Another elephant goes crazy in India

dalsingh101

I wonder what those two fudhus sitting on top of the elephant were thinking through all this? 

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhzdOF0t3CT6bDOg59

Hathi tossed those tempos about like they were paper!!!!!

Towards the end I swear it was trying to throw shit at people nearby. 

55 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

Actually on second thought, that looks like an elephant that is just bored. It's wondering - am I just gona eat, live in a boring cage and go to weddings and shit all my life? Is there nothing more to li.. oh look it's a tempo! This is a fun toy! Giggidy

The elephant is warning humans to control greed O/W next time its not their property but their lives

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Elephant turn violent in festival in Kerela, 48 killed" 

Experts say the worst offenders often are mahouts and, in some cases, a new class of owners, who consider the animal as a moneyspinner. During the festival season when the demand for elephants goes up, it can fetch up to Rs 50,000 as an appearance fee at a temple. Owners often resort to unethical means to suppress the musth, a common metabolic phenomenon in bull elephants that lasts for nearly three months. This is the period when the animals' testosterone levels go up substantially and their behaviour becomes erratic and aggressive towards other bulls and humans. When on musth, elephants are normally given complete rest and kept in isolation, with endless supplies of food and water. But it is when an elephant turns musth during the festive season that unscrupulous owners, fearing huge revenue losses, resort to methods aimed at suppressing it. These include raising their body temperature by denying them water, starving them, or administering sedatives. In many cases, the tactics backfire, leaving a few dead bodies and a jumbo that's gone berserk.

Traditional elephant owning families believe that many of the "new breed of owners" have no love for the animal nor any clue about its sensitivities and are only after money. "In the past, owners and mahouts knew everything about their elephants, their treatments, diet or even their emotions and would even talk to them as friends," says Parvathy Narayanan, 74, the only woman elephant-broker in Kerala. Also, while in the past a mahout looked after an elephant for a lifetime, today mahouts at best stay for a few months before moving on.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/elephant-went-fury-and-killing-many-during-kerela-festival2007/1/156056.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Younger generation everywhere is in search of quick money and results could be disastrous

@kdsingh80 good points.

I also think keep animals in boredom for long time (boredom that is outside of the animal's control) is bad for its mental health, and causes the animal to try to mitigate the boredom it is feeling. So it may act out such as in the video or develop other unhealthy behaviours e.g. birds will pluck at their own feathers until they go bald.

Also remember Elephants are notorious for their testosterone, they can get very aggressive.  They are troubled greatly by Lust.

Gurbani says  kaam rog kunchar ko vyape.. so elephants go crazy when their energies are high and they cannot control it .  I guess same applies to female elephant, not sure though.

So it may act out such as in the video or develop other unhealthy behaviours e.g. birds will pluck at their own feathers until they go bald.

Did your budgie do this by any chance?

4 hours ago, Gunahgar said:

I saw this video on watsapp. It was hilarious. The elephant is mad because he was not getting married lol.  Imagine if he had stormed through the main gate, that would have been a real marriage. Sign of things to come for the groom lol.

Maybe he was mad cuz his wife was not giving him a divorce? We don't know the real reason but poor creature is throwing vehicles like it's Toys. I wonder how much training he does to be that strong ?

40 minutes ago, Gunahgar said:

Also remember Elephants are notorious for their testosterone, they can get very aggressive.  They are troubled greatly by Lust.

Gurbani says  kaam rog kunchar ko vyape.. so elephants go crazy when their energies are high and they cannot control it .  I guess same applies to female elephant, not sure though.

How did you change your name? I wanna change mine too lol

@CdnSikhGirl

where are you? I miss you :(

3 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Maybe he was mad cuz his wife was not giving him a divorce? We don't know the real reason but poor creature is throwing vehicles like it's Toys. I wonder how much training he does to be that strong ?

I reckon he does a lot of pull ups and burpees. 

3 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

And he's a vegetarian too!!. 

he probably struggles with them then....

8 hours ago, Gunahgar said:

Only male Elephants go through Musth , their testosterone level increase by 60 times making them exceptionally strong and aggressive

Never knew that "elephants in musth discharge a thick tar-like secretion called temporin from the temporal ducts on the sides of the head. Temporin contains proteins, lipids (notably cholesterol), phenol and 4-methyl phenol,[2][3]cresols and sesquiterpenes (notably farnesol and its derivatives)."

interesting stuff :  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musth