Interfaith Marriages question

1 hour ago, Guest said:

and I am a Singh. Will you ask me to leave too?

No Sir, I will ask you to accept the truth be you of any gender. Even moreso that you are a father. You should have some principles in life and accept when you are wrong and learn from it. You should look at both sides of the argument before jumping to conclusions. The great deceiver, my dearest Satkiran only posted that conversation after I requested her to several times, and then when I said I would do it myself. There she had no choice but to expose herself and admit she was a liar before someone else did it.

You have been deceived by the great deceiver. What a shame. I can't see someone like this giving passing on any good and decent principles to their children.

Forget what my dearest Satkiran says and does, and concentrate on correcting yourself so that you may give your daughter a better chance in life.

As for "nindak" my dearest Satkiran IS a nindak and therefore I have just told told it as it is. Can you verify if Paapiman is indeed those names he was called?

I am not one for calling anyone names. Like you did just now, several times.

And I read the PM she posted. And you were the one who started it, not her. She was not being deciving in anything, she was justified in calling you out.

Maybe take some of your own advice for once! Admit you were wrong for sending her an unwarranted PM to begin with, trying to get her to leave.  No matter how you try to downplay it, it came off as rude and condescending and I don't blame her for getting defensive. I just did a search and re-read it.  But I have not seen any lie that she did. 

Don't try to fool yourself into thinking you were being nice by trying to get her to leave. You were playing semantics by calling her a liar for saying you told her to leave. Look at it from her perspective. She receives an unwanted PM from a stranger out of the blue, who was trying to goad her into leaving the forum for no other reason than she disagreed with your own views on gender equality. Even if you had added the word please in there, at least be man enough to own up to the fact that you were indeed telling her she was not welcome here. This is apparent to all of us who read it, regardless of your actual wording. The action itself speaks for it.

Another way to look at it, if a police officer asked you to please get out of the car, or to please come with him, is he just asking nicely and leaving it up to you, or is he in fact telling you?  It would seem that you are in fact the deceiver here trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the rest of us to think that somehow you asked her nicely and that she is lying about it. She produced the PM and it points finger directly at you not her. You should never have sent such a rude and unwarranted PM to begin with, one that was designed to make sher feel unwelcome and like crap.  Everyone is welcome here. It's an open forum. Grow up and man up and accept that what you did was wrong.  I have not seen you once accept that the PM you sent her was uncalled for and wrong.  And continuing to try and degrade her is only making you look worse. Even the admins noticed this. We all notice it. Stop acting like such a butthurt child who got called out for doing something wrong.

Here we are in a thread she wasn't even part of, and again you can't let it go, you just have to keep at it keep at it, never once even admitting that you were WRONG for even sending that message to her in the first place! Grow up. It's those like you who I am so scared of my daughter encountering when she gets older. Stop being so disrespectful and unsikh like.

On 2016-03-05 at 10:10 AM, Guest said:

I currently serve on the gurdwara management committee.  I recently had to confront the rest of the executive and was shot down.  We are the only gurdwara in quite a large area and from out of town we got a request for anand Karaj from a Sikh girls family. Problem is the boy is not Sikh... He is Hindu.  So I brought up to the president and who first said many families married there before interfaith. I brought it up at the most recent executive meeting and was told by an older aunty some (what I think are disturbing) answers:

1 she said we do not follow Sikh Reget Maryada (then how can even run a gurdwara with SGGSJ??? This is wrong!!)

2. She said in Canada we do not come under Akal Takht and so we don't have to do as they say! (Again how can this be??? Who DOES she think we come under then?)

3. She said following SRM would take us back a century and started talking about discrimination even when I tried to explain deeper meaning in the lavans and how could someone believe the deeper spiritual meanings of they are not Sikh? (She started going on how we don't force convert etc which has nothing to do about the anand Karaj ceremony. No we don't try to convert people but in same light someone who isn't Sikh would just be making an empty ritual of it?) 

So in summary we are having an interfaith marriage here next month and even worse the date was selected by astrology / auspiciousness.  

Are you Kanwardeep Singh from Maritime Sikh Society ?  http://www.maritimesikhsociety.com/

2 hours ago, Gunahgar said:

Guest seems to be white knighting.   Satkirin can defend herself.  She would be offended if another man was defending her . You think she is weak ? lol.. 

Oh sorry.  I dont mean to suggest she is weak. I'm just tired of every time I come here seeing this chatanga continually posting the same old thing and never taking responsibility for starting it all in the first place by sending that rude message. I don't see satkiran ji posting constant posts about him, but every time I come here I see chatanga once again publically calling her these things. I have read the screenshot, if it was me who got that message from someone I would interpret it as being told to leave and that I was unwelcome. He needs to stop putting this on her and take responsibility for his own actions.  He is acting like a spoiled child who won't accept responsibility for what hes done. Pray Waheguru Ji will show him the way.

On 5 March 2016 at 9:55 PM, amardeep said:

You can't just exclude and marginalize 80-90% of the panth like that. The Sehajdharis are still part of the Sikh panth and follow Sikh rituals and customs.

And misinterpret Sikhee saas saas and saas graas every single day of their existence.... as they go along inc..  THEY ARE NOT SIKHS

5 hours ago, Guest said:

And I read the PM she posted.

And you took it all to be the truth?

You need to have some integrity man. Here's more names for people like you : sheep/people who are easily mislead/do not have the intelligence to look at both sides of the story/miscreants-deliberately supporting others through misplaced loyalty...

I'm embarrassed to hear this from you, and I don't even know you, but being a father you have shown a complete lack of ability in integrity. Work on that before you attempt any future exercises in judging anyone.

Let's leave it at that.

4 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

And you took it all to be the truth?

You need to have some integrity man. Here's more names for people like you : sheep/people who are easily mislead/do not have the intelligence to look at both sides of the story/miscreants-deliberately supporting others through misplaced loyalty...

I'm embarrassed to hear this from you, and I don't even know you, but being a father you have shown a complete lack of ability in integrity. Work on that before you attempt any future exercises in judging anyone.

Let's leave it at that.

And yet you feel it's your right to judge others? Like you did with her? And please look up the meaning of integrity because you obviously have no idea what the word means.

I have looked at both sides. It's been going on for ages now. I don't see her continually calling you names and accusing you. Its YOU who first contacted her in an inappropriate manner trying to get her to leave the forum. Firstly at least admit to that! YOU initiated the whole thing by sending a message you never should have sent to anyone! First of all, you are not the forum admin, nor a moderator. It was not your place to do that and secondly she did nothing against forum rules.

It was YOU who called her vulgar in the same string of messages because of her belief in equality of gender and because she openly questioned how certain sampardas put women into a lesser role on the forum. Just because someone disagrees with your views and questions a samparda's actions that you support, is not a reason to make someone feel unwelcome and try to get them to leave the forum. It's a public forum open to everyone!  You can present your views just as easily as everyone else can. You DON'T send a private message trying to get someone to leave because your views were different to to theirs! But YOU did that to satkiran ji! She didn't contact you did she? And your message was unwarranted. Not only was it unwarranted but it was not your place to do so. 

The WAY in which you approached it, came off as cold, condescending, and definitely in the tone of telling and not asking. In fact there is no way to ask someone to leave a public forum without it sounding that way. Language semantics don't change the fact that what you did was tell her she was unwelcome and try to goad her into leaving.

I don't know you either but I am sure you are not a pleasant person to be around.  You really seem to have issues and an obsession.

6 hours ago, Gunahgar said:

Guest seems to be white knighting.   Satkirin can defend herself.  She would be offended if another man was defending her . You think she is weak ? lol.. 

I actually had not even realized chatanga had started in again as I have blocked him. 

btw I actually took your comment as a compliment, though I do not have a problem with anyone defending anyone as thats what we are all supposed to do as Sikhs. (male or female).  But in this case, guest ji I don't know who you are, but trying to reason with someone who can't understand reason is futile. 

Guru Nanak Dev Ji said: 
ਮੂਰਖੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਲੁਝੀਐ ॥੧੯॥: Moorkhai naal na lujheeai ||19||: Don’t argue with a fool ||19|| (sggs 473)

btw I am on the management committee for Maritime Sikh Society, if there was a wedding coming up that was interfaith, I would know about it.  It's not us... 

1 hour ago, Guest said:

And yet you feel it's your right to judge others? Like you did with her?

I didn't judge my dearest satkiran by anything but her posts. They were lies and they are what I judge.

1 hour ago, Guest said:

And please look up the meaning of integrity because you obviously have no idea what the word means.

My apologies. I should be have made it more simple. I should have realised that you do not have the faculty to comprehend beyond simple words and lies, so I'll rephrase preceding with an apology to you : "be honest to yourself man".

1 hour ago, Guest said:

I have looked at both sides.

You Sir, are a liar Sir. Here's why.

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Its YOU who first contacted her in an inappropriate manner trying to get her to leave the forum. Firstly at least admit to that!

Mr Liar, I can't admit to anything i didn't deny. You see guri or whatever you call yourself, if you had genuinely read both sides you would have known that. I have never denied first contacting her.

1 hour ago, Guest said:

It was YOU who called her vulgar in the same string of messages because of her belief in equality of gender and because she openly questioned how certain sampardas put women into a lesser role on the forum.

No Mr Liar, I called her lies and her conduct on this forum vulgar. There are other words I can used to describe being deceitful, distorting others words', ascribing thoughts to people who never said them etc. That's vulgar and your defence of the same is equally despicable.

1 hour ago, Guest said:

And your message was unwarranted. Not only was it unwarranted but it was not your place to do so.

If she truly believed this why would she send me a PM that was equally unwarranted, after making such a scene that I had the audacity to PM her? I'll let you answer as you like to defend that beacon of honesty.

1 hour ago, Guest said:

I don't know you either but I am sure you are not a pleasant person to be around.  You really seem to have issues and an obsession.

I am unpleasant to those who are deceitful. I am unpleasant to those who insult my Guru and if you wish to be like my dearest Satkiran and commit those low acts then you will not find any lacking on my behalf in countering your lies and defence of liars.

I do have issues and an obsession with any person, insulting my Guru, who is correctly labelled as a Guru nindak. You sound like one yourself. You should work on that.

15 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

yeh of course my dearest satkiran doesn't know.

Oh, you are such a licker, aren't you?  Judging from everything I have read so far none of you have a faculty needed to comprehend anything.  Time and time and  again and again all you post comments that do t have a leg to stand on.  Your efforts to prove your clever are futile and don't wash with anyone, no matter how hard you try.

On 05/03/2016 at 3:10 PM, Guest said:

I currently serve on the gurdwara management committee.  I recently had to confront the rest of the executive and was shot down.  We are the only gurdwara in quite a large area and from out of town we got a request for anand Karaj from a Sikh girls family. Problem is the boy is not Sikh... He is Hindu.  So I brought up to the president and who first said many families married there before interfaith. I brought it up at the most recent executive meeting and was told by an older aunty some (what I think are disturbing) answers:

1 she said we do not follow Sikh Reget Maryada (then how can even run a gurdwara with SGGSJ??? This is wrong!!)

2. She said in Canada we do not come under Akal Takht and so we don't have to do as they say! (Again how can this be??? Who DOES she think we come under then?)

3. She said following SRM would take us back a century and started talking about discrimination even when I tried to explain deeper meaning in the lavans and how could someone believe the deeper spiritual meanings of they are not Sikh? (She started going on how we don't force convert etc which has nothing to do about the anand Karaj ceremony. No we don't try to convert people but in same light someone who isn't Sikh would just be making an empty ritual of it?) 

So in summary we are having an interfaith marriage here next month and even worse the date was selected by astrology / auspiciousness.  

If the gurdawara has a Nishan Sahib outside it means it is an SGPC affiliate Gurdwara.  So it should follow Akal Takht orders.  You can maybe print out some documents to show this.  And maybe you could get an email from another Gurdwara committte in the country who agree with you, explaining the concepts. 

If I was in your position, I would do the above and if they still don't bother to listen, just leave it.  Because you have done your duty, and no ones going to die and their wont be major beadbi .

I do feel sorry for the family in question though because as you say it in the only Gudwara in the area, so what choice do they have?

Guest guest
On 08/03/2016 at 1:19 PM, chatanga1 said:

You have been deceived by the great deceiver. What a shame. I can't see someone like this giving passing on any good and decent principles to their children.

Forget what my dearest Satkiran says and does, and concentrate on correcting yourself so that you may give your daughter a better chance in life.

what a vile post. 

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Oh, you are such a licker, aren't you?  Judging from everything I have read so far none of you have a faculty needed to comprehend anything.  Time and time and  again and again all you post comments that do t have a leg to stand on.  Your efforts to prove your clever are futile and don't wash with anyone, no matter how hard you try.

Quite right.

3 hours ago, Guest said:

Judging from everything I have read so far none of you have a faculty needed to comprehend anything. 

It's your own judgement you need to address.

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

what a vile post. 

I know. The truth is so bitter.

My dearest harkirat/harkiran/satkiran, unless you have anything to add to the topic don't bother replying and I won't either.

Guest JasjotS
3 hours ago, Guest said:

I agree. He has no concept of humility whatsoever. The only thing I have ever seen her do was question things she was having doubts on. That doesn't make one a nindak. Sikhi encourages us to use our brains to look for answers. In fact it discourages blind belief in favour of actual experience. So calling someone a nindak because they used that faculty which Waheguru gave us, to question things that do not seem correct, makes him the nindak in my opinion. We are all encouraged to read Gurbani ourselves and not just accept blindly, the meanings others put on things. Gurbani is supposed to speak to the individual, and different people will get different meanings from it, even the same person will have different meanings at different times.  So questioning, discerning, does not make someone a nindak.  Calling someone a nindak, liar, deceiver, because they happen to disagree with his opinion of things. What if his opinion is wrong?  It's sad to still see him going on about this over and over. I don't even see her acknowledging him. Does she even know what he is saying? She posted above that she blocked him. Admins should do something about this chatanga character.

• SAadmin locked this topic
  • SAadmin unlocked this topic
  • 6 months later...