At the time of death, every being is given opportunity to connect to their real self.

Not taking away the significance of present moment (NOW) while being alive, i find above event quite interesting that divine is giving chance for liberation to every being - like a moment or moments gaps between death and reincarnation.

Similiar thing we found in expereince of buddhist monk:

16 minutes ago, Sat1176 said:

I also heard that at the time of death, Naam is heard by all. But most beings whom have never experienced or heard naam don't recognise it and are even frightened by it therefore miss the opportunity to merge back with Waheguru.

True Naam is heard and felt by all.

20 minutes ago, N30 S!NGH said:

True Naam is heard and felt by all.

Bro, that depends on what is your definition of Naam? I can't say it vibrates for me all the time. Actually it's been a very long time now for me since it "may" have happened and I wonder if I will ever come close to experiencing anything like it again.

The divine melody of the Shabad vibrates for those, within whose minds the Naam abides.

naam jin kai man vasi-aa, vaajay sabad ghanayray.

6 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

Bro, that depends on what is your definition of Naam? I can't say it vibrates for me all the time. Actually it's been a very long time now for me since it "may" have happened and I wonder if I will ever come close to experiencing anything like it again.

The divine melody of the Shabad vibrates for those, within whose minds the Naam abides.

naam jin kai man vasi-aa, vaajay sabad ghanayray.

What did you feel when you came closest to feeling Naam ?

7 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

What did you feel when you came closest to feeling Naam ?

Nothing, because I was fast asleep in a state of deep sleep. Out of no where it came in the early hours of the morning until it was so loud and so close to my being that I could not withstand it. Unaware of what had come at the time I fully awoke holding my ears screaming in shock. 

Events of Amritvela also run in the mind, as one approaches death. 

Most likely, the above is the bachan of Srimaan Sant Baba Ishar Singh jee Nanaksar.

Therefore, if a person spends his Amrit vela (during his life time) doing Naam Simran, then he has an excellent chance to merge with the Supreme soul.

@N30 S!NGH - Paaji, what is the name of the above Mahapurakh?

Bhul chuk maaf

11 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

Speaking of death just read the following which I found quite enlightening.

Transending death means realising the difference between body and soul and identifying oneself with the soul. When we actually behold the undecaying Soul within us and realise our true nature , we no longer identify ourself with the body which dies and we do not die with the body.  

Sheds a bit of light on the pangti.

Bramhgiani Nahe Marda

There is one part of us that must die; there is another part which never dies. When a man can identify himself with the undying nature, which is one with God , then he overcomes death. 

Aatma Paramatma Eko Jaan

Following on...

Although the Atman dwells in the heart of every living being, yet IT is not perceived by ordinary mortals because of ITs subtlety. It cannot be perceived by the senses; a finer spiritual sight is required. The heart must be pure and freed from every unworthy selfish desire; the thought must be indrawn from all external objects; mind and body must be under control; when the whole being becomes calm and serene, the it is possible to perceive that effulgent Atman. IT is subtler than the subtle, because IT is the invisible essence of every thing; and IT is greater than the great because IT is boundless, sustaining power of the whole universe; that upon which all existence rests.

Just in case you would like to read the book (fascinating read): http://upload.vedpuran.net/Uploads/68338The_Upanishads.pdf

The nervous system of the body provides the channels through which the mind travels; the direction in which it moves is determined by it's desires and tendencies. When the mind becomes pure and desire-less , it takes the upward course and at the time of departing passes out through the imperceptible opening of the crown of the head; but as long as it remains full of desires, its course is downward towards the realms where those desires can be satisfied.

On 2/10/2016 at 0:56 PM, Sat1176 said:

Nothing, because I was fast asleep in a state of deep sleep. Out of no where it came in the early hours of the morning until it was so loud and so close to my being that I could not withstand it. Unaware of what had come at the time I fully awoke holding my ears screaming in shock. 

Not sure what u heard 

But I too remember something similar XD I was sleepy and I don't know suddenly I heard some veryyyyy big drum I woke up in shock but slept again another second (I sleep like kumbhkaran :p lol) 

If I'm not wrong my Surat gone too close to dasam duar then came back in shock (I sleep while chanting) 

I had insonomia (my brain didn't use to sleep)

No doctor or psychologist could cure

But in end took shelter of Guru 

And simran proved cure