Sukha Maryada (use of Marijuana/Cannabis)

U asked a question- didn't wait for me to reply   you passed a judgement..still  FYI I have won this one here, - now anyone reading this thread would get to know that watever paapiman has posted is not itihas rather mithias as there are so many people opposing it n trying posting the truth... ... So they won't atleast blindly think that sikhs n their Gurus are addicts. 

Anyone who has little INTELLECT WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE FALSE STORIES POSTED ABOVE AND TRY TO FIND THE TRUTH HIMSELF. 

All the Books Qouted by Paapiman Are FAKE AND FALSE, altered with an aim to defame sikhi. 

8 minutes ago, Mooorakh said:

U asked a question- didn't wait for me to reply   you passed a judgement..still  FYI I have won this one here, - now anyone reading this thread would get to know that watever paapiman has posted is not itihas rather mithias as there are so many people opposing it n trying posting the truth... ... So they won't atleast blindly think that sikhs n their Gurus are addicts. 

Anyone who has little INTELLECT WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE FALSE STORIES POSTED ABOVE AND TRY TO FIND THE TRUTH HIMSELF. 

All the Books Qouted by Paapiman Are FAKE AND FALSE, altered with an aim to defame sikhi. 

Lol okay. Cause you say so. Right. 

You know how 100 percent faith based christian you sound right now? The fossils were put here to test our faith!  Lol. 

"I wonnnn"

You didn't say anything. Lololol. 

"They're fakes!"

Which one's? Why?

He quoted Dasam Granth at least once?

Have you not read the original posts or the numerous sumaries yet? Still?

41 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

Brother, I thought you respected Brahmgiani Mahapurush. Do you believe their bachans or not ? 

You mean the Bachan of Baba Nand Singh jee regarding the miraculous births of the two sons of Sri Satguru jee (First Master)?

Bhul chuk maaf

47 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

It's a bad idea brother, not worth the risk. Almonds are good. The focus should be on producing everything naturally, through proper meditation and Japa techniques. 

Bro, you are saying that even micro-dosing is bad, especially for non-Amritdhari Sikhs? 

One recent clinical trial found that microdosing just 1 mg of THC, and even 0.5 mg, was effective at relieving chronic pain.

Unquote[1]

[1] - How To Microdose Cannabis | Weedmaps

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

@GurjantGnostic

A bit off-topic brothers, but now you guys might understand better, why Daas was reluctant to share that info on the sex life of Sri Satguru jee on the forum publicly. Look at what has happened to this topic.

Gurjant Paaji was sent that info via pm.

Bhul chuk maaf

Bhai ji, I grew up having to read insidious agenda translations of Sikh texts by people like McLeod for years, because back then I couldn't read Gurmukhi, plus original texts weren't anywhere near as available as today with the Internet and various sites that give us free ebooks of these texts today. Sometimes even if I could find the text that I was after, I couldn't afford to purchase it.  

Due to these experiences, to this day I resent the way apnay don't make effort to inform new generations about puratan texts/manuscripts. Plus I was also a young boy when I learnt that the Sikh reference library got burnt down in 84. So I feel that we [the panth] between ourselves should be looking at and analysing our own texts, so we can give younger generations a heads up and not have them rely on devious agenda interpretations by outsiders, like I had to. But with Guru ji's kirpaa I can see through the agendas of the academics, even though hordes of motay dimaag walay apnay get trapped by them. 

Personally, I would rather a text come out, than hide it, every time. 

Plus bhai ji you could be more tactful too. We should studying the texts critically. None of them are Gurbani. But to me they are all fascinating in various ways, even ones that shock me. I think it's better we let it out and let people deal with it. It's the opposite attitude that had many Sikhs alienated from Dasam Bani like CP for a LONG TIME. 

I'm pretty sure, in the past, there were people who were pro-sukha, as well as anti, just like now, and probably forever. 

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

What's next? No dancing? Lol. 

Some of us in the UK don't think this is a bad idea. lol

We're sick to death of the misguided correlation between 'Sikhs' and overly exuberant bhangra paaing peasants (usually with loads of alcohol floating around)! 

I'm not saying banning dancing but just giving that barn-dance jamboree mentality a break when we've got serious stuff going on. It makes us look like clowns.   

Most Puratan Rehatname were probably written by contemporary Sikhs (Bhai Chaupa Singh jee, Bhai Desa Singh jee, Bhai Prahlaad Singh jee, Bhai Nand Laal jee, Bhai Daya Singh jee, etc) of Dashmesh Pita jee.

Bhul chuk maaf

There's a lot of contention about that, even Piara Singh Padam isn't sure about that. 

4 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Some of us in the UK don't think this is a bad idea. lol

We're sick to death of the misguided correlation between 'Sikhs' and overly exuberant bhangra paaing peasants (usually with loads of alcohol floating around)! 

I'm not saying banning dancing but just giving that barn-dance jamboree mentality a break when we've got serious stuff going on. It makes us look like clowns.   

I thought that when I posted. A time and place and way for evrything in Roop lol. 

What I mean is the sin based puritan mindset of no to everything because it's not in the bible or some random quote about it is in the bible. The no fun, no feel good, do this or go straight to hell mentality. 

I knew I was walking into that bhangra and clubbing thing and I agree with you guys actually, it's tacky to do in Roop. Sikhs should dance respectfully in Sangat or at home or gatherings. Tastefully. 

Should dance like they are in Maharaja's court. 

Or like warriors around the fire armed. 

1 minute ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I thought that when I posted. A time and place and way for evrything in Roop lol. 

What I mean is the sin based puritan mindset of no to everything because it's not in the bible or some random quote about it is in the bible. The no fun, no feel good, do this or go straight to hell mentality. 

I knew I was walking into that bhangra and clubbing thing and I agree with you guys actually, it's tacky to do in Roop. Sikhs should dance respectfully in Sangat or at home or gatherings. Tastefully. 

Remember brother, that bhangra crap was how the grooming thing against our girls started. Some reserve and decorum ain't a bad thing in public. I know you know what I'm getting at.  

6 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Remember brother, that bhangra crap was how the grooming thing against our girls started. Some reserve and decorum ain't a bad thing in public. I know you know what I'm getting at.  

Absolutely bro. In my world the dancing would be overseen and of a certain type so as to disuade predators and kaam.

Like King Louis Court at Versaille on one hand and a pow wow prayer dance on the other. 

I'm really conscious about how I act even now and should act in Saroop, once I am  blessed with Amrit, and grinding at the club is definitely off the list. 

That's already off the list for a variety of reasons, Kesh included. 

30 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Absolutely bro. In my world the dancing would be overseen and of a certain type so as to disuade predators and kaam.

Like King Louis Court at Versaille on one hand and a pow wow prayer dance on the other. 

I'm really conscious about how I act even now and should act in Saroop, once I am  blessed with Amrit, and grinding at the club is definitely off the list. 

That's already off the list for a variety of reasons, Kesh included. 

Just an interesting related side note I just noticed: The word Bhangra itself apparently comes from the dance that was often done high on bhang, to celebrate getting the harvest in.   

Bro, you are saying that even micro-dosing is bad, especially for non-Amritdhari Sikhs? 

One recent clinical trial found that microdosing just 1 mg of THC, and even 0.5 mg, was effective at relieving chronic pain.

Unquote[1]

[1] - How To Microdose Cannabis | Weedmaps

Bhul chuk maaf

I was replying in context of micro-dosing for babies. It’s risky. I am in favor of using it as a medicine in worst case scenario when nothing else works but not in favor of using it regularly without any indication or for just getting that psychoactive high.Definitely cbd oil, thc has medicinal properties, no doubt. Personally, I wouldn’t use it for chronic pain, Maharaj Kirpa. 

Interesting link that you provided, and info on biphasic reactions , how it can cause anxiety and paranoia if mismanaged, and dose requirement varies for everyone. 

Its good to have this knowledge. But personally for me , I have more important matters to take care of than worrying about sukha use, such as Am I spiritually ready to leave my body, time is running out. There are other priorities.

7 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Ain't that true. 

As a Paanth shouldn't we agree to disagree then about Sukha since it's neither here nor there with respect to that ultimate focus?

What I don't like is ignoring history. Or it not actually being an okay choice to make individually without hate.  Or people not recognizing that yes it has been used by very respected Sikhs etc. 

It's easy to say it's no big deal but also not respect others. 

5 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

Let agree to disagree then.

Maybe Sukha is a reminder or a symbolic representation  to produce the real Naam Rass inside to create that eternal everlasting Bliss which makes you fight battles for your Guru and get Shaheed, win the battle against 5 vikars through the Naam Rass and win this battle of life. 

I agree bro. Sukha is no replacement for this and does not simply give you this. 

But there is room for it, especially if you're not on top in that moment, and nobody should be shamed or imprisoned for life for it. It was a life sentence here. So people are still doing life and now we sell it on the corner. So it's not a light matter of opinion here. It, and conversations regarding it, have a real impact. 

17 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

CP is a must, it should be taught to young Singhs under proper training and guidance especially when puberty hits. 

Only after you have gone through life, you realize how important CP is.

I'm just saying man (and it's a BIG POINT) puritan conservatism is what made dogs turn their back on CP. That's a dangerous way of thinking. It's what causes people to disrespect it to this day!

Those other later controversial texts paapiman quoted have their own story to tell in context, it's up to intelligent, discerning minds to illicit the valuable part of them.  What they can teach us doesn't necessarily relate to Guru ji's period, but they can have valuable insights into the time within which they were written. 

Plus bhai ji, I keep mentioning the afeem reference in Srigursobha, that one pretty much blows away the notion that these things were banned in Guru ji's time. You have to address that. If you want we'll find and stick up the text for you to evaluate.  

7 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

Fair.

And I'm not manic or bipolar.  I have ptsd from a head injury I sustained protecting somebody else and threats of violence or bullying are a sure way to see a different me. 

And there a few topics I am more passionate about.

This Puran Paanth.

Dharam Yudh. 

Race. 

War on drugs especially Sukha. 

Wasp imperialism.