Marriage Age in Gurmat

According to Hukamnamas issued by Sant Baba Raam Singh jee Naamdhari (famous Sikh Saint-Soldier and a Freedom Fighter), the age of marriage for girls must be 16 or 18. Is there any Puratan Rehatnamas/Hukamnamas/Historical texts which can confirm this info?

@dalsingh101 - According to Prem Sumarag Granth, the marriage age is 17 right?

Bhul chuk maaf

7 hours ago, paapiman said:

According to Hukamnamas issued by Sant Baba Raam Singh jee Naamdhari (famous Sikh Saint-Soldier and a Freedom Fighter), the age of marriage for girls must be 16 or 18. Is there any Puratan Rehatnamas/Hukamnamas/Historical texts which can confirm this info?

@dalsingh101 - According to Prem Sumarag Granth, the marriage age is 17 right?

Bhul chuk maaf

I haven't looked at Prem Sumarag in ages, so can't remember. 

But we all know that in the past people were married much younger than now. Even in my parents generation.

Many people think a lot of our social issues these days stem from moving away from this.

Where did you find out about Babab Ram Singh Ji's hukam namas? 

6 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

I think the idea is that when kaam kicks in during puberty, the longer you wait, the more chance of a janani making bad decisions, which gives adult predators, like groomers, a clear opportunity. 

That might be true, but marrying a girl at 13 or 14 seems to be too early. IMHO, she might not be ready (physically and mentally) to become a mother at that time. But, I guess in today's times she can be on birth control pills (or employ other birth control techniques) to plan for pregnancy later in her life.

Bhul chuk maaf

17 minutes ago, paapiman said:

That might be true, but marrying a girl at 13 or 14 seems to be too early. IMHO, she might not be ready (physically and mentally) to become a mother at that time. But, I guess in today's times she can be on birth control pills (or employ other birth control techniques) to plan for pregnancy later in her life.

Bhul chuk maaf

I think that's too young too. But the point is waiting for ages. And then having young jananian going to work or uni, where the inevitable usually happens. That chariter about Anandpur and how that kamataur women behaves is a warning. And most women get more hornier as they get older too. 

2 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

I think the idea is that when kaam kicks in during puberty, the longer you wait, the more chance of a janani making bad decisions, which gives adult predators, like groomers, a clear opportunity. 

Is kaam really a female thing?

I think it's mainly a male thing. It seems to have become popularised in Western society in modern times. I have read accounts of English women saying that they didn't 'enjoy' sex , that it just had to be done. 

2 minutes ago, Premi said:

I think it's mainly a male thing. It seems to have become popularised in Western society in modern times. I have read accounts of English women saying that they didn't 'enjoy' sex , that it just had to be done. 

I'm not surprised if they had to f**k some stuffy, repressed degenerate, victorian era white guy. So they 'suffered it'. 

Don't be remotely misled, women feel kaam as much as blokes, some even more.   

4 hours ago, Premi said:

I have read accounts of English women saying that they didn't 'enjoy' sex , that it just had to be done. 

They were Christian women. They were probably indoctrinated with the belief that sex was dirty and had to be done for procreation only. That might have affected their ability to enjoy sex.

Bhul chuk maaf

4 minutes ago, paapiman said:

They were Christian women. They were probably indoctrinated with the belief that sex was dirty and had to be done for procreation only. That might have affected their ability to enjoy sex.

Bhul chuk maaf

Even when I was younger, there was a common saying by english women: 

"Just lay back and think of england."

lol!!!

10 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Sorry Paaji. Didn't get the joke. LOL. Can you please elaborate?

Bhul chuk maaf

When gorian used to talk about having to have sex with their husbands, and they weren't too keen, they'd say to each other:

4 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

When gorian used to talk about having to have sex with their husbands, and they weren't too keen, they'd say to each other:

Kind of sad bro. Daas will never ever have sex with my wife, if she is not in the mood. 

You have to get your wife sexually excited and ready for sex, before having sex.

Bhul chuk maaf

11 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Kind of sad bro. Daas will never ever have sex with my wife, if she is not in the mood. 

You have to get your wife sexually excited and ready for sex, before having sex.

Bhul chuk maaf

Yeah, or be ready for when she is suddenly in the mood. 

On 2/13/2022 at 5:45 AM, Premi said:

Definitely a female thing. Lol.

That's how you get born female bro, think of Kaam at death. 

On 2/13/2022 at 3:40 AM, paapiman said:

Bhul chuk maaf

Marriage is consumated by sex technically. In the traditions of this planet. So kids, if they sleep with somebody has married them, just without any structure or sense of responsibility. 

Pre birth control, your sex acts were soon to produce children. So the marrying age is the age where a person becomes sexually active. 

If you were to look under the hood at dating, you'd find it be a mass marriage, incestual...polygamy act with broken unifications and bastatd children literring the path of destruction. 

Regardless the age, dating is destructive.  So. Anand Karaj is the way at whatever age it is men and women are ready to start having at each other. 

It takes discipline just to get them to 18. Let alone wait until after you're a dr? Then start life? Lol, lol, lol, lol  As weird as young marriage sounds we're doing them a diservice if it isn't available young. 

On 2/14/2022 at 8:20 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

Marriage is consumated by sex technically. In the traditions of this planet. So kids, if they sleep with somebody has married them, just without any structure or sense of responsibility. 

So true. When I was growing up, even in english working class society, if someone got a girl pregnant, they had to marry them. It was an unwritten rule. 

You'd see some blokes crying about being 'trapped' by some bird. lol

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

So true. When I was growing up, even in english working class society, if someone got a girl pregnant, they had to marry them. It was an unwritten rule. 

You'd see some blokes crying about being 'trapped' by some bird. lol

Trapped by the bird in their trousers. Lol. Not like you get women pregnant from across the room. Now some women do try to get pregnant on purpose, sometimes by lying, and I almost had that happen to me, last time I was stupid. Thankfully sometimes you pray for something and the answer is no, because God loves you. Lol. I was trying to finagle this aikido version of anand karaj with a high ranking female Doka who came on to me. She was previously religous and got a divorce, and left the husbands religion, and in my hope and weakness I thought she had everything going for her, and perhaps we could spiritually partner and create a Dojo. And as she was right out of a divorce and out of religion, I foolishly thought we could date into it because she was super interested and I'm admin cut love starved. Thank God love comes from Akal Purakh and within. Sometimes it doesn't feel that way though.  Lol. 

Fast forward to the lesson. She was lying the whole time. She was hooking up with a variety of Sempai in the Dojo, not just me, so much for I've only ever slept with my exhusband. Ahem. And she tried to get pregnant first and only go. Thankfully Maharaja showed me how absolutely stupid I was being. And that I had opened myself up to a lot of potential discord with my brothers and sisters in the Dojo, and could have put a baby in a real piece of work. So. Bullet dodged. It had all the apparent elements of a fall in love, match made in heaven, spiritual union based on shared values. But ...when you date you get burned by liars and cheats. And you're lucky if you didn't have a baby with them. 

So have I had a bird try and trap me? Yup. But really it was the bird in my pants, who I have to blame. And a sincere yearning for Anand Karaj coupled with the fact I don't feel worthy.  This was years back. 

Anyway. Saved from a narc by Vaheguru, even though I'm a freaking Moorakh.