TV serial on Maharaja ranjit Singh is starting

kdsingh80

10 hours ago, paapiman said:

Yeah that is quite the normal response from Sikh quarters these days. Every film concerning Sikhs seems to be objected to by Sikhs. I didn't see anything wrong presented in the film, just the production values.

11 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Yeah that is quite the normal response from Sikh quarters these days. Every film concerning Sikhs seems to be objected to by Sikhs. I didn't see anything wrong presented in the film, just the production values.

There is historical evidence that Maharaja Ranjit Singh jee drank alcohol and had sexual relations with multiple women (including a Muslim woman); both against Sikh tenets. Wonder how will they react, when these things are shown.

Which one is worse - anointment with a tilak or the above activities?

Even our Satgurus were anointed with a tilak by Srimaan Baba Budha jee, when they sat on the divine throne.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 3/22/2017 at 3:38 AM, chatanga1 said:

I was watching it this morning. it just seems like any glitzy showy glitzy hindi serial, oblivious to historical facts, and also a great deal of "filler" which is all fabricated.  Wasn't impressed.

These days they make historical serial with lot of fictious events. They don't claim that these serials are historically accurate , but still they are great way to teach people about the sikhs.If you want to watch more accurate version then please watch old serial whcih was on Doordarshan and has much more accurate  depiction.It is now available on yoputube

18 hours ago, kdsingh80 said:

These days they make historical serial with lot of fictious events. They don't claim that these serials are historically accurate ,

Yes I agree, but to me that just creates confusion in peoples mind as they think if they are watching a film about a historical character, then the events portrayed in that film must be true. Then there is so much disappointment when the real facts are discovered.

2 examples are Braveheart, where incorrect info about battles is shown, and also JFK film, which caused an outrage in OOSA when it was released as everybody thought it was based 100% on true facts.

13 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Yes I agree, but to me that just creates confusion in peoples mind as they think if they are watching a film about a historical character, then the events portrayed in that film must be true. Then there is so much disappointment when the real facts are discovered.

2 examples are Braveheart, where incorrect info about battles is shown, and also JFK film, which caused an outrage in OOSA when it was released as everybody thought it was based 100% on true facts.

Personally I like historical serials with true facts with but the reality is there is very small percentage of population that is interested in history . I told my brother's fiance about this serial and she said she don't like historical serials  when I told her that they are not truely historical and have lot of fiction she agreed to watch so it is very good way to teach young sikhs particularly girls and women about sikh historical characters.

As far discovering real facts are concerned 99% of viewers will never dig real history.Serials on Prithviraj , bajirao , Ashoka , chandragupta etc were / are regularly telecasted with fiction along with some elements of history. So in my view this is good way to teach sikhs as well educate non sikhs about glorious past of sikhs

9 hours ago, kdsingh80 said:

As far discovering real facts are concerned 99% of viewers will never dig real history.Serials on Prithviraj , bajirao , Ashoka , chandragupta etc were / are regularly telecasted with fiction along with some elements of history.

Yes thats true. I hope that it does ignite some passion in people to learn more.

• 2 months later...

I am not subscribing to the whole Star package just for 1 drama on Life OK broadcast in poor SD quality.

I am going to have to watch it the OTHER way but at least it is in HD!

I am very behind, by a few months now.

21 hours ago, londondajatt said:

I am not subscribing to the whole Star package just for 1 drama on Life OK broadcast in poor SD quality.

I am going to have to watch it the OTHER way but at least it is in HD!

I am very behind, by a few months now.

Where is it available in HD?

I find the censorship very annoying on Star. Any scene showing any form of abuse or violence is cut leaving you wondering what just happened.

On 15/06/2017 at 9:35 AM, Sat1176 said:

lol

Found it here : http://www.desiserials.org/watch-online/life-ok/maharaja-ranjit-singh-life/

and it's uncensored version. :-)

yeah, that's what I meant by other way. You shouldn't really post links like that as they are not very legal, but I am sure not too many people will be bothered. Just trying not to get this forum in trouble. A more legal way is to use the HOTSTAR website with a VPN lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 25/07/2017 at 7:07 AM, paapiman said:

Sad News - This show has been cancelled due to low TRP.

There is an online petition for it.

https://www.change.org/p/group-save-serial-maharaja-ranjit-singh-go-off-air

Bhul chuk maaf

It's on Life OK, does this hurt it's ratings?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

hey, if anyone wants to see repeats they are now on Star Plus, this is especially good for those who don't have access to Life OK, for example Virgin Media customers.