Blog: Vegruary- A month of vegetarianism

dalsingh101

Late brunch. Didn't have time for breakfast so had this:

3 LM veg sausages chopped up into a herb and tomato sauce and some curly fries + some Red Leicester cheese.  

DSCF0511.thumb.JPG.9484d11fef967d7c93a6d

I know it looks carby but bear in mind the sausages alone give this 33g of protein! Sauce (from a jar) was a bit acidic though. Had a green tea straight after.

@Ragmaala

Brother, you need to get some portion control going on! That last meal.... Bad enough about the bread but having 2 sandwiches!?!?

If you had to, should've at least stuck to one. Plus, try to get your carbs in before you train, not late in the evening. That way you'll get to use them up when you train. lol

You live and you learn. 

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

Brother, you need to get some portion control going on! That last meal.... Bad enough about the bread but having 2 sandwiches!?!?

Thanks. Yeah, it was bit too much, I would stick to 1 sandwich but look at all goodies I took in with that sandwich lol that was my thinking...but I cant seem to find anything to replace that last meal with :/

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

Plus, try to get your carbs in before you train, not late in the evening.

will keep that in mind, for instance I had 1 sweet potato pre-workout so I think that was good. But yea no carbs in late evening hmm.

Need to find ways to satisfy my hunger with other ways.  

2 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Late brunch. Didn't have time for breakfast so had this:

3 LM veg sausages chopped up into a herb and tomato sauce and some curly fries + some Red Leicester cheese.  

DSCF0511.thumb.JPG.9484d11fef967d7c93a6d

I need to learn some cheese dishes hmm   will be filling and good source of protein

2 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

I need to learn some cheese dishes hmm   will be filling and good source of protein

Mate I regretted the above choice very soon after eating it. Felt sluggish/lethargic afterwards for hours because of the curly fries. That budget tomato sauce I picked up was way too acidic too...

Epic fail.

Doh!!!

Edited by dalsingh101

breakie..cerial, fresh juice.cha(ritual)...luch-basil and tomato pasta and some fruit..dinner-..veg pizza and potato vedges, after training will treat myself to cake and custard..lol

@Ragmaala..your second meal is pretty good..its just your pranteh in the morning make me chuckle a little..lol..but like you say you have cut down...so for now, progression not perfection.. good stuff

how training coming on??

@dalsingh101.. got to say bro your curly fries look good but i'm not feeling those sausages man..they look spicyish. lol..as i mentioned before i just want to eat bland food as my tastebuds seem to be a bit sensitive..

if you have not already done so, you may want to try apple cider vinegar to help with your acidity..

About to train now.......

4 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

Meal 2 11 am 

palak paneer 2 slices whole wheat milk 5almonds banana 

ready for the critique lol

@dalsingh101@samurai

image.jpeg

This ain't too bad in my books. 

DAY 26: 26/2/16

Not much to report today that hasn't been mentioned before. Poor diet choices earlier today had me feeling grim. I could've got away with it if I trained straight after, but couldn't.

Just got in now, had to run a few errands earlier and it feels too late to train. I have to say, I've missed more training sessions this month than I have in the last few years. Not good!!!

got to say bro your curly fries look good but i'm not feeling those sausages man..they look spicyish. lol..as i mentioned before i just want to eat bland food as my tastebuds seem to be a bit sensitive..

Those sausages aren't remotely spicy but  I'm feeling you regarding the spices these days, I'm finding spicy and acidic food less tolerable than before for some reason???

Maybe my palate is getting more sensitive?

Anyways, going for an early night today. Catch up soon!

PS - going to stick some photos of my protein bar recipe up in next few days for anyone interested. 

session was good, i think i will leave out the cake and custard (it was a craving) but just hydrated myself a little and have settled for boiled milk and honey...in terms of training i'm  not where i want to be...but a lot of improvements..im gonna do no training this weekend and start traingn four day next week.so will train mon/tues..rest weds..train thurs/fri... i have left the kettle bells but have invested in a 10kg body weight jacket, this will help in explosiveness..i hope..lol..

14 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Maybe my palate is getting more sensitive?

I defo feel this even for bani recitation.

14 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Anyways, going for an early night today.

This early??..lol..cont be, its friday night..lol... joke..take care bro..!! 

11 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

Apparently this bread is whole wheat. Well I am going to try this diet and see how it goes. Even bread is a temp measure. 

Trust me rotiyan might have lots of love...but they also show love in your belly.  Have you seen poor granthis and babas they have the love of rotiyan showing...after 30 your metabolism is not same to handle love of rotiyan lol

yea I will try whole grain..one step at a time

Bread is made from the same thing you make Rotiyan out of it. I am not getting the logic here or am I too dumb? Lol. I make my own bread at home and I use so called 100% whole grain flour and I can use it to make Roti or bread. For Roti, I just use it and water but for bread I have to put Yeast, which is not super healthy for your system either. Read the ingredients at your bread's packet and compare with one simple ingredient of Roti . I prefer homemade stuff because I know what's going in there, most of the products don't even have all the ingredients listed. So I will say it again, Rotiyan from mothers hand will always be better than any store bought bread, no matter whether it's 12 grain or 55 grain bread. 

Granthis don't get fat because they eat Rotiyan, they gain weight from sabzi with a lot of gheyo  and parshad and all the good stuff comes from Langar. Anything processed is bad for your system,but you need good amount of Fiber and either get it from oatmeal, flaxseed, or whole grain. 

9 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Bread is made from the same thing you make Rotiyan out of it. I am not getting the logic here or am I too dumb? Lol. I make my own bread at home and I use so called 100% whole grain flour and I can use it to make Roti or bread. For Roti, I just use it and water but for bread I have to put Yeast, which is not super healthy for your system either. Read the ingredients at your bread's packet and compare with one simple ingredient of Roti . I prefer homemade stuff because I know what's going in there, most of the products don't even have all the ingredients listed. So I will say it again, Rotiyan from mothers hand will always be better than any store bought bread, no matter whether it's 12 grain or 55 grain bread. 

Granthis don't get fat because they eat Rotiyan, they gain weight from sabzi with a lot of gheyo  and parshad and all the good stuff comes from Langar. Anything processed is bad for your system,but you need good amount of Fiber and either get it from oatmeal, flaxseed, or whole grain. 

Personally, I can digest brown bread faster than the white roti.    Eventually, I want to come off any grains. Its a step by step slow process. Lets see.

But you are right about homemade bread, its def better than market.

Bread is just a crutch for me that I will eventually leave.

This is my own experiment with roti and will let the sangat know about results.

27 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

February is almost coming to an end 3 more days...

How do you feel dalsingh ?

I'm feeling alright bro! I can't believe so much time has passed already.

Feel a bit maturer for some strange reason??? lol

Granthis don't get fat because they eat Rotiyan, they gain weight from sabzi with a lot of gheyo  and parshad and all the good stuff comes from Langar.

And a lot of them don't move around enough!

Sitting on stages too long. 

Need to train! Should be compulsory for them. 

10 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Feel a bit maturer for some strange reason??? lol

damn seconds into minutes into hours into days into months into years ....life moves so fast...

yea february is ending, sun rising earlier, birds & dogs getting more active...what a cycle

yeah we are all getting mature each second, those who pay attention, ...That's why gotta stay in present moment as much as we can & live it to maximal capacity...training mind to feel the continuous presence of the higher consciousness...Waheguru Ji...

off topic, but whenever I see the changes in weather, the transitioning, the continuous flux of day & night, or visit Airports, or see people traveling from one destination to another, it hits me hard deep inside. Its not sadness, but a feeling where you sit as a audience and watch the continuous cycle of life spinning at full speed...and before you know it time is up lol

Now the life is springing back to action again, birds & wildlife getting more active in spreading their genes (Lol), flowers & plants working hard to spread their own children, survival & propagation of their generations...And us humans probably doing the same things or hopefully some trying to make continuous small changes in their own personal journeys...

lol kuch zyada philosophy ho gayi

@Singh123456777

Bro, is this one of those things who were talking about a few weeks ago? 

gymthing.jpg.add793856644165e587e4c03119

its basic. I've stopped eating crap food like crisps and chocolate (though had a backslash yesterday after almost two months). I eat more fruit during the day and have a big salad around  lunch time.I drink 1 large glass of protein shake everyday (two on the days I go to the gym). I am a vegetarian so i've started eating some of that soya meat also to increase protein. I only eat 2 rotis now (after reading that in this thread lol) whereas before I used to eat 3. 

I go to the gym around 3-4 times a week and try to do yoga once a week at work (for strengning the body, its not the meditative kind of yoga). I work the muscles at the gym, - I cant be bothered to run on the thread mill or bicycle as I find it extremely boring and un motivating.

Edited by amardeep

1 hour ago, amardeep said:

I've lost 4 kilos in 2 months (started working out on january 1 2016). Balle balle progress happening! Very little muscle growth though.

That's some serious progress man. 2 kilos a month loss!