Rice experiment- Thoughts/words( 30 days)

GurpreetKaur

Time for a real story guys:

When my dad was little, we used to have a Mango tree in our backyard. It was still small & young. Over time this mango tree dried up. At the same time, Karsewa of Dukh Nivaran Patiala Sarovar was going on. My daadi asked my dad to go get some mud from the sarovar & bring it home. My dad went to the gurdwara, did some karsewa, and wrapped the mud in a cloth, and brought it home on a cycle.  That mud was fed to the mango tree. Within few days, the dried up plant againt went green , had sprouts, and gave off season mangoes which was a miracle. Over the few years, I had a chance to enjoy many mangoes from the same tree, It was a dussheri mango. :)

So there is never any doubt in my mind about Gurbani makes anything Amrit.

We are 70% water...we become amrit everyday :)

I think, as soon as I can get out of my place and get  a bit more mobile, I'll try growing plants and doing kirtan for one and death metal for the other.  

But I can't do till next week... I tried to get my mail last night, which is 5 floors down (no elevator) big mistake. Getting down was not the bad part... took me 30 mins to get back up.  And when I did, my incisions felt like fire, and gravity pulling down on them felt like my stomach was trying to pull out of my body. I'm not quite ready to go out and about yet.  But I'll try this next week.... biggest obstacle will be the cat leaving the plants alone! LOL

1 hour ago, GurpreetKaur said:

No elevator with 5 floor building???...sue them lol 

Yeah... but there is an entrance that's only 2 floors down (building is on a hill).  Anyway I wont over exert too much this week.

Maybe I will try do the kirtan myself.. on guitar what do you think? That might actually be worse than the death metal hahaha.  I am not perfect at pronouncing gurbani yet. Case in point it was pointed out to me lastnight that in the shabad hao bal bal jao... that even though it sounds like acapella jatha pronounce it bal-eee bal-eee jao, its supposed to be bal-a or more like a short e at the end. How am I supposed to know this stuff? And especially when acapella jatha SOUNDS like they are saying bal-ee ??? :( But I digress.

I will start plants next week!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...