sort of arrangement.  And until you either correct what you meant or retract the statement that anyone NEEDS obedience of someone else... then I will continue to poke fun. 

@Satkirin_Kaur

The answer to your first question is Yes.  Go back and reread my last post on the cheating wife thread.

Anyhow, you don't seem to understand that constantly derailing threads and unnecessarily provoking forum members on different threads around the forums is extremely rude behaviour. It is disrespectful to the forum members and it puts you in bad light.

Please argue what you need to argue in the appropriate thread that is designated for it. Thanks.

@N30 S!NGH Please explain what the forum rules are to Satkirin. Thank you.

Back to rice experiment.  

What do you hope / think you will see regards to the outcome?  I understand the water one, and also the one with plants growing. But I'm not too sure what's supposed to happen with cooked rice. Just interested to know what is supposed to happen? What do you think will happen?

I have seen the plants one too where from seedling all the same rate of growth and the ones given love etc grew much faster and taller and healthy while the 'hated' ones failed to grow. They were both receiving same amount of light and water.  Actually come to think of it I think it was the water that was hated or loved and then given to the plants... But the growth was what they were expecting to observe. 

2 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

Agreed!

8 minutes ago, Satkirin_Kaur said:

You're the one actually derailing this topic lol and you don't even realize it haha

No, you started it to be honest lol.. You brought the obedient thing and he made a joke about rice jar, instead of starting an argument. Then you said the obedient puppy thing, which is not very nice. In the last topic you had your last words when ragmaala ji said let's peace out on this topic, he let it go over there too lol. 

58 minutes ago, N30 S!NGH said:

lol sorry bro, will enforce rules shortly ..probably tom..dont feel like it today..lol

35 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

I love when people point out my mistakes and if that punch me on the face, I know I am wrong lol. Audience is always a good judge.lol 

Haha!

Gurpreet your comment reminded me of a sketch by comedian Louis CK.

Them chol be chillin.. Okay, I will get serious now. Lol

Usually jar with the hate word or negative thoughts go bad quicker than the other. Last time the jar with "love" word on it remained like freshly boiled rice and hate jar changed it's texture. 

They will start changing their texture within a week or two since it's super cold here and I am a penguin so I like my room to stay cold rather than warm. 

The only thing I want is that, I want the Gurbani jar to win. I am not saying I don't believe in Gurbani, that's the only thing that got me out of so much when I tried everything. Maybe, if it worked the way I want it to be, some beginner might see this and be like yup guru di bani does have a lot of power. Plus, my nephew just turned one and got all the materialistic  people in my Family, maybe I can show them how thoughts/ words impact our lives. I  will get ph paper and wanna see how water's ph level changes if it does. 

image.jpg

19 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

@Satkirin_Kaur

The answer to your first question is Yes.  Go back and reread my last post on the cheating wife thread.

Anyhow, you don't seem to understand that constantly derailing threads and unnecessarily provoking forum members on different threads around the forums is extremely rude behaviour. It is disrespectful to the forum members and it puts you in bad light.

Please argue what you need to argue in the appropriate thread that is designated for it. Thanks.

Apologize to the sangat for going off-topic.

There has been suspicious Guest activity on this forum too. These guests have a very similar writing style and thought process to a registered member. It might be this lady). Other members have also mentioned her name, indicating that she is a possible culprit.

N30 Paaji/Other admins - Please deal with this unethical/deceptive behavior with a heavy hand. This kind of behavior will set a wrong precedent for current and future members.

Bhul chuk maaf

16 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Apologize to the sangat for going off-topic.

There has been suspicious Guest activity on this forum too. These guests have a very similar writing style and thought process to a registered member. It might be this lady (Satkirin). Other members have also mentioned her name, indicating that she is a possible culprit.

N30 Paaji/Other admins - Please deal with this unethical/deceptive behavior with a heavy hand. This kind of behavior will set a wrong precedent for current and future members.

Bhul chuk maaf

We have IP match feature, so thanks for your concern. We do cross check each guest post ip address with our register member ip address to ensure there are no duplications. As far as your personal attack against satkiran goes, it won't be tolerated going fwd as she usually post her name at the end of guest post if she cannot login to the forum. 

4 hours ago, paapiman said:

Back to the rice:

So expect to see the hate rice go bad quicker than the love rice? Hmm I might try this same sort of experiment with plants. I'll get three small pots, seeds and soil and do the same thing but watch how they grow. They will all get equal water and sunlight but I'll play Kirtan for one, another I'll play hate metal and third will get no sound interaction directed at it. Do I think I should?? I'm curious now after this thread to see the effect of Kirtan on their growth. I can't do it till next week though because I'm still pretty wallled up in my apartment recovering from the surgery.