Jeevan has fallen

Guest GuptSingh

Guest GuptSingh
34 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Please try your best to maintain celibacy (which includes no masturbation), especially if you decide to go for a Chaliya (40-day Jaap).

Bhul chuk maaf

Satbachan ji

1 hour ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

I do refrain from eating outside as much as possible but this is not always possible. I was once able to go 2 years without outside food, only home cooked food by me or my family

2 years? That's amazing bro. Daas cannot do that. It's tough.

Do avoid eating from outside, if you decide to do a 40-day Jaap. Eat simple lacto-veg food as much as you can.

bhul chuk maaf

Guest GuptSingh
14 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Bro, you will have to stick to One Gurbani Mantar for a considerable amount of time. Please please do not switch Mantars/Shabads.

Which one do you like the best from the above?

Daas would recommend Khalsa Gayetri Mantar. (Gobinde Mukande....). My friend did Jaap of this Mantar too and it had a positive effect on him. It is small and very powerful.

Bhul chuk maaf

I have been trying to stick to one, I usually end up having to stop for various different reasons then I start again when I hear katha motivating me to start another one. 

I will try to stick with Japji Sahib ਜਾਪ from now onwards as that had the greatest effect for me

5 minutes ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

I have been trying to stick to one, I usually end up having to stop for various different reasons then I start again when I hear katha motivating me to start another one. 

Please do not fall into that trap. That was the biggest mistake of my life. Daas switched Jaaps so many times.

The below is from another topic. Hope you will understand the point.

Let's look at an example. Suppose, you are digging a well. Now, the water is at 20 ft, below the surface, but you don't know that. You start digging at one spot. You dig for 10 ft and then stop, as you suspect that you may have chosen the wrong spot. Then, you move to a different spot. You dig there for 15 ft and then again stop, as you suspect again that you don't have the right spot. Therefore, you switch the spot again and start digging over there. If you keeping doing this again and again, you will never ever be able to reach the water.

Similarly, if a person keeps switching Jaaps, he/she might be engaging in something similar to the example (of the well) above.

Unquote

Bhul chuk maaf

Guest GuptSingh
7 minutes ago, paapiman said:

The whole Paath?

Bhul chuk maaf

Yes, would you not recommend this and recommend a smaller shabad/jaap? I've been able to practice japji sahib alot with maharaj ji's kirpa so das has bani kanth, and I'm able to recite it fluently both in fast and slow tempo. I prefer to recite slowly and listen to each akhar as I say it. 

Guest GuptSingh
1 hour ago, paapiman said:

Do you know about Sant Baba Sewa Singh jee Rampurkhere wale?

Bhul chuk maaf

I've heard a lot about baba Harnam singh ji and would like to read their jeevan at some point which was written by baba sewa Singh. I've also heard that Baba Sewa Singh's brother lives near me but too sure about that

7 minutes ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

Yes, would you not recommend this and recommend a smaller shabad/jaap? I've been able to practice japji sahib alot with maharaj ji's kirpa so das has bani kanth, and I'm able to recite it fluently both in fast and slow tempo. I prefer to recite slowly and listen to each akhar as I say it. 

Are you able to concentrate on it for the most part of its duration?

Is there a Pauri in Sri Japjee saab which you like a lot?

Bhul chuk maaf

5 minutes ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

I've heard a lot about baba Harnam singh ji and would like to read their jeevan at some point which was written by baba sewa Singh. I've also heard that Baba Sewa Singh's brother lives near me but too sure about that

Baba jee's son lives here in Canada.

Please do try to find out about Baba jee's brother if you can.

@Soulfinder - Do you anything about Baba jee's brother?

Bhul chuk maaf

10 hours ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh. 

Dass is a 21 year old singh, I've been blessed with seva, simran, gurbani, kirtan daat from a young age and with Satguru ji's kirpa I was blessed with amrit when I was 17.

Slowly I was able progressing with my gursikhi jeevan, I was reciting gurbani whenever I could in my free time and even while during commutes to school and uni etc and was listening to katha and kirtan and performing various seva when I was able to. I felt like this was fruitful as my mindset was changing and I was blessed with more gursikh like qualities such as patience, humbleness, I was becoming more kind and calm etc. 

In the past year or 2 I've noticed my jeevan has fallen significantly and is nowhere near where it was before. I'm barely reciting any gurbani - I'm just doing the bare minimum 7 bania even then they rushed and not recited with prem and sharda. I'm no longer able to do anything sikhi related as I've lost something I'm not sure what, I feel very empty sikhiwise and I can't concentrate on katha, kirtan, gurbani etc. when I try to force myself to do something anyway. 

As a result I've lost qualities gained by Maharaj kirpa and I've now gained bad qualities like hatred, jealousy, laziness and panj vikaar etc. have a stronger effect on me. 

I've also fallen in a worldly sense too, don't if that's linked. I'm very anxious, lost a lot of confidence and have been dealing with depression too. I'm struggling at work and uni and my health is not as good as it used to be. 

Please can guru sangat guide me. Thank you for your help in advance. 

Bhai Jee,

please do not loose courage.

I think that maybe your current state is due to sometning that has affected very hard to your heart, maybe some dissapointment from somebody, maybe someone has betrayed you, maybe you expected something special which did not happen .... 

It is more likely at heart(sentiments) level, than anything else.

From my personal experience, I can tell you that, keep out from toxic  and narcissistc people who like to put others down and control their emotions, their mental health ....

Then also, if doing any sewa or devotional practices, do it with a non expectation mind, we should not think that I am doing so much for Maharaj, so I will get somehow my wishes granted .... any devotion should be with love and faith only in Him...which is called nishkam sewa, then there is no breakheart.

And at all times , try as much as possible to live in His (Tera bhaana meetha laagay) not ours; for with our efforts and will, we would expect or want something in return, but when it is by His will...then it is He knows best what to be done.

In the Bani Guru Jee tels the Lord:

If you give me a kingdom, then too it is Your glory, or even if you make me a beggar, what does it diminish from my side (as already I am nothing).

So bro, worldywise(physically)take whatever medicines you have to, eat the correct diet, sleep and rest that much required, also mentalwise, try staying in His will along with regular bhagtee.

Wish you a sooner recovery from this downhearted phase.... this too shall pass.

God bless you.

3 hours ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

I have had all blood tests for vitamin D, thyroids, iron etc. They've all come back fine. I do still take vitamin D supplements as I was recommended too by a family member who is doctor to take vitamin D supplements due to being tanned. 

What about Omega-3, Omega -6, Vit B12 and Zinc? You are lacto-veggie right?

Bhul chuk maaf

There are a lot of misconceptions and confusions in main-stream Sikhi. Daas can only say that without the sangat of a GurSikh Bhagat (Who has attained minimum “Nadar” of SatGuru), it becomes very difficult to tread this path and only such a person who has tread the path, can guide others. 
People are lost in their own mental imaginations and perception. Good Luck.

Guest GuptSingh
11 hours ago, SunnySingh said:

Bhai Jee,

please do not loose courage.

I think that maybe your current state is due to sometning that has affected very hard to your heart, maybe some dissapointment from somebody, maybe someone has betrayed you, maybe you expected something special which did not happen .... 

It is more likely at heart(sentiments) level, than anything else.

From my personal experience, I can tell you that, keep out from toxic  and narcissistc people who like to put others down and control their emotions, their mental health ....

Then also, if doing any sewa or devotional practices, do it with a non expectation mind, we should not think that I am doing so much for Maharaj, so I will get somehow my wishes granted .... any devotion should be with love and faith only in Him...which is called nishkam sewa, then there is no breakheart.

And at all times , try as much as possible to live in His (Tera bhaana meetha laagay) not ours; for with our efforts and will, we would expect or want something in return, but when it is by His will...then it is He knows best what to be done.

In the Bani Guru Jee tels the Lord:

If you give me a kingdom, then too it is Your glory, or even if you make me a beggar, what does it diminish from my side (as already I am nothing).

So bro, worldywise(physically)take whatever medicines you have to, eat the correct diet, sleep and rest that much required, also mentalwise, try staying in His will along with regular bhagtee.

Wish you a sooner recovery from this downhearted phase.... this too shall pass.

God bless you.

Thank you for your wise and kind words

10 hours ago, sevak said:

You cant find it this way. It happens only with Guru Bakshish.

Very true, sometimes it easy to forget this.

Guest GuptSingh
10 hours ago, paapiman said:

What about Omega-3, Omega -6, Vit B12 and Zinc? You are lacto-veggie right?

Bhul chuk maaf

I've had almost all tests done by doctors, including mri scan everything comes back normal.

I am lacto-vegetarian. 

do you have any stress on your life, such as work, commuting, school college uni?

Those are the kind of factors that actually affect my sikhi jeevan, and I have seen some people really go downwards due to these stressful activities. Stress can make a human behave differently, and activate base instincts in humans.

7 hours ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

I've had almost all tests done by doctors, including mri scan everything comes back normal.

I am lacto-vegetarian. 

also check if your are allergic to anything lacto. Lacto products really made me gain weight and feel lethargic, maybe check.

7 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

do you have any stress on your life, such as work, commuting, school college uni?

IMHO, he might be slightly in Depression or some other stress related disorder. If that's the case, he will probably be fine after taking some supplements for mental health for a time period.

Bhul chuk maaf

12 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

Lacto products really made me gain weight and feel lethargic, maybe check.

So, what did you do to fix this problem? Are you a lacto-veggie or you eat meat?

Eating a lot of Dairy products probably produces a lot of phlegm in the body, which in turn is also connected to Lust (according to Gurbani and Ayurved).

@dalsingh101 - Remember the discussion on Kuff, Pith and Baat?

Bhul chuk maaf

On 2/13/2022 at 5:15 PM, Guest GuptSingh said:

Generally speaking, you should choose (for Chaliye) the Gurbani Paath/Jaap/Mantars which give you the maximum joy.

How about you do this?

• Do an x amount of Sri Japjee Saab daily.
  • Also, do 6-8 malas of Khalsa Gayetri Mantar daily.

It will depend on how much time you have in a day. You should try to aim for Sava Lakh Jaap (especially for small Mantars). If you do 7 malas daily, you can do Sava Lakh (125,000 repetitions) in around 6 months.

Bhul chuk maaf